It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SpaceWeather Image Manipulation - "Cloned-Brushed?"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I read a thread on ATS about the latest-round of solar flares and space weather, and decided to check the referenced link pointing-to NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory regarding February 13's flare, which produced a huge burst of UV radiation.

Needless to say, I looked at the image, including a "circle" conveniently placed for others to locate the flare in question which gave-way to this huge UV burst, then magnified it to see better. Lo and behold, I couldn't believe my eyes, it looked exactly like what one would do to "embellish" an image to make something "appear" other than it did originally. Whomever performed this "work of art," has no sense of image manipulation; it clearly resembles a "cloned-brush" which "clones" a piece of an image you want to copy and make larger or otherwise.

This amazed me and at the same time, astonished me, then I felt very "manipulated" when realizing this, but the fact remains and begs the question of just who performed this little "jewel of fakery." And why???

Someone, please put "your" eyes on this and confirm; is this photo retouched? If not, I do not know what natural source would make an image appear this way if not altered digitally. And if this IS altered, what are they hiding???

Original Source URL: spaceweather.com...

Original article section and image:

EARTH-DIRECTED SOLAR FLARE: On Feb. 13th at 1738 UT, sunspot 1158 unleashed the strongest solar flare of the year so far, an M6.6-category blast. NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded an intense flash of extreme ultraviolet radiation, circled below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/92056d1c0079.jpg[/atsimg]

Here is a zoomed-in image, cropped to show suspected "clone-brush" alteration:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2eb4f48c0800.jpg[/atsimg]

The eruption produced a loud blast of radio waves heard in shortwave receivers around the dayside of our planet. In New Mexico, amateur radio astronomer Thomas Ashcraft recorded these sounds at 19 to 21 MHz. "This was some of the strongest radio bursting of the new solar cycle," he says. "What a great solar day."

Preliminary coronagraph data from STEREO-A and SOHO agree that the explosion produced a fast but not particularly bright coronal mass ejection (CME). The cloud will likely hit Earth's magnetic field on or about Feb. 15th. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras.
-- SpaceWeather.com

ADDITIONAL FILTERING OF ZOOMED IMAGE:

FILTERS APPLIED: INVERT and THRESHOLD - No other filters or alterations were performed on this image.

Can someone confirm the fact along with the statement that: "The image indeed is retouched, edited, and / or made to appear to obscure or embellish an element contained there-in the image?"

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5b2d2f599981.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 13-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Grammar corrections...

edit on 14-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Added the term "suspected" in the introduction of the zoomed-in image for clarification...

edit on 14-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: Added additional inverted and threshold filtered image...

edit on 14-2-2011 by trekwebmaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

It does look odd..
A big blob with two distinct lines passing through..
The lines also look like they are almost identical and straight..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
i lost all respect for nasa years ago, this is exactly why.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

exactly...it's a weird event; they say it was not a very "bright" flare, but with those "clone-brush" strokes on the "flares" coming off the center of the event, it makes me wonder just exactly how bright this was. Also there seems to be some "pixelation" in the center of it.

Very odd indeed. Especially when the audio didn't really have much "static or pops," in it.

Just makes me more curious about this...I assume we wait until the 15th, and see.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Okay folks, I played around with the image and found some interesting stuff:

Sorry, just had to give some props to that person's avatar. However, I did take the photo you supplied and although I am not an expert debunker, when you look at the image closely, the lines are too straight and the arcs are exact replicas of each other.

What might be there? Spaceship? Who knows.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

LOL that's hilarious...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I know so little about this ,,,no, I know nothing about this but um pixil burst? maybe and lets check solar wind from an alternate site on the 15-16th

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If it wasn't put in there by man, then wtf could cause that. It literally looks like a distortion of reality, it has to have been put in there by someone

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Looks a little dodgy tbh, take a look here:

errorlevelanalysis.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by StarTraveller

nice find. I thought my unclutterd mind would see the truth here. One has to take into an account that the imagery used is at its complete end of limits

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
well I guess it was for real with a X 2.2 rating... protons /cm3 is low though at 2.7. Wasn't last weeks count up to 5ish? The shape of things to come with this solar maxim cycle
edit on 15-2-2011 by mikeybiznaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Energy moves in waves. Any kind. What you see are those waves. This feature is all over the sun image, but the temperature/light difference cause by the sunspot allows you to see them.
If you look at the image analysis, I'm not seeing any difference between the two pictures. Looks untouched to me, although I'm sure that will mean nothing to someone looking for a conspiracy.
And.....there is one more thing to consider. At this angle, we are able to be looking down "into" the sunspot, not obliquely like the other spots visible. Just as you see ripples in the air over a campfire, you could be seeing ripples not apparent from a side view.
an you tell a difference? Here are screen shots from the image analysis, one random, one from the edge of the questioned sunspot, from both the original and the saved pictures:

Nothing different but the apparent difference in light.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Without noticing your thread. I started one about thge coronal holes in the sun. Everyone thinks the holes were my point.
I'm just trying to show more willingness to cover things up. So anyway, one of 'em came at me with a hammer.
Shhi, I'm from Shou lin..

SnF for you.

edit on 15-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
After watching a video of this event here on the forum I must admit that it certainly is real. In the video you can clearly see the 'waves' of energy being emitted from the spot.

Skip to around 5:10 to see this effect..
edit on 15-2-2011 by StarTraveller because: Video Link Added

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by trekwebmaster

My thoughts on what this could be other than editing...

Take a look at this page on how telescopes work:
How Telescopes Work

Depending on the type of telescope, it is possible that the light from the flare was so intense that it was duplicated within the telescope as a "ghost".

Here is a writeup from 1882 (yes you read that right) about the phenomenon:
Ghosts by Reflection in the Objective of a Refractive Telescope

This could also possibly be some sort of lens flare.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 9-9-2011 by TheLonePhantom because: Added Lens Flare

top topics

join