It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR: Iraqi PM Announced Formation of a Domestic Spy Agency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
It appears that Iraq is creating its own "Home Land Security Agency" as a means to stop insurgents carrying out attacks against US troops and to bring peace. "We are determined to bring down all the hurdles that stand in the way of our democracy ... terrorism will be terminated, God willing," prime minister Allawi said.

channels.netscape.com
"Iraq's interim prime minister announced the formation of a domestic spy agency on Thursday in a bid to uncover insurgents carrying out daily attacks on U.S.-led troops and Iraqi forces. ... a domestic intelligence network, which would attempt to infiltrate and expose those behind the insurgency. "'We are determined to bring down all the hurdles that stand in the way of our democracy ... terrorism will be terminated, God willing,' Allawi said. "

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Zion Mainframe]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I appluade the provincial government and its acting prime minister. A direct approach to resolve there innner termoil is a rapid a quick solution to the insurgency problem
I wonder who gave them this idea. Could it be the evil occupiers of the U.S. ?

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Just read a long article about this (think it was in Time, or something like it). Anyhoo, the guy heading up this agency is former Iraqi military, and was even trained in US Ranger school. He also once tried to organize a CIA-sponsored coup, before Saddam got wise to it (and executed some of his sons I might add). Something tells me this guy is CIA through and through, so looks like we (the US) did quite well in this selection, though it's pretty damned transparent....

You'd think Shrub would know a little "spycraft" considering who his daddy is, but it looks like once again it's "amateur night" in the US Clandestine services....

new topics

join