It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ECONOMIC HITMEN & EGYPT [did the west lead the revolution?]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Confessions of an Economic Hitman

That's a link to the wiki page on "Confessions of an Economic Hit Man" by John Perkins; there is a very compelling interview with John from 'Zeitgest: Addendum' which I'm sure is availible on YT (I'm at work so I cannot check unfortunately).

In the interview John basically outlines the process of (and how it was his job to) corrupting/ousting/assassinating the leaders of third world countries on America's behalf (to gain/perpetuate the economic chokehold the US held over these countries). He uses Ecuador (President Jaime Roldós Aguilera) and Panama (General Omar Torrijos) as his main historical examples of this process.

He opens with this example; "The first real economic hit man was back in the early 1950s, Kermit Roosevelt, Jr., the grandson of Teddy, who overthrew the government of Iran, a democratically elected government, Mossadegh’s government who was Time‘s magazine person of the year; and he was so successful at doing this without any bloodshed—well, there was a little bloodshed, but no military intervention, just spending millions of dollars and replaced Mossadegh with the Shah of Iran."
Basically he contends that they sent Kermit to Iran with a few million bucks, and by paying people to go out and riot it was easy for western media outlets to make it look like an entire country was up in arms; ergo the (global) population had nought to say when the US sat a puppet in Mossadegh's chair.

Now the wiki article alone pokes a lot of (fictional or not) holes in John's story, and obviously people have had access to middle eastern news outlets throughout this whole saga in Egypt; however if John's basic premise IS based on factual accounts, AND some western governments had a vested interest in what just happened in Egypt, then maybe, just maybe we've all been taken for a ride.

I'm not really prepared to form any beliefs one way or another, I just wanted to hear people's thoughts.