It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Site Statistics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hi all. I was just recently in a thread discussing why more men than women are interested in Conspiracy theory. One of the posters came up with the site statistics. Here, www.abovetopsecret.com... . Near the middle of the page is "Live quancast demographics" I was wondering where the site got this data as I do not remember specitying any of those demographics upon signing up. Are these demographics some kind of trending or guessing or something?
My question is, how does ATS generate this demographic data?

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
from the site the chart links to:

About Our Data: Quantcast has built powerful statistical technology to help you best understand and reach digital media audiences. Our tools enable the direct-measurement of traffic and audience characteristics, empowering both publishers and marketers to operate in a more connected and transparent way throughout strategy, buying, selling and evaluation phases of a campaign.

www.quantcast.com...

"People Versus Cookies

Quantcast provides audience data for both unique cookies counts and people. The Quantcast statistical direct measurement model takes into account numerous factors to build a translation of cookies to people that is unique to each digital media property."

edit on 13-2-2011 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by sm0k3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mutantgenius

Statistics are all given to us by Quancast, who if I am not mistaken use a mixture of your browsing history along with info from you ISP in order to tally up demographics for any specific site.

Although I'm unsure about either of those two things, it just seems like the logical conclusion considering we here at ATS NEVER ask for demographic information. Everything is voluntarily given through profiles etc..

We don't even allow other members to post threads asking other members for personal information of any kind.

Hope that helps

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I know the site doesn't ask for that info or I probably would have been less apt to sign up. It's amazing what data can be collected from you without your knowledge! So I'm gonna make a guess and predict that these site statistics are somewhat inaccurate and change from day to day, based on incoming traffic. I don't believe it is a definitive statistic, although there is probably some grain of truth to it.
Thanks for the info!

new topics

top topics

join