It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

time is relative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I am new to ATS forum although I have been reading it for awhile. This is my first post. I am looking for support. Since February 10 I have been experiencing a perceptual shift and although it is exhilarating, it is also unnerving. And no one in my circle of friends believes me. Several have questioned my mental health.

First a spider came to visit and would not leave me (Feb 10) and then I lost linear time (Feb 11-12). I mean time was backwards and forwards - the night lasted hours longer than it should have. I was alert, oriented, and yet it was dreamy. Awesome just doesn't cover it. I have gratitude to the universe for sending me this experience. I am just a little nervous sharing the exact details because of the reaction I have been getting.

Anyone else have a time shift/bend/rift experience lately?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by erinpixley

Can you give a little bit more detail? This is the perfect place to open up about it. I mean there's still going to be negative people responding but an equal if not slightly more percentage of people will be supportive/interested...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Well, I 58 yrs old now. The last 1 yr. has flown by. Seems I was just in a group meeting with a girl a few weeks back and she now has a baby a month old..It just seems as if time is flying by me, really, really fast...A week now is like a day use to be.....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Welcome to the boards. I have a spider story, and maybe a time shift too, but with no loss of memory. I had a wolf spider that came out from under a vanity in my bathroom everytime I was um "sitting across from it"
. It would just stay there, not apparently scared, and not agressive, this occured over months, I started talking to it. Seriously we had some great one-sided conversations. Spiders unfortunately do not live long, but I grew very fond of mine.

My time shift occured with a fall. As I fell it seemed that time slowed down and I was able to somewhat break my fall, no injuries. I think many people in sudden "fear" situations experience time slowing down.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Iamschist because: I cannot edit as I go apparently, quotes

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Hi , and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take some time to look around and orient yourself. Feel free to send me a U2U if you have any questions or concerns.

~Keeper—Forum Moderator

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I felt the same way when I was tripping on DXM took some LSA and smoked alot

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The short version of events without embellishment:

I went to bed at 10:40pm. What felt like an instant later I woke and it was 12:00am. My partner was not in the bed. I went and got a glass of water. I was unsteady on my feet. Weird. I decided to not look for my partner and go back to bed. I woke again at 3:00am. My partner was not in the bed. I got up and went to the washroom. I couldn't believe it was 3am - so I checked another clock and it said 3:00am also. I sense something is different, but I am compelled to go back to bed.
Partner called out to me and I got up. When I reached my partner the clock said 1:30am. I asked him of he changed the clock and he laughed at me. I checked 3 clocks (including the ones I checked earlier)- they all had around the same time. Went back to bed and woke at 3:00am again. Partner was in the bed this time. I awaken at 4:00am feeling that I should be getting out of bed for the day.

That's it in a nut shell. Hope it helps.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

that's awesome. Do you think time can be manipulated?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

If you mean in a time machine sort of way, yes, but not with todays technology, I actually believe if we can think of it, then sooner or later, it will be possible. If you mean in a magic powers kind of way, maybe. You are off to a really good start on here

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Time itself is something like distance. It can be measured with a ruler, in inches or meters (really!), but it isn't along the same axis as any of the three spacial dimensions we are familiar with.

Einstein's E=MC^2 is based upon the idea that light/energy travels at a speed of about 386,000 meters every second. This is the fastest thing in 'spacetime' and we can inversely infer that one second equals @ 386,000 meters along the axis of time.

We only experience a very linear and directional view of time but all time is there, all the time! We only need to 'see' it for what it is.

We, as a species, have had an almost religious faith that 'time' is our perception of its passage but this is neither true or helpful.

We would not be able to truly appreciate what time is, or really "do stuff with it" (as we are now beginning to do) if we hold to the regular orderly unidirectional view of it.

Time is rich and shaped and has gradients and density. Perhaps your 'disorientation' is leading you to a higher and richer truth.

These things are bourne out by experiment and mathematics and are true.
edit on 13/2/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

A fairly rudimentary manipulation of time is what is called synchrotron radiation.

Basically, as the frequency of EM radiation goes up, so the size of the "generator" has to come down and power handling characteristics have to go up. Because some of the highest frequency waves would require stuff smaller than we can make, to handle energies that would vaporise it anyway, we have to use special physics tricks to get past the barriers.

By spinning an electric field (in a synchrotron) we can get these higher frequencies out of a lower frequency source by using the local time dilation effect. In essence, we are bending time to break through barriers to our current technology.

So time is manipulatable and as we figure out new tricks we will begin to bend more, further. These are only early days.

Even nature uses time dilation and the bending of timespace. It is not hard to see it once you can comprehend it!

Cool eh!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Thanks I've been lurking for a long time

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

I admit that I am not well versed in space-time knowledge, but your explanation rings true to me. It makes sense.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Whatever you do, don't be afraid. Accept what has happened and embrace it if it occurs again. Certain things in life are hard to explain or experience with others. Sometimes keeping it to yourself is best until you find a place that is more understanding (ie this forum) or you understand more fully what is happening.

Time is relative and "not real". You could have experienced the feeling of losing the ability to orient time-- which can take the form of losing the sense of self. Ie, you feel disconnected from your body, your surroundings, and the concept of time.

I think these events happen because of our ever-shifting and evolving conciousness. If you are not familiar with this (and who is?) it could be scary or unlike anything you've ever felt. Like I said at the beginning: accept it and see what happens. If it becomes frightening I would take more notice, but if it's innocuous then just go with it. You could have been sleepwalking, lucid dreaming, had an out of body dream/experience. Or it could just be your mind opening up to new facets of reality.

I hope that you find comfort knowing that this happens to others in different forms. All the Best to you.

new topics

top topics

join