It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaddafi tells Palestinians: Revolt Against Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It looks like things could be heating up even more in the mid-east this week if Palestinians listen to Gaddafi. I'm not sure how much influence he has over people but after watching Egypt's uprising and revolution LIVE on TV, it probably wouldn't take much to set people off.

* Libyan leader says refugees should mass on Israel's shores
* 'This is a time of popular revolutions': Gaddafi
* Accuses Western powers of being enemies of Islam

TRIPOLI, Feb 13 (Reuters) - Palestinian refugees should capitalise on the wave of popular revolts in the Middle East by massing peacefully on the borders of Israel until it gives in to their demands, Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi said on Sunday.

Link to breaking news article: af.reuters.com...

Gaddafi also issued a call to Muslim countries to join forces against Western powers. He said the world was divided into white, denoting the United States, Europe and their allies, and green for the Muslim world. "The white colour has decided to get rid of the green colour," Gaddafi said. "These countries should be united against the white colour because all of these white countries are the enemies of Islam."

This can't be good.
edit on 13-2-2011 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Gaddafi is a tool. Never has any muslim or country ever listened to his ramblings in the history of the world.
I really wouldn't worry about it.

Unless his ideology spreads like fire in the middle east, nothing will happen.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Out of all of the ruling leadership throughout the Muslim world, I think it is fair to say that this man has the lowest reputation amongst his subjects. He is not the spark to ignite a widening of the unrest in the region, other than within his own borders. His flagrant disregard for the teachings of the Koran single him out for an uprooting.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Ghaddafi may be an idiot, but on this matter he's ahead of the curve as far as national leaders go.

He states that Western nations and cultures are anti-Islam, an vice-versa. He's spot on.

All too soon, I foresee another Holy War such as that which began in AD 632 when Islam began its war on mankind.

Here's why. Islam (submission) must conquer and convert by force.

Westerners don't submit worth a **** .

To make it even better, when it comes to matters of war, Westerners ever come out on top. Easterners at best can willingly walk into a slaughter, but even their weapons are at best copies of Western technologies.

Oh yeah. I sincerely believe another Holy War, with Islam taking the war to the Western nations, supposedly Christian is inevitable.

I further believe that even though the struggle will be unbelievably bloody and ruthless, the result too, is inevitable.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FarArcher

The "West" inability to form a cohesive foreign policy in the Muslim World is what is enraging the masses. The financial support given to Israel by the USA has what has led them to be labelled the "Great Satan", and it is only via a change in the current standing which will change the mindset of those that see the "Christian/Crusader" nations as potential targets.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Yes but your all missing the crucial point, his plan would work,, if the military turned on the people ,, well lets say it would not have ended so peacefully, so what u gonna have isreal or u.s open fire on thousands of "new Freedom Fighters" and start a massacre? or prevent one take ypur pick,, gadafi is no fool, he's been here since before reagan.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
He's very good at smelling the wind,, watch for a reply from Jordan,, the real ruler of that clan,, i think?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
Yes but your all missing the crucial point, his plan would work,, if the military turned on the people ,, well lets say it would not have ended so peacefully, so what u gonna have isreal or u.s open fire on thousands of "new Freedom Fighters" and start a massacre? or prevent one take ypur pick,, gadafi is no fool, he's been here since before reagan.

I see what you are saying but I just don't think that the people are going to take up arms on the prompting by a guy like him. They have more than enough motivation with what has happened in the counties of recent revolt and due to the treatment that they are subjected to. As for his longevity, there are many despots that still hold the reins of power due to the relationship with the security forces and their leadership. This, in turn, appeases their their natural competitor in the balance of power.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Ahh yes but a strong seed has been sow, on furtile ground, and peacefully deposing of leadership is allowed again so it seems.
edit on 13-2-2011 by BobAthome because: reply to: Extreme Pilgrim

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

gadafi is no fool, he's been here since before reagan.

No, the guy is not stupid - he's been in control of Libya for over 40 years, since 1969 I believe. He saw how quickly two other long term dictators in his backyard (Ben Ali, Tunisia & Mubarek, Egypt) bit the dust recently. This may be a plan to distract Libyans from doing the same and overthrowing his dictatorship.

Nothing new here: an Arab leader once again using the exploited Palestinians to shine the spotlight away from his own repressive regime. The question is, will it work? If the Algerian Government is next to fall, no doubt, Gaddafi and his boys will be on extremely shaky ground.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Then i would say "wow" remember Ghadaffi sent a hit squad after Reagan, I'm just saying payback and all that.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal

gadafi is no fool, he's been here since before reagan.

No, the guy is not stupid - he's been in control of Libya for over 40 years, since 1969 I believe. He saw how quickly two other long term dictators in his backyard (Ben Ali, Tunisia & Mubarek, Egypt) bit the dust recently. This may be a plan to distract Libyans from doing the same and overthrowing his dictatorship.

Nothing new here: an Arab leader once again using the exploited Palestinians to shine the spotlight away from his own repressive regime. The question is, will it work? If the Algerian Government is next to fall, no doubt, Gaddafi and his boys will be on extremely shaky ground.

"Then i would say "wow" remember Ghadaffi sent a hit squad after Reagan, I'm just saying payback and all that. "
edit on 14-2-2011 by BobAthome because: include quote

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kroms33
Gaddafi is a tool. Never has any muslim or country ever listened to his ramblings in the history of the world.
Unless his ideology spreads like fire in the middle east, nothing will happen.

What's wrong with Hip-Hop /Rap?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67217eaecc54.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

He does appear to have quite the entourage behind him...

His answer to your question about Hip Hop/ Rap? (check it, he even has his ipod on and is listening to it!)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/94add0244023.jpg[/atsimg]

He even partakes in some of the Hip Hop culture from time to time...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/77ff2c9bfa48.jpg[/atsimg]

What defines his hip hop / rap nature is the fact that he walks around with pretty ladies dressed in camouflage.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42fb3a55e466.jpg[/atsimg]

Why would the muslim world listen to him if they don't even listen to his hip hop rap songs??? He does have his own 'girl squad' though... How Gangster!

edit on 2/14/2011 by kroms33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ghaddafi is, as others have said, a tool. No one listens to him. And quite frankly, this dude trying to capitalize on a tide of anti-regime movements sweeping the Middle East is beyond hypocritical. The Palestinians are no fools; they know Ghaddafi is going to sit in Libya, safe and secure as an American "ally in the war on terror."

If they revolt, it's going to be on their own terms, not this moron's.

reply to post by BobAthome

We bombed Libya, which resulted in Ghaddafi's daughter being killed in an American bomb blast. Is that "payback" enough?

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
I guess we all know now what happens when you go against Isreal... you don't make it through the year alive!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AstroBuzz

wow u must be a prophet!

posted on Jan, 21 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

I don't know about that.
I do however like his shirt.

top topics

join