It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shame of Britain's Muslim schools: Secret filming shows pupils being beaten and 'taught Hindus dri

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rigel Kent

Oh so its all the jews fault? I think this argument has been put forward before with rather disastrous consequences. Its good to see we have moved forward from those terrible days of WW2 though..oh wait, some people obviously haven't. I think it is you that needs to wake up if you think this is just propaganda. These events happened at this school, why don't you wake up and see the world for what it really is.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lazernation

Originally posted by gambon
As you can see from this article , ,it WAS happening in more than one school..birmingham , and one in yorkshire where a teacher has been arrested for beating children in a religious class,ahh the peace .....

m.guardian.co.uk...

edit on 15-2-2011 by gambon because: (no reason given)

Forgive me, but out of how many muslim schools?

Honestly, I would prefer religion to be kept right out of schools. There should be no religious conditioning of young people of whatever denomination.

However, wouldn't it be great if an intelligent rather than sensationalist journalist did a series on abuses and extremism at all religion affiliated UK schools. This is a show that I would watch.

That seems a fair proposition, but it doesn't work like that. This programme took at least a year to make on the basis of information they had received. They decided to investigate, and they found enough to return in the new school terms, and found more goings on. What do you expect them to do with the information, sit on it? This is forced indoctrination of children, very young children who get a slap in the face, who are then likely full of self doubt as they can't figure out what they did wrong. Not only that, hitting around the head can cause physical and Psychological damage, so that teacher is an ignoramus to begin with and an unfit person. This is what the NSPCC says about such attacks in Q & A form,

"I have just seen a man hit his son around the head in a supermarket car park. What should I do?"
If you witness this kind of assault on a child, you should contact the police immediately. Give them as much detail as you can about what you have seen, including a description of the adult and child, where the assault happened, car registration number etc. The police will visit the scene, check on the welfare of the child. If necessary, they will share the details of the assault with social services.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
On BBC 3 last night, UK TV, I happened on this documentary where this guy who is gay, and also a raio 1 DJ went to one of the most homophobic places in the world, Uganda in Africa.
There they will give gay LIFE imprisonment iof they are found cavorting with same sex, and if this is happens more than once they will receive the death penalty. Gays are turned on by their own families, and 'friends', and many end up living in the most hellish disgucting places--filth, open sewers. real poverty. It was awful.

The DJ, Scot Mills, was in despair when talking to young people, and realizing that they like nearly everyone he had talked to on the street etc conformed to this horrendous hatred for gay people.
When Scot had asked them, as well as others, who they felt was telling them this all said the PASTORS. Yip--the CHURCH. So here we are again with so-called religion spreading evil, hatred, fear.

It is clear that the ABRAHAMIC belief system from which the three dominant world religions stem from, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, has a lot to answer for !!!

So am I Buddhist, Hindu...no. If I had to choose any label it would be Pagan. Earth-centred Pagan. All these other belief systems seem to look down on nature, the body, sencuality, sexuality, and diversity.
I am a very spiritual person, but see spirit to be totally interelated with nature, and other beings, and the univers. I just hope anyone reading this and knowing their child is being indoctrinated with fear and hate does the right thing and gets them away from it.

One thing I haven't mentioned. That if you ignore the religious conditioning, what our 'education' system promotes is a mechanisitc paradigm which tells children they are machines, and that reality is a machine. That indoctrination is just AS brutal, and stems from mainly the Abrahamic belief system!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Here's some more of your Muslim Brotherhood at what they do best!

CBS News' Lara Logan Assaulted During Egypt Protests

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

I'm not sure if you read my post very carefully. I was quite clear in stating that these things were completely wrong. I also was not "defending" anyone. The only point that you could manipulate into a defense if you misunderstood it, was my statement that the thread title seemed to have the INTENTION of suggesting that ALL Muslims Schools were 'shameful'. No doubt SOME of them are, just as SOME Christian Schools are shameful. I'm not sure what you are accusing me of here?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

If they were acting out, a serious beating is neccessary! BEAT THOSE BRATS

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

This is only a few schools that were investigated, and it is clear that these schools hide their agenda, and are completely dishonest.

Chances are that these schools represent a majority of Islamic schools, and that the teaching of hatred for other cultures is widespread.

I though that after these videos were put on the air, some international attention would occur, but nothing, nada.

Looks like the Arabs have the news stations all bought off.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

"This is only a few schools that were investigated.....Chances are that these schools represent a majority of Islamic schools"

You do know what a logical fallacy is, right? You are making a classic Hasty Generalisation Fallacy here. You admit that only a few schools were investigated yet, you somehow jump to the conclusion that these few schools represent the majority.
Do I even have to bring up the fallacy in your statement that the media must have "all been bought off by Arabs"? LOL!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Simplistic sampling - if you go to a few schools and find something in most of them then you assume that the same is occuring in the wider population.

it's not actually a fallacy at all - it is an inference.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

What is that statement saying? Does this infer that you know that Dizzylizzy is a part of Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt when you say "Your Muslim Brotherhood" That needs clarification.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

reply to post by avocadoshag Well if you see the exact title of this thread, it is "Shame of Britain's Muslim schools....." Now if this thread was simply about a SINGLE school that abused children...or perhaps even a single Teacher in that school who abused his students, then it would have read something like "Shameful Muslim School in Britain, where Students are Beaten"....or words to that effect. I take the meaning of this thread as being about how shameful Muslim Schools Are.....at least thats how I understand the wording. Therefore I think suggesting this is just another in a long line of Muslim Bashing, is at the very least, an assumption that is based on valid reasoning. One other thing I thought interesting. Though the Beating of kids, is of course not something that should EVER be allowed in any civilized society no matter who does it, I found the one statement "And we came across pupils being told that the ‘disbelievers’ are ‘the worst creatures’ and that Muslims who adopt supposedly non-Muslim ways, such as shaving, dancing, listening to music and – in the case of women – removing their headscarves, would be tortured with a forked iron rod in the afterlife" oddly familiar. I realized after thinking about it that it was almost an EXACT mirror of the messages shoved down the children's throats of Fundamentalist Schools and Churches here in America!!! I should know I went to two Christian Schools during my Junior Highschool Days. I don't think its right to teach kids anything like this, but that doesn't change the fact that it is in no way limited to 'Muslim' Schools.

In bold- the point I made was aimed at you and several others really who state that "others have done this"

I see this as a sort of, hey look it's ok because it's not just Muslims type of statement.

Now if people using this logic feel there is enough evidence of such disgusting behaviour by Christians or Jews or whoever else then start a thread on it - and see how irritated you would become if it took this path. Here's a thread for making point.

OP
Another Christian priest is facing charges for sexual assault on 2 altar boys in his parish...etc

First Reply
Well it's ok for the priest to do this - I mean look at Muslims their prophet was a "paedophile" as he had sex with a 13 year old

Point being that it doesn't make the priest any less if a child molesting pervert who should rot in hell because this other person did it?

I hope that clarifies my position?
Regards

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
I think I'm going to go out and do some raping and pillaging, peerhaps alittle murdering too. Oh, and I may molest some children and then tell everyone how brilliant it would be to hate everyone and kill people who don't beleive what you do.

After all, lots of other people do this, so it must be OK. That is what everyone on this thread keeps saying. If I am wrpong, perhaps those people who say "others have done it" could clarify their possitions?

Anyone?

edit on 17-2-2011 by Shamatt because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
I am joining a campaign to end all religious schooling. I believe it is the most divisive thing a society could possibly do. These kids need to go to the same schools as the others in their society.

Well to be honest I went to a religious primary and secondary school and despite not being religious.... I got a pretty good education, never had religion forced on me... learnt about many other religions and we had as many fights, drugs and scandals at our school as any other school.

I don't really think that faith schools are the problem, It's faith schools with an agenda, like those shown in that channel 4 documentary that are the problem.....beatings and teaching hate is not good.

I never heard other faiths being bad mouthed and never had a bad experience at my schools and we had some of the best grades in our area.... always did well in the league tables and so on.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

Could you clarify this statement, where on this thread have I shown any allegiance to the M.B.

If pupils are being taught hatred for others and are being abused in other faith or non-faith schools they will be exposed just as these schools have been.

It seems that some Muslims are sending their 'problem' children to Islamic schools in Kashmir on the India Pakistan border where they are at risk of being radicalised. Why I wonder would parents want to do this. What have these schools got to offer young men who are living in a Western society.

[url=http://www.telegraph.co.uk...]Link[ /url]

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by facchino

Yes, it does, but I'm afraid that you misunderstand me. I agree with you totally on this point. I am all about bringing any Religious Group that teaches Hatred like this out into the light to be judged by all....I was only making the comparision to show that Christianity can have just as hate filled doctorine that Islam can have.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Only a few pages in so far, but thought I'd correct some fallacies.

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
In a few years full Islamic veils will most likely be banned in the UK.

Not likely as there is currently nothing on the Parliamentary calndar for such legislation.

Also in April 2011 herbal medicines will be banned from sale.

Not true at all, nice attempt at spin though. Go and look up what is actually happening in regard to this and come back to me. It's also not just the UK, but EU wide.

High taxation of 'undesirable' products also forces us to reconsider what we can and cannot consume.

As has been the norm for decades, ie; using taxation to influence people's decisions. That said, it hasn't worked very well for tobacco so is a moot point really.

Anyhoo, back to the rest of the thread...

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Try walking down your high street stark bollock naked, and then come back to us and say that we can wear what we like.

An off topic, but interesting tidbit here...

It isn't illegal to be naked in public in the England and Wales. You can only be arrested if your intent was to cause alarm or distress of a sexual nature. The Scottish on the other hand are somewhat more prudish.

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Try purchasing cannabis or other illicit substances, and see whether the authorities are happy for you to possess and drink it.

Indeed and much can be said about that too.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

In our schools, and also our prisons.

n July 2009, Bourgass was transferred to HMP Whitemoor in Cambridgeshire after authorities feared he was bullying and intimidating fellow prisoners at Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

According to the High Court judgement, he then sought to coerce other prisoners to his world view, including "pressuring them to attend prayer, stipulating when and how they should pray, what they should eat, what they should read and persuading them not to co-operate with staff, particularly female prison staff."

Security intelligence suggested that Hussain had preached Islamic ideals through his cell window in determined attempts to convert non-Muslim prisoners to his own interpretation of Islamic ideals, said the judgement.

There are concerns that Hussain's interpretation of the Koran are in line with his terrorist beliefs and conviction, and promulgation of his ideals has the potential to cause serious disruption within the segregation unit as well as within the general prisoner population.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
But from what I saw last night, these Madrass schools need shutting down for good. They have no place in modern British society. I am joining a campaign to end all religious schooling. I believe it is the most divisive thing a society could possibly do. These kids need to go to the same schools as the others in their society.

I think it should be acknowledged that the bulk of the funding for these Islamic schools in the UK (and this sin't the first undercover report into goings on in them) comes from Saudi. From there has sprang a global effort to spread the extreme wahhabi version of Islam as practiced in that craphole of a country. They also back other groups in the UK and Europe, which Dispatches has investigated as well, who practice vote rigging and intimidation in order to get their people onto councils and, in some cases such as Keith Vaz and chums, even into Parliament. Oh yes, Mr Vaz, the high flying Labour MP has been linked to some rather dodgy groups by Dispatches and it puts into light some of his views on certain things.

As for "religious" schools, my daughter and step-son go to CoE schools. My daughters school in particular actually has a high prorportion of "non christians", including Muslim Children and they all get on fine. That said, the CoE schools are state schools which are supported by the Church, so cannot select, whereas Jewish, Muslim and Catholic schools tend to be wholly independant, so are different. I see nothing wrong with the CoE schools and I'm not even religious (was never even Christened), but they are good schools and teach the kids some sound moral values which transcend religion or race.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
It isn't illegal to be naked in public in the England and Wales. You can only be arrested if your intent was to cause alarm or distress of a sexual nature. The Scottish on the other hand are somewhat more prudish.

I actually remember reading about this before when the case of ''the naked rambler'' was in the news.
He wasn't - apparently - doing it for any reasons of exhibitionism or sexual gratification, but because he felt more in tune with nature doing so, or something like that.

I think if someone was walking down their high street with no clothes on, then the police would err on the side of caution and arrest them or tell them to cover up.

Either way, my point still remains that you are not free to walk down the street naked in all circumstances, thereby making England and Wales restrictive in what clothes you are or aren't allowed to wear, just like Muslim countries.

Before people get on their high-horses and denounce other countries for what they permit you to wear, perhaps they need to take a look closer to home.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join