It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Exactly! Everyone seems to think that people who live around a major airport their whole life wouldn't notice this at some point if they were planes.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

Well....IF the OP had mentioned his camera was aimed North, then you'd have a point.

But, as you can read, this isn't the case. I gave him the benefit of doubt, with the possibility of miscommunication, in this venue and forum (it happens, when you aren't in the same room with someone...that is MUCH easier and faster).

So, I'm back to my original impression, on viewing the videos, and from experience AND from the physical geography of the OP's home, and location relative to the O'Hare Airport.

IN addition....the dearth of any other reports, to show this as something unusual enough to have attracted the attention of the undoubtedly millions of people all over the area...yet, not a peep. There are comparisons to be made, in UFO lore,of "mass sightings" that are clearly different.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

You must also keep in mind the height of the objects in the sky. If they were higher up, many more people would have the chance to see them. But around here, there are way too many houses/buildings that obscure the view of these. For example, if I were to go out on my drive way, I would maybe only be able to see one of those lights.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Since this is happening in a populated area, and occurs with such a regularity, I can't fathom how the folks who make a living off this have not descended on the area.
edit on 21-2-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Yesterday I promised to look at the Charts for military airspace, and it got late. So, look at this:

flightaware.com...

(Zoom out, move it around just like Google Maps)...

Up the Lake to the North, a Restricted Area and an MOA (Military Operations Area). Restricted Areas usually are there for military purposes.

Restricted area is either Great Lakes Naval Academy or Zion Nuclear Plant. Both are considered high on "Target" lists, I would presume.

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

I was already contacted by the mufon state director lol

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

So, NO....not "near" O'Hare. THAT would have made the news, for sure!!

Ah, ok. Thanks. Yeah, I suppose that is true. Just because they appear to be near the airport, does not mean that they are.

So that leads me to another question... Is there a way in which we can accurately, or at least, somewhat accurately, determine how far away these lights are from the camera?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So, I'm back to my original impression, on viewing the videos, and from experience AND from the physical geography of the OP's home, and location relative to the O'Hare Airport.

Strictly for my clarification, what was your original impression? Planes?

The only reason I ask is because you seemed to imply that it is possible that these objects were not actually near the airport as they seem. Which alone does not rule out planes, but if I am not mistaken you were suggesting that it was planes either landing or taking off from O'hare.

Or was your original impression flares? What your original impression was, is probably glaringly obvious, but I am working with strep throat and am beyond tired, so please bear with me.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

IN addition....the dearth of any other reports, to show this as something unusual enough to have attracted the attention of the undoubtedly millions of people all over the area...yet, not a peep.

Why do you say there are a small amount of reports? I would say that the 4-5 is actually pretty decent. I mean, take a look at MUFON and usually there are lone reports... So to have 4-5 similar reports in the past few months... Well, I think that is not something to turn your nose up at, personally.

Plus, apparently, MUFON is interested in the sighting. They contacted the OP... I am guessing they want to investigate? Out of the countless UFO sightings made each day, how many do you think get attention from MUFON?

I don't know... The video and report from the OP does seem to be spreading like wild fire... So... I don't think you can really say there has not been a peep... Just for what that is worth.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I would also like to add to this. Not everyone who sees these are going to file formal reports. Hell, I didn't even know MUFON existed, or what it was, before gimme some truth told me about it, and calling the police was the last thing on my mind. I can't count how many comments I have gotten on my videos (also messages) from people around the area who have said something along the lines of "hey i've seen these too," but everyone seems to ignore those, or just chooses not to look at them. Why? Because there aren't formal written reports on some website to gaze at collectively? I don't see how that makes anyone's statements any less relevant in regards to the sighting.
edit on 22-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
reply to post by Kali74

My videos all over the internet already, and it's been reposted on youtube several times. I'm not worried

They can say they "exposed" me all they want. Like I said, whatever helps them sleep better at night

edit:

There ya go

edit on 21-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

that's awesome! Have you looked for them during daylight hours? Maybe using IR settings on your camera?

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

One second they appear, and then they stay there for hours. I never see them fly away or anything, they just end up fading out after a while.

Hi! I'm new here and have just been reading through a few threads when I came upon yours. Unfortunately, your videos were already removed so I couldn't watch them.

I haven't read ALL the pages of this thread yet, however, I wanted to just make a quick comment...

I am wondering...if these are planes, HOW could they stay there for hours as you had observed? I ask this because years back, here in North Central NM, we had a lot of UFO sightings and I did see them one December, night after night. They would be in a long line, just still, not going anywhere for hours. Finally, they would begin to move suddenly and quickly all disappear. It was like they were perfectly lined up one minute and then they would "scramble" every which way and then disappear. The disappearing part of it was as if they went straight up and got very tiny before they disappeared from our sight.

When I say they were there for hours, they would be there for like over three or four hours! They were lined up between where we were outside of Santa Fe (in a small area called La Cienega) and going towards where Los Alamos is North of Santa Fe.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

FINALLY! I made it through all 21 pages! When I posted earlier this morning, I was only at page 9 or so.

Thank you very much for reposting that video clip! That is similar to what we saw years ago here in North Central NM, only for the most part, they were in a long line pattern. I was South of Santa Fe, NM about 13 miles. We would see them lined up from out towards Albuquerque, running up and over us, going above Santa Fe and over to the mountains where Los Alamos is situated. There was ALWAYS a lot of "light show activity" over the Los Alamos area back then.

Most all of the activity we ever saw was in the winter, December-January and went late into the night before they would finally just leave.

Lots of other strange things went on as well at that time.

Thank you so much for posting that video again! It is really amazing and I DO NOT think those are planes. We had the same lights here and didn't even have a major airport. Our airport in Santa Fe is very small and NO large planes fly into it. Back when we saw the things we did, the airport was only for small private planes. Nowadays, we do have American Airlines communter planes that fly in and out two or three times a day, but that's about it.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I just want to jump in and say thanks to the OP for posting this thread and enduring all of the responses. For the most part it has been civil, I do wish the skeptics could be nice and not stoop to nasty accusations though. IMO you did a great job presenting this information and I hope the thread doesn't "go away" because it has been an interesting read.

I saw something once and posted it on ATS - only because I was excited/freaked out and wanted to know if anyone else around my area could see what I was seeing and this was the first/only place I thought of. I wasn't trying to convince anyone of anything because I know I saw something I was just looking for possible corroboration from other members. I couldn't get pics so no proof (to be picked apart anyway) and I didn't get much resolution. Basically the bandwagon decided that since I live near airports I had to be seeing spotlights. Forget that I was seeing them myself and my testimony that I know what spots look like and these weren't spots....what I saw didn't matter; what others didn't see was the consensus. Just saying that I understand your frustration, especially when you see something you don't understand and on top of it have to deal with smart aleck comments when all you want is answers.

As I stated above, I live near airports and yes I agree that at first the planes could look like planes in a holding pattern. I have seen that many times and sometimes it gets my attention (because I am constantly looking up) and when you continue to watch it resolves into a plane. I never see that many that close together - ever. They just don't look like planes to me after you watch the whole video. Just an opinion. I will admit the timing (the fact that they follow a pattern of appearing at the same time on different days) would be a point in the plane column of choices however. You just can't tell for sure.

I agree that people who live near airports get used to the flight patterns and think nothing of lights unless there is something that is unusual about them. I can only speak for myself but even if I think I see something out of the ordinary my knee jerk reaction is to assume that it is mundane and not vice versa. Hope you get some answers for what you saw

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by makinit66

Definitely wish I had that fancy kind of stuff. I'd be looking allll over

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Thank you for stating your opinion maturely. It's much appreciated.
Good to know that someone else has been on the same end of this as myself.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Whitebear

Hey! Thanks for reading the whole thread, that's awesome.

Yeah, here's the thing. The night I took the SECOND video (February 18th), I picked up my girlfriend to go out to dinner, but noticed the lights were still in the same spot (about an hour after I recorded the video.) I decided to drive to them again. I followed them out to Bloomingdale (a location where these had already been recorded by someone else I'll post the video below.) and I realized that they look different from where I recorded the video. They really are all strung out in a line. Some are higher than others, but it's really weird to see. I would have had an AWESOME shot on my phone, because I ended up pulling over at a golf course, but there were too many trees blocking my view from there. People assume just because planes appear to form a line when they're on approach, that they must be planes. Just because something appears to be something explainable, doesn't mean it is. Most people just jump right on their first opinion and totally ignore the original story of the event. Anyway, here's the video, and I can assure you these are not airplanes. You're welcome to decide for yourself, though
Keep in mind, this is the exact same sighting I recorded (The video in my OP, February 13th) at 6 PM. This was recorded at 8 PM, and proves that they were there for at least 2 hours.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Did you, or someone else say these lights were actually out over a body of water BEHIND where the airport is? I am not familiar with your area. I do know that there have been many UFO sightings and activity around good sized bodies of water in the past.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

They really are all strung out in a line. Some are higher than others, but it's really weird to see

Not unlike planes cuing up for a landing? I don't why the least probable conclusion is being pushed so hard here. I would imagine, with MUFON contacting you (and any other UFO person that makes a living off of this should) you will either be vindicated here soon enough (you should be as repeatable as they are and over a HIGHLY populated area) or you will have to face reality.

I still don't know why ATS doesn't run right over there and handle this. This place is a business after all, and a case like this could provide them SERIOUS attention if there was anything to it. SERIOUS attention means massive clicks, media attention driving more clicks.....everything a business like this place wants and needs to survive.

The lack of those in charge of ATS to jump on something as easy to investigate as "Ufo's always near my house" should tell you something. The guys who run this place are not idiots. They are businessmen. Have you contacted them directly and offered up this amazing case since they have not jumped on it? I can only assume that since they see nothing profitable in this mess is because there is nothing here to bother with.

Their silence speaks VOLUMES. Consider what I say before you come back with your usual sniping reply.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Keep in mind, this is the exact same sighting I recorded (The video in my OP, February 13th) at 6 PM. This was recorded at 8 PM, and proves that they were there for at least 2 hours.

See, this is the kind of thing that gets you into trouble around here. We have no way of knowing that the Bloomingdale lights are the same ones you filmed from your window.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join