It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Kali74

For you (and OP) re: flares, watch this. I suppose more Internet searches will find more information on flares and various designs and types. (If you don't read Portuguese, jump to about 1:33):

Let me ask you a question. Because I really don't know the answer. Maybe you will. How common is it for Military flares to be launched near a private Airport? Honestly I think the flare theory makes more sense than the plane theory at this point, but is it common to see Military flares near an airport such as O'Hare?

Or is it possible that the Airport itself is somehow setting off flares? If so, what would be a reason to do it so often?
edit on 21-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: correcting a typo

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by October

Yeah I took the video off because of all the little girls whining about it because it offends them in some way/shape/form and they feel the need to argue to the death about what I saw with my own eyes.

I now wait for this thread to die.
edit on 21-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Only thing is, the lights I see don't disappear, reappear, disappear, reappear like that. They appear, stay there, move around a little, then disappear after hours.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. I like talking UFOs on this site because you can always find great replies/help, but the nay sayers and negative folks really ruin it for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing your story!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by hootlj

Aw I'm sorry to hear that. I like talking UFOs on this site because you can always find great replies/help, but the nay sayers and negative folks really ruin it for the rest of us. Thanks for sharing your story!

I'm a BELIEVER, but, we NEED the nay-sayers and debunkers and skeptics to make it a better investigation. If there were none, this thread would be dead. Could you imagine?

OP- Saw lights, must be a UFO.
1st Reply- I agree. Must be.
2nd Reply- Duh, of course it is.

Where would this site be?
This thread is a better example of the debate and counter-arguement that makes ATS what it is.

What would be the advantage otherwise?

It cannot be all "Yes" or all "No". It removes the point.
Cuhail

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

I agree with you.
BUT, the naysayers take their opinion and make it fact, based on what they believe it "looks like."

"looks like chinese lanterns"
therefore they're lanterns.

"looks like planes coming in to o'hare"
therefore they're planes coming into o'hare

While at the same time, they completely ignore the facts I gave to them, including how I have seen them appear, how I have seen them disappear, and the duration of time I have watched them for, without going anywhere. Also along with multiple witness reports from surrounding areas. I guess natives to the outskirts of O'Hare don't know what planes look like, huh? And decide to report it all at the same time? Weird

They take their personal opinions and bias, and twist it and call it "debunked."

There is nothing whatsoever "debunked" about what I've seen.
If they believe they debunked a story, and it helps them sleep better at night, kudos to them. They can live in ignorance, while being hypocritical and calling ME ignorant, for as long as they'd like. They do ATS no justice.

I took down my videos because I believe I don't have to prove anything to anyone anymore. I know what I saw, others around here know what they saw, and that's all that matters to me. I just thought it was something cool to share.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

How about this...(it's what I do)...forcibly return the thread to the topic you, the original poster, intended. Every few pages, re-state what it is that you wish your topic to be centered upon. If it's not on-topic, ignore it. You aren't obligated to reply to what you don't think matters. You'll hear all the *trolls* clamor for your reply to the off-topic posts...then, you click the Alert! button on them and a moderator will usually throw some "Stay-on-topic" reminders.

In this case, you brought outside examples of what you saw into the topic, so, the focus went to that, the videos which, I think pulled this thread into the dirt. Distracted it, I guess.
The ability to ignore off-topic posts is a learned talent. You get better at it as time goes on, but, let's get it all BACK on topic.

Cool?
Cuhail

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Well that sucks, now they will say they exposed you and crawled off

Don't give up.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

My videos all over the internet already, and it's been reposted on youtube several times. I'm not worried

They can say they "exposed" me all they want. Like I said, whatever helps them sleep better at night

edit:

There ya go

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Here are just some of the places my videos can be seen:

here:
www.youtube.com...

and here:
www.youtube.com...

here:
www.youtube.com...

here:
www.youtube.com...

here:
www.youtube.com...

here:
www.youtube.com...

and here:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I just feel bad that you were accused of idiocy, fraud, and attention seeking when you clearly weren't. You went above and beyond and that went way too unappreciated. People seem to have forgotten if they ever knew it to begin with, that you can disagree with someone without insulting or belittling. Sorry

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Well i have to say that's a pretty impressive video! no way it's been doctored or anything, you just set up the camera and filmed it simple as.... thanks for sharing it.

October

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

I DO NOT believe that the lights in the above embedded video are airplane related. They are NOT what I see every night.

Thanks Apodictic for re posting them.

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

IF flares....you are laboring under one misconception:

... but is it common to see Military flares near an airport such as O'Hare?

....when you say "near". Just like airplane landing lights, the flares can be seen for very long distances. That video from Brazil, a few posts back....those were about 45 km away. In the Phoeinx case, they were about 120 km South and West of the city.

So, NO....not "near" O'Hare. THAT would have made the news, for sure!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yesterday I promised to look at the Charts for military airspace, and it got late. So, look at this:

flightaware.com...

(Zoom out, move it around just like Google Maps)...

Up the Lake to the North, a Restricted Area and an MOA (Military Operations Area). Restricted Areas usually are there for military purposes.

Just for the OP...does this look likely? Which direction was your camera pointing??

edit on 21 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'd like to know what it is either way

Now you need to hope they return for you to get up close n video and get others to corroborate your story with other footage
Live webcam feed, permanently on that area' would be good. People can then roughly observe the movement for themselves and the relative time they stay in the air.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

you need a 30 alt 6

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
you sir are very lucky wish I could see them ;/

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

I think you are right regarding these flares, and I'm glad this has sort of come to a conclusion of sorts, just short of tieing up a few lose ends.

However, i hope you take note of your attitude in this thread and the others that you posted in, where you were adament they were planes and the OP was attention seeking. I hope you are man enough to be forthcoming with an apology to the OP, and wise enough to have learnt that even you can be wrong on occasion!

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I agree. Thanks for being so kind

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I will admit I had no idea of those major areas around here. But my camera was pointed east. I'm too lazy to try to find my town on the map, but I know for sure it does not line up with any of the major yellow clusters. That's farther south than me. It may line up with one of the small clusters, but I can't tell for sure right now. That map is very busy lol

But, I have to say again, the lights I see don't display any characteristics of the military flare example you gave in the phoenix lights video

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join