It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I wish I had repeatable and reliable sightings of UFO's near my house all the time. I sure as heck wouldn't be wasting post after post on ATS, I would be gathering evidence in any manner I could. And if I did not have the resources or knowledge to gather the evidence necessary for something that I claim are UFO's, I would be in contact with every UFO investigator I could, because if any one of them could make a good case out of my sightings they would be all over it and I wouldn't have to worry about my ignorance getting picked apart on the internet and me made to look like a fool.

Yup, if there was was anything to this, that's what I would do. Has this approach been tried before, or does one worry that such attention would only deflate one's expectations that these are indeed not UFO's and one would would non longer feel "special" when it is clearly shown that they are just planes?

In the time of this thread, surely you have had the time and meager gas money to drive to many multiple locations around the area and record the same thing from many different angles? I realize it is far easier to record something mundane, then use nothing more than imagination (or desire to believe) and the argue it over the internet, but if you give a real rats ass about the truth then you should heed this post.
edit on 20-2-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

Flares can be dropped from planes and helicopters too but they don't last for 2 hours.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Yeah I realize that. But it still doesn't explain their movement

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Nope, it doesn't

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

See? Step by step, we methodically look at this, and cut to the chase....eliminate the obvious, and try to communicate, considering that it is difficult, in many ways to be precise in a Forum like this....

Which is exactly what has been going on since post Numero Uno.

But yeah, like I said. The reason why I ask the questions that I have, is because, they need to be answered. When they are answered, I think we will find our answer with out a shadow of a doubt... An answer that no one can deny, at least I hope.

I personally started out asking questions, thinking that it was just a radio tower or something, since it was near the airport... Trying to find out if the lights were stationary or moving... etc... As those questions have been answered, we have moved closer to the answer...

But yeah, there are still some questions that are unanswered... on both sides of the debate... What ever the debate is, exactly...

As long as we all continue to work together to get the questions answered, we will find the answer to what exactly these sightings are...

At this point, none of us know what it is... We do have some great ideas... But none of us know... So, we need to continue working together to get all the questions answered. Then and only then, will we be able to figure it all out...

We can sit here and debate all night... But I honestly think the best way to go, is to continue working on getting all the questions answered.

Anyway, I am off for the night, I think. Trying to get over strep throat, so I am calling it quits for the night, a bit earlier than usual. Will be back tomorrow though.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MainLineThis

It's already been shot from a different town. Maybe if you would read the thread before posting, you would realize that.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I did read the thread. And fully comprehend everything in it. But I appreciate your holier than thou attitude, lol. Look, this thread is nonsense in my opinion, and your defending it out of either pride, ignorance of blind faith. Whatever the reason, if your committed to this thing, follow what I told you in my previous post and you will be vindicated. Easy as pie for something that is so simply recorded and predictable, right?

But whatever....planes....ufos.....doesn't matter really. This is all about attention and self gratification concerning the majority of posters around here anyway for the most part.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Heck, if this is so clear to understand these are UFO's, contact ATS board management directly and have them spend some money on it. Just think of the internet traffic they could get which would lead to all sorts of mainstream coverage that would lead to more internet traffic after they document these amazing sightings. ATS uppers has done this thing before, and mostly they have hit a big fizzle, but you never know, you might be onto something huge here, lol.

Hey ATS managers, you reading this? Get your butts to Chicago and generate half a year's worth of internet traffic in less than a month!!!!! But then, I understand if you don't, because anyone can see there is nothing to this "sighting".

edit on 20-2-2011 by MainLineThis because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

If it's nonsense, why are you commenting on it? Why not just browse right on through it and brush it off? Or is it you like to start drama?
Click

It's getting plenty of coverage. Thanks though

Peace

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
If I may step in here...Over the past day or so, tensions in this thread have been growing. So have frustration levels. Even I have been getting frustrated. What is important for us all to understand is that we are all coming to this thread with a similar goal in mind. We are all trying to find out exactly what these objects are. We are trying to identify a UFO.

Now, in this thread when the term UFO is used, it is used in a general way. It is not used to say that we are looking at a video of flying saucers, piloted by Aliens. It is used to say, that it is an object and we do not know what it is. Sure, we have some really great ideas, but at this point, no one in this thread knows the answer for sure. Not yet...

This is why this thread is here in the first place. To figure out what it is we are all looking at. Be it a plane, flares or superman. We have gone through this thread, answering question after question and we have been able to rule out some things. There are still more questions and if we all work together, we should be able to answer those questions and find our answer.

Over the past day or so, we have all been getting divisive, which is a detriment to our shared goal. Id like to see everyone take a step away from the computer. Take a breather. Cool down and then come back so we can continue working together to find our answer.

I honestly think that would be the best thing we can do. Then we can come right back, continue working together and find the answer.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by fleetwood70
Are you having any strange dreams or see any strange objects?

i just started this account today ... this is my first post ...im 26 & i have seen ufos around my house for years.. not like space ships, but like the glowing balls. never in bunches just one at a time.. i dont know what they are they might be satellites, i dont know, most of the time they just look like a star but its moving. then a few times it was lower in the sky and was about the size of a basketall, glowing bluish green, and was moving pretty fast, and as it was moving through the sky it kind of arched/flew in a semi circle, and just kept gowing... i didnt hear any noise, and it went right over my house.. it was weird,

i dont know what it was... anyway im readin these posts and i see u say weird dreams or objects.... i get that sleep paralysis # and its scary, i seen on tv about that and people say they are being abducted?!? i dont know about that.. maybe.. whatever it is, the sleep paraylsis, i have it all the time.. all my life. i remeber having it when i was little.. its where u feel like you are awake and cant move and talk and feel like somones in the room.. its scary i dont know what it is.... but anyhow... you said objects... listen TRUE STORY.... i think about it every single day....since it happened....

I was 5 years old... i woke up out of a nightmare... and felt like someone was in my room, as i sat up in my bed.. right next to me in my bed... was a mask... i swear to god.. it was glowing blueish green... i was scared to death... as i was staring at it i layed back down, and it turned into like a dagger... still glowing like the mask... i sat back up and it turned back into a mask,,layed back down turned itno a dagger.... for like 15 minuets... haunts me everyday... ... i was scared to death.. and i didnt touch it... i cant explain it. the color it was glowing was weird, never seen anything like it.. until i seen the glowing ball fly over my house.... same exact color... i swear to god TRUE STORY... im not saying it was alien but who knows...i cant explain it but like i said i think about it everyday... i'll never forget... i guess thats why its called the unexplained....?

but i wanted to know why u asked that? is it connected? seeing ufos, havings dreams and seeing weird objects??????????

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

THANK YOU.

I joined the ATS UFO convo around Jan 28 with the Jerusalem sighting. I've been following the topic myself for ages, but that's just what compelled me to create an account. I've found some weird hostility attached to every single thread on here about UFOs. It's getting old.

I have been frustrated, though, since day 1 of discussing these things on ATS. There are a lot of members on here who seem DEDICATED to call every UFO video a hoax or "a plane" or some other perfectly reasonable sighting. Like to the point where anyone who is open minded about the UFO gets downright belittled and bullied. It's RIDICULOUS. Even if you think you're right about something, to be so obtuse toward those who disagree totally destroys the point of this web site.

I am of the belief there may actually be some disinfo agents on this site that try to sway ATS posters who are easily swayed into certain conclusions. This is just not collaborate research, guys!!!

It doesn't matter if we all agree all the time. Let's just all be open minded and try to consider all the possibilities, and contribute info or insight when we have it. There really should never be arguments on these boards, should there? It should just be about finding the truth, so once you've lost interest in a thread or think a case is closed, move on to a thread where you can contribute something.

The nasty back and forth makes ATS seem like a gov't operation, guys.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The sorcerer was there and the gremlins too, what if
the earth begin to speak you.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

quoete
But whatever....planes....ufos.....doesn't matter really. This is all about attention and self gratification concerning the majority of posters around here anyway for the most part.

talking bout urself again

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The weakness of people’s attention and power of the beasts knowing
about it it.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by realitydiscovered
The sorcerer was there and the gremlins too, what if
the earth begin to speak you.

OK, with all due respect, I have no idea what that is supposed to mean...

Are you talking about the video and pictures in this thread.... or??

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

For you (and OP) re: flares, watch this. I suppose more Internet searches will find more information on flares and various designs and types. (If you don't read Portuguese, jump to about 1:33):

forgetomori.com...

On October 7, 1993, the camera crew of Julio Trazzi Martins, after a day of shooting, was returning to the city of Sao Thome das letras, south of the Minas Gerais state, Brazil. After going through the city of Cruzilia, at around 7:30PM, they noticed some lights in the sky.

They stopped the vehicle and started to record everything. In his testimony, Trazzi confirmed that he heard the sound of distant and muffed explosions.

After several analyses, it was confirmed that the lights filmed were military flares, shot by cannons of the ESA — Sergeant’s Arms School — from the Brazilian Army, that was in the Traning Base of Gaviao Peak, 45 km away from the cameraman. At the time, it was thought the lights were UFOs.

On March 13, 1997, on Phoenix, Arizona, USA, several witnesses saw something strange in the sky which to this day remains unidentified. That same night, after this sighting, several lights appeared in the sky, which were witnessed by hundreds, perhaps thousands of people. Many of them recorded the event.

Physicist Bruce Maccabee analyzed three videos of the same event, taken from different points. By triangulation, Dr. Maccabee came to the conclusion that these lights were at a distance of approximately 120km, on a military training range, and concluded that the lights were military flares, launched by an airplane.

TV INFA was not in Phoenix examining the facts. We just included the Phoenix lights footage because they have a similar behavior to the Sao Thome das Letras military flares, though they do have a longer duration, which suggests another model was used, with greater light intensity and longer time of burning.

Compare this video to yours....take it as you will. ALSO, compare to the video from GenRadek, of confirmed airliners approaching O'Hare Airport......

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I beg we keep this on-topic. The non-sensical ramblings popping up and the snips and snipes at the ankles of posters is distracting. Let's re-focus.

I live north of Chicago and I see lights all the time. The window next to my computer desk faces due west and I see planes coming in from the west and banking south to hit O'Hare every day. Long-shining, bright lights seemingly hanging in the air for minutes at a time. If you don't pay attention, you'll miss the banking of one plane and the appearance of the plane behind it in the queue and you could think that the same bright, yellow-white light has been there for a bit.
Believe me. I sit out on my back porch all the time. I look for the 100% unexplainable lights. I see the bright lights off to the west and if I watch them for a few minutes, uninterupted, they all inevitably bank south and reveal the flashing green, white and red of nav lighting. I then, look again to the west anticipating finally catching the one that ISN'T an eastbout airliner, but, something else. My porch also looks south with even more clear sky to observe the bright lights coming north from O'Hare, so, repeat the above procedure to direct south as well.
I look.
I watch.
I just don't come up against ANYTHING I can't otherwise explain.
But, I keep going out (I have to, I have two dogs) and looking.

So, I really have a vested interest in this thread and I want, very dearly to see it continue unabated.
On-topic and cordial, thanks!

Cuhail

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

So, I really have a vested interest in this thread and I want, very dearly to see it continue unabated.
On-topic and cordial, thanks!

Cuhail

Very well said. Let's all calm down and try to stay on topic and remain civil. It is the only way we will come up with the answer... This thread is starting to spiral and we need to remain on track.

We are not all going to agree at the moment. That is just how it is. The fact is, none of us know for sure what it is. We have some really great ideas, but not one of us knows for sure. We are all here in this thread trying to figure out exactly what it is. We all want to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt what it is.... So let's use that common ground to work together, and do exactly that. Find out what it is we are seeing. Beyond a shadow of a doubt.

Remember, to be civil from here on out guys, regardless of differing opinions. If you feel yourself becoming frustrated, take a break and come back later. The thread will still be here when you get back. There is no reasons for tensions to be as high as they are.

Let's all get along, ask questions, answer questions, and move forward together as we find out for sure what it is we are looking at.

posted on Feb, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Could somebody explain to me (genuinely) what is going on here, i had a brief scan through this large thread and don't see anything happening. I also can't see the video anywhere I click, youtube says it has been removed by the user?

October

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join