It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

How can a plane be seen in one spot for 1.5 hours? Coming straight at you, it can look like it is standing still and floating for a few minutes until it gets closer or further away.... Not for 1.5 hours though...

Please... I am truly trying to understand here... Maybe you could help me out with the physics of how that would work?

And by the way, no one here is claiming that it is any kind of flying saucer... The OP is looking to find out exactly what he saw, be it a plane, a bird or superman... It's just that there is a hole in the plane theory... Staying in one point, how can one plane be visible for so long?

I am looking for an explanation... I mean... Is it possible? I really want to know. Can a plane be seen from a single vantage point for a period of 1.5 hours? If it's an airplane, It's an airplane (In fact I think the OP was the first to even suggest that as a possibility) but... I just don't understand how it is possible for a plane to be visible for 1.5 hours....Anybody at all?
edit on 20-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

This has been a misconception Im afraid.

The lights are not stationary for 2 hours or at all for that matter. They are moving. Look closely at the videos. I promise you they are all moving.

They fact that they appear to be stationary is an optical illusion based on the viewers perspective. Its a common mistake.

I live in NYC and see this all the time when the planes line up for approach into LGA.

Whom ever is claiming that these lights stayed in one place for 2 hours without moving is either lying or sorely mistaken.

Im pretty sure it's reasonable to assume that planes can fly into an airport using the same approach pattern for several hours depending on wind conditions...

O_o yep, they are moving ( within that area). I agree. The OP agrees..... No one is denying that... The objects move. Feel free to read the whole thread so you know where we all stand as of right now.

Now you have actually given me something to think about though, unlike the aviation expert... If a plane is coming in directly towards you, Let's say landing... It's an hour away... Would we be able to see it that whole time?

I ask because I admit, when I have seen a plane coming directly at me or heading directly away, it has only been visible for a few minutes... Weedwhacker seems unable to explain a scenario in which a plane could be seen for such a long amount of time though, and since he is an aviation expert... That makes me wonder, if you are wrong.... You know?

I mean, if the aviation expert doesn't know of a way in which it is possible for a plane to be visible for such a long time...

But I digress.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

Yep they're planes. So why are you still here?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

That time, yes.
Second time I ever saw it though, yeah I watched them until they flickered out

Peace

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Yep they're planes. So why are you still here?

Why are you?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Answering my question with another question. Good work at being evasive

Because it's my thread and my eyes have told me otherwise. I hold different beliefs. Why are you wasting your time in a thread with planes if you actually believe that to be true? Do you enjoy trolling? Is that it? Or should I expect an answer with another question?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So if you concede that they are moving then why are we harping on the idea that they are hovering??

No single light is being observed for 2 hours. It only appears that way because there's a constant steady stream of planes coming in from the same general direction. It's the same view of lights no matter how long you look at them.

From the perspectives of the few who videotaped these, the planes were flying towards them and descending very slowly. This would make it appear as if they were hovering as they made their descent. Think about this.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Still here? How many times have you moaned the same comment now? I should go back and count.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

What can I say? Read the thread and you will get it....Until then...

As I said. they are moving in that general area.... As the OP said... Slight movement is shown... When I say hovering, it is just easier than saying. staying in the same general area, but moving slightly at the same time for a long period of time.

Hovering in my mind is different than flying around... If that makes sense... hovering in my mind is like... Staying in the same basic area, with slight movement... That is how I mean it when I say that. Sorry for the confusion.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

WAIT!!!! What?:

....yeah I watched them until they flickered out .

Are you certain? Please be as precise as possible to the best recollection.

ONLY because, "flickered out" implies that, indeed, these.....IF not airliner landing lights, allowing that we may be speaking in confused terms regarding direction, and such.....IF they "flickered out"...then that succinctly describes airborne flares. IF the "orange" hue to the lights was ALSO visible to your naked eye, further indicates flares.

Think about flares, deployed by military aircraft, for training or other purposes. WHY do they remain "suspended"?? I will let you contemplate, first, on how a HOT AIR BALLOON is lifted.....do you get the idea, yet??

A military flare has a parachute attached, above it of course...and, it burns hotly, thus has rising hot air....exactly UNDER that chute....right? Thus, helps to keep it suspended and airborne longer than, say, a person who is parachuting. See?

OK...next.....the next thing is to check records of NOTAMs for those dates. ("Notices to Airmen"). I hadn't thought to check that, before now....was unaware whether any Military Operations Areas (MOAs) are in place over Lake Michigan. East of O'Hare. (Since I have flown in and out of ORD so many times...my guess is "no" on that...but, I can look it up. We don't really have to be "aware", when on IFR flight plans. ATC takes care of vectoring and/or informing of activity that affects our routes. For VFR pilots, they should brief themselves on all available info, for their intended route of flight, ahead of departure. Can also get updates while enroute).

I can (and others as well) look up NOTAMs, they should be logged and past ones accessible. They would alert to military activity, among other features and reasons for NOTAMs.

In fact, MANY past "UFO" reports have been explained this way. As I said....if this was out West, in the deserts, I'd have jumped on military activity right off....BUT, am unaware of what goes on in your area. I know that the "weekend warriors" (a term for National Guard pilots) have wings all over the country. Those who are in the "Reserves" have to deploy once a month....for a weekend, to train and drill. I know this from flying with colleagues who are in the Reserves....me being a civilian, through and through, I learn from them how their routines work....for that branch of military "service" they are involved in....

edit on 20 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Oh god, again with the trolling. You clearly have not a clue what that term means. Just because someone isn't buying what you're selling doesn't make them a troll. Quit being so sensitive, you're on a discussion board for petes sake....

I'm trying to explain to those who believe the crap you're spewing about these lights that there is a completely rational explanation for what they are seeing.

There's absolutely no need to jump to any other conclusions here.

If you don't like it when people disagree with your posts then don't post. Simple as that.

And please don't tell me where I can or can not post. Your sour attitude is not helping your case at all.

Don't get mad a me because your sensational encounter with ufos was just a bunch of planes.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

It doesn't change the basic fact that they were visible and hovering (not to be confused with stationery) in the same area for anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours (according to MUFON reports). Lanterns, flares and airplanes don't do this. Helicopters can but why?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Still here? How many times have you moaned the same comment now? I should go back and count.

Testy. I love it when I'm right....

Shouldn't you be in your room watching and video taping planes or something?

EDIT TO ADD:

I'll leave your thread so you and your friends can discuss how awesome these ufos are with out a troll like me trying to shed a little common sense and logic on the situation. Good luck out there.

edit on 20-2-2011 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

I'm not going back to reread this thread. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You can believe what you want.

I'm only trying to give you some truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Please, don't respond without thinking it through, first.

The so-called "Phoenix Lights" (deployed, IMO, to distract from the previous night's eyewitness, no photo reports) were undoubtedly flares. On display for AT LEAST 1 1/2 hours. That is the nature of such flares.

I am allowing that a combination of sightings COULD account for all this confusion, in the Chicago area (and areas to the East).

Let's take a break, and review the archived NOTAMs.

For locations to the East of Chicago, perhaps over the Lake, or further East, vicinity of some parts of Western Michigan that border Lake Michigan....

See? Step by step, we methodically look at this, and cut to the chase....eliminate the obvious, and try to communicate, considering that it is difficult, in many ways to be precise in a Forum like this....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yes, the second time I ever saw them, I sat and watched them until I could see them move. I was speculating that they were helicopters, so I wanted to watch and see them fly off before I jumped to any "UFO" conclusion. I'm not as irrational as many of you are implying. UFO was not the first thought that crossed my mind.

Military flares have already been discussed earlier in the thread. There's no military action going over in that direction, and flares do not last for hours, either, without burning out and new ones being sent up. Think of a star and how it flickers. These things get really bright, then dim out, then get really bright again. While I was watching for them to move, they got dimmer and dimmer, and then there was nothing there any more. After seeing these a couple more times, I found a pattern that they ONLY show up between 6-9 PM. So another night About 10 minutes to 6, I started watching to see if I could see them. There was nothing there. I looked back again a few minutes later, and gradually they started "fading in," just like they faded out. Then they got really bright. One object turned into two, I literally saw one come out of the bottom of the really bright one. There's always one that's much brighter than the rest, and it's usually the one that's at the top. I know none of you are going to believe what I'm saying until I capture this on tape for you guys to see, but I aint bull#ting any of you. I like this place, and the whole reason I even posted the video was to find out what they were because of the weirdness I saw. After seeing them fade in like that, and one object turn into two, that's when I started thinking UFOs, and then tried to get it on camera the next time I saw it.

Another member at the beginning of the thread mentioned flares, so I asked my dad because my dad has seen these objects as well, he's ex navy. He said these don't resemble any flares he's ever seen, and they last way too long.

I mean, if you guys want to think they're planes, or flares, that's your opinion. You're welcome to move on to other threads that have more meaning to yourselves. I'm not asking for you to stick around here. But when I'm asked what I've seen, I will explain it honestly, and I won't back down from what I have witnessed.
edit on 20-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

I appreciate that... That is exactly what I am looking for.

Trying to give everyone some truth by getting all questions from both sides of the debate, answered.

Still have a few unanswered questions that I am trying to figure out. At this point I don't know what it is... That is why I keep asking questions... Just trying to understand all viewpoints... You know? I may not be doing a great job, but I am trying...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm not going back to reread this thread. Thanks for the suggestion though.

You can believe what you want.

Thank god. And once again, your truth doesn't correspond with what I have seen and stated multiple times. Peace!

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Your Dad, with all due respect, may not be up to date on modern flares. (He may think of the sort that are shot from the surface...as emergency signal flares, and such...).

Think, again, about the function of the hot flare, as it burns, with a parachute above it.....is ingenious, in its simplicity!

Hot air balloon. Same principle. Think about it. Can a hot air balloon stay up for a long time?? As long as there's heat??

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Don't assume I don't think before I speak. I thought about and dismissed planes, flares, lanterns and stars before I ever posted in any of the threads, I watched both videos (3rd wasn't recorded yet) read the comments and followed the links, then read evey post in both threads (there were only 2 at the time). I also took into consideration that someone who lived anywhere close to O'Hare would be well familiar with how planes look on landing approach and had this sight been normal he either would have been talking about it having happened for years (however long he's lived there) or never posted about it at all. He was there, he made the videos, he provided the links and maps and daytime recordings. If he says they were there for 2 hours then they were there for 2 hours. Flares do not do this. Also being a pilot wouldn't you be able to tell the difference between flares and airplanes? The only conventional explanation left is helicopters, do you think it was helicopters?

I'm also well aware that the later sighting during the famous Phoenix event were flares.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Okay, but then here's this.

Flares, when shot up, will reach a maximum height, before coming down, correct? How can they be flares if they are in one spot, stay there, then gradually get higher. Or move around each other? Get what I'm saying?
edit on 20-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join