It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

What I saw and video'd. Without being sure they are the same craft, each time, in around the same area. The area I video'd near the school, is the same one I drove by and had to pull of the road. There is no tower there, that is the size of a plane. It was very low, and it was a craft size, and it was moving very slowly. When I pulled into a parking spot, it began to fly off slowly. It was soundless.

Towers are not shaped like crafts, do not fly around, and fly off anywhere, and there is No Tower there.

This is what I mean by a video versus the sighting. The video on a typical camera is not the same thing you are seeing. It only adds supportive testimony to something being there. If I had been wearing my boots, I could have caught what the second time this thing showed up did, and that was fly off slowly west and disappear.

That is why I have shared it. I wasn't going to. I was very happy to catch something for the first time, but visions of a infared camcorder are dancing in my head.
But I had it as a private listing to share only with a couple friends, to ask them about this. Because the crafts we saw starting in april 08, went over our roof low, would disappear at the roof over arc up higher to go over town. One was only 50 feet, roughly tree height over the townhouse roof, 3 roofs down from us roughly, after I had receieived a greeting so loud i thought someone was coming around the bushes.

What these are? I don't know. I did have a feeling of connection, so I felt that either they were a ufo, or one was nearby.

But heres the thing, its a soundless craft, not an orb, not a light, not a tower. I could see it clearly while downtown driving, and quite well as for size and movement, when I was watching it on the other occasion from my back yard, and then along my property to the side. It has only a red light. It looked as if it had sort of arced wings, close to its body, not the normal straight angeled longer wings of a plane, that I was driving. No wings just a red colored light as it flew by.

We've had clear nights recently, so they're cold too. I had to run in and get my feet into something fast.

The reason I grabbed my camera is this "tower" just appeared out of nowhere, and was there again. Its not usually there.

The reason I changed my mind and posted this video was after seeing this faint turquoisey blue light get bigger like a star growing in size flying from a westerly direction, and then it was roughly where the other craft was, it turned around to the north of the school, and flew over our property roughly in a southeastern direction. It didn't have just a red light, it had 3 when it was closer. I had thought the noise was just traffic but realized it was making a good noise that grew louder, and it had a recognizable wingspan.

So the video I caught was of something that is a ufo, in thats unidentified. It isnt a plane, not conventional one thats for sure. It could be one of the black op surveillance things I suppose, but those are usually co-op which might explain the subtle feeling of connection.

I will be out with camera more frequently.

But camera's and even camcorders dont really capture objects well.

No tower, no bird, no balloon, no conventional plane, (ie. soundless and only a red light, not flying fast enough to stay in the air with hovering capacity, and not the big wide wingspan of the planes that noisily fly over with 3 lights apparent as they draw near) and apparently if they're the same craft, can change its shape. why would 3 anomalous, different red lit crafts be in the same area 3 times in a week though. Twice they didnt come near me, 2 days ago, it came back flew along my property??? I do hope they're not black ops. Maybe they picked out the lady out back along the school fence with the camera somehow?

Videos are mostly in my opinion useless.

In your case, why would these lights remain where they are, for that length of time if they were planes? For example? That one that was the blue light that turned into a plane, and turned around, only took a minute to from the time it started growing into a brighter star to do so.

Edit to add: There is even a chance that what flew by the south side of the property and disappeared behind the tall trees at the road, was not the same as the one that flies around near the school. That thought just occurred. I wish I could have got it framed in my viewfinder because my camera takes still nightshots. I need to practice doing so, my kids are probably better at taking pics than me.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I would love for weedwhacker to explain how it is that these things are visible for HOURS on end... I have seen the effect that is spoken about, in which a plane heading directly towards me or away from me, appears to not be moving at all and just a floating light.... But as the plane gets closer or moves away, it becomes obvious that it is a plane... And it only lasts for a matter of minutes, that I have ever heard of.... So.... if it were a plane... why is it visible in that same small area for hours on end?

I would love for some one to explain that... Because I truly want to understand exactly what it is we are seeing..

The only reply anyone wants for that is a 2 hour video. Something of which I can't provide. Otherwise they think I'm just bull#ting. I provided a 9 minute video, and thought that'd be enough...guess not

My thinking about that, involves common sense... As far as I can tell, you have been honest about everything. I have been wrong before, I will admit, but I don't think I am as far as saying you have been honest from the start of this thread.

I have not seen a single reason to doubt your claims. I have approached this thread with a skeptical approach from the start and as I went along.... Well, I just am not able to identify what it is... I don't know what it is... I thought I knew but I don't.

You have even stated that it COULD be planes.... But like me, you don't understand how it could be visible for hours on end... So it's not like you are not open to ideas...In fact, that is why you made the thread ( Based on things you have said)...You want to know what it is... Simple as that...

The plane idea makes sense UNTIL you consider the fact that these things are visible for hours on end... Not even the so called "experts" can explain that and still claim that they are planes...Or if they can, they have declined to do so.

It also neglects the fact that there have been numerous sightings right in that area, that just suddenly came up in the past month or so... If they were planes, I think people would have noticed them long ago....That is what common sense dictates to me.

I am sitting here asking ANYONE, to please, explain something that I do not understand. As are you... My question for anyone who knows, is, how can it be a plane, when it is visible for hours on end?

For those who ask why I believe the OP, well, he has been honest so far. Done everything he can to help figure out what it is.... Even giving away the area in which he lives, despite not originally wanting to. There have been numerous similar sightings right in his area, from other people... So either, all of these complete strangers are lying, or they have all seen the same thing and reported it.... I believe the latter.

Simple as that...For me anyway... Just... for what that is worth.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Star for you...this is all most of us want. Sometimes the most logical answer isn't the true answer. Most of us know what lanterns and planes do, but it's stated these lasted too long to be either. So we can lose this evidence along with who knows how much other evidence because when confronted with something unexplained we either have to be ok with it being unexplained or stop being lazy and figure out a way to explain it or be lazy and concur that someone is either lying/hoaxing or is completely retarded/crazy.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

See....that's just it:

...explain how it is that these things are visible for HOURS on end..

As far as I recall, only one person has made that particular claim. This OP.

Do you not see a problem with that? IF, instead, there were a full, uninterrupted even only 30 minutes, would be long enough to ascertain whether or not the lights were "hanging motionless" or not. IF you could verify as little as 30 minutes, without having them all resolve into obvious airplanes, as they neared the camera, THEN it would indeed be a head-scratcher, and worth more investigation.

Instead, both this one (not the OP's fault, he is merely working with the equipment he possesses) and the other one, with a thread about it, videoed from Bloomingdale. Longer, but with cuts, and way too much panning and zooming. AND, that one DOES show that the lights move, not only relative to each other, but relative to fixed reference points on the ground, in the camera's field of view (when you can compare views, in between the jerking around and zooming).

All of the lights, in the Bloomington video, move in the same general direction...slowly, of course, because they are so far away. The are converging towards the left and bottom of the screen, in each case. Maybe we will need someone with the software (and time) to make gifs, comparing screen grabs. I don't have the programs for that, and don't really know how to use video editing software (yet...maybe I put it on my list of things to learn)....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That's not just it, if you read the comments on all the videos and read the MUFON reports, you will see that others have said they lasted for about 2 hours.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

It must not have been significant because there haven't been reports that you know of ? That sort of thinking gets you NOWHERE, sorry, it' just lazy.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

See weed, all I'm saying is....people who are recording these videos and filing reports (coincidentally on the same nights) are natives of this area. These things would have been visible for as long as O'Hare has been around. The whole reason I even recorded the video was because it was something I haven't seen before and something I couldn't explain after watching it with my own eyes. I, or many other people, wouldn't have posted reports/recorded videos if it wasn't something out of the ordinary. That's all I got.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

See....that's just it:

Is it really? I mean, have you read all of the countless sighting reports that have been linked in this thread as well as the other thread that has a similar sighting in the same general area?

If I recall correctly ( And I will admit I could be mistaken... Please feel free to double check me) there were some that said the sightings lasted just minutes and others that said their sighting lasted for a couple hours...

So if I am not mistaken, that is not it...

Then add to that the fact, that all of these sightings reports come from within the last month or so... Surely, if these were just planes, coming in and out of O'hare, people would have noticed them long before one month ago.... That is what common sense dictates to me.... That this is something new...Not just planes that have been going in and out of that airport for as long as it has been open... What do you think?

Just trying to understand and figure it all out here.

edit on 20-2-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

OK....let's re-cap. And remember how the world works nowadays, in this "Age of the Internet"....the cart gets put before the horse, so to speak....due to the speed and viral nature of information....info whether true or not that can be disseminated instantly. Maybe instead of that cart/horse analogy, "poisoning the well" is more apt?

(Does anyone else remember the 1960s and 70s, when the term "Urban Legend" was coined?)

The term “urban legend,” as used by folklorists, has appeared in print since at least 1968.

Because, I'm of an age, and that era. Like, one of the first I remember was the old "Poodle in the Microwave" story (since microwave ovens were just being introduced, at that time...and were novelties. My Dad was always the type to be "first on the block" when it came to new gadgets....). The story was about a lady who supposedly, after giving her poodle a bath, decided to dry him off.... .IN the microwave!!...with hilarious results!! (Evil, to laugh at others' misfortunes perhaps, but such is the double-edged sword of comic relief...).

Never learned if it was true, or not....perhaps was made up, and took off.

NOW --- crank forward to today, and the Internet. Revs up the way these things can be spread to about light speed...well, literally, actually it IS almost light speed!! (electrons, you know...). Add in the fact, and wild popularity of YouTube (which, BTW, is only about TEN years old!) and, well....

....See where I'm going with this? It only takes ONE YT video to set off a backwards legend about it....as you can see in the way rumors spread and spread and spread. I'm sure, by now, must be thousands of articles, even University-level theses on this phenomenon? That's why it's wise, and proper, to slow down, and consider carefully each and every claim.

Because, as exciting as the topic is, it does no one any good to go off half-cocked. As in, "Ready, Shoot!, Aim...."

This is all I'm saying.....and to add, there are a LOT of real, very good puzzlers and events from history that keep this subject interesting, and intriguing. Funny, as a teen I was REALLY into UFOs, the "Project Bluebook" era was active as I grew up. Didn't tell many about it, for fear of ridicule. Imagine my surprise when, going through my Dad's things after he died, the book "The Day After Roswell" by Col. Phillip Corso was on his nightstand!! HE never mentioned an interest to me...(maybe it's genetic??). Anyway, I was taken with that book.....at first....and have since tempered my excitement, mostly from reading and learning from the many members here at ATS, who have differing opinions on it. I can appreciate both sides of THAT story, and remain on the fence. As I learn more......

However, when it comes to an area of expertise that I AM quite knowledgeable about (aviation, this time) I have a perspective that is difficult to sway....again, based on a level of life experience......

edit on 20 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I requested these threads be deleted

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

OK....let's re-cap. And remember how the world works nowadays, in this "Age of the Internet"....the cart gets put before the horse, so to speak....due to the speed and viral nature of information....info whether true or not that can be disseminated instantly. Maybe instead of that cart/horse analogy, "poisoning the well" is more apt?

(Does anyone else remember the 1960s and 70s, when the term "Urban Legend" was coined?)

The term “urban legend,” as used by folklorists, has appeared in print since at least 1968.

Because, I'm of an age, and that era. Like, one of the first I remember was the old "Poodle in the Microwave" story (since microwave ovens were just being introduced, at that time...and were novelties. My Dad was always the type to be "first on the block" when it came to new gadgets....). The story was about a lady who supposedly, after giving her poodle a bath, decided to dry him off.... .IN the microwave!!...with hilarious results!! (Evil, to laugh at others' misfortunes perhaps, but such is the double-edged sword of comic relief...).

Never learned if it was true, or not....perhaps was made up, and took off.

NOW --- crank forward to today, and the Internet. Revs up the way these things can be spread to about light speed...well, literally, actually it IS almost light speed!! (electrons, you know...). Add in the fact, and wild popularity of YouTube (which, BTW, is only about TEN years old!) and, well....

....See where I'm going with this? It only takes ONE YT video to set off a backwards legend about it....as you can see in the way rumors spread and spread and spread. I'm sure, by now, must be thousands of articles, even University-level theses on this phenomenon? That's why it's wise, and proper, to slow down, and consider carefully each and every claim.

Because, as exciting as the topic is, it does no one any good to go off half-cocked. As in, "Ready, Shoot!, Aim...."

This is all I'm saying.....and to add, there are a LOT of real, very good puzzlers and events from history that keep this subject interesting, and intriguing. Funny, as a teen I was REALLY into UFOs, the "Project Bluebook" era was active as I grew up. Didn't tell many about it, for fear of ridicule. Imagine my surprise when, going through my Dad's things after he died, the book "The Day After Roswell" by Col. Phillip Corso was on his nightstand!! HE never mentioned an interest to me...(maybe it's genetic??). Anyway, I was taken with that book.....at first....and have since tempered my excitement, mostly from reading and learning from the many members here at ATS, who have differing opinions on it. I can appreciate both sides of THAT story, and remain on the fence. As I learn more......

However, when it comes to an area of expertise that I AM quite knowledgeable about (aviation, this time) I have a perspective that is difficult to sway....again, based on a level of life experience......

edit on 20 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

Can you really appreciate both 'sides'? Because you seem to be flat out ignoring the evidence against it being a plane... Yes, we all know you knowledgeable about planes. How ever, surely, you are not naive enough to think you know everything. Because you don't. Okay? No one does.

Your answer that is "plane" has not met the scientific method at all... Why? Well, why have you been unable to explain a scenario in which a plane is able to be seen from one vantage point for multiple hours? Why have you not been able to answer why these sightings have only just started about one month ago and several of them have also reported seeing these objects for 2+ hours...

That is a fact. Your wealth of knowledge about planes have been unable to answer those two questions that I have been trying to find an answer for. Can you admit that? I have admitted that I was wrong about thinking they were radio towers... Can you admit that you don't know the answer to those questions so we can move on?

look, No one here is saying that these objects are flying saucers piloted by aliens. In fact, at this point, the planes theory is the best one... HOWEVER, no one has been able to answer those two key questions that are stopping us from putting an end to this thread once and for all?

Why have all these people who have seen these objects, reported that they were visible for 2 plus hours? How is that possible if they are just planes? You talk about one video setting off a legend... For christ sake... Think for a second...How often does the average person go to MUFON or NUFORC and check out the latest sightings in their area? Probably not all that often... It just so happens that in the past month, several people are now seeing these objects... If these were juts planes, do you really think people in the area would only have just noticed them one month ago??? Really? Hmmm... Doesn't sound right to me...

You want a video showing it for 2 hours... Keep looking, maybe some of these numerous sightings (that are still coming in) will include one.... But for now, you will just have to settle with the numerous complete strangers who have filed reports of these objects and saying they were there for 2 plus hours.... Or are you suggesting there is some kind of conspiracy that these strangers are actually all in on?

So, please... You're the self declared aviation expert.....So you are the one in this thread best suited to answer those questions that I have asked time and again... Can you answer them? yes or no? If yes, then answer them... If not... Then we need to move on and start looking at other MORE logical explanations, because, as I am sure you know, seeing a plane in one spot, floating there, for 2 plus hours... Just is not all that logical....

So please... Can you, with your self declared expertise in the field of aviation, answer my questions? If not, then we need to move on to the next idea until some one comes along who CAN answer them.

Bottom line, Answer the questions so we can move forward, or don't, so we can move forward... Either way... We need to move forward if we are to determine with out a shadow of a doubt, what these craft are.... And until you can answer those questions... NO, we don't know... None of us....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Coincidentally, in one of the other threads on this topic, I answered what you posted here. So, I will just lnk to that, in response. Take it as you will:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Finally an answer from you.... Though it is more of a.... Psychological answer, then one that depends on your wealth of aviation knowledge...

So, you think that it is a case, of losing track of time... All the people who saw it. Lost track of time. OK, that is what you think... In other words, there is no way that a single plane can be visible from a single vantage point for 2 plus hours...

Now let me ask you this? Have you talked to each person who saw these things? Have they told you if they were watching the clock or not? Have they told you if they lost track of time or if they maybe have a time stamped video?

If not, well, then your answer is pure speculation... Speculation that has only left me to assume that it is not possible for an airplane to be seen from one spot for 2 plus hours.... Is this a correct assumption?

In other words, all we can do is speculate at this point. You think a plane, and then people walking away for a time, only to come back to the sighting of a different plane passing by and doing this for 2 plus hours....

OK, a bit of a stretch of the imagination, that every one of them did this, but certainly possible

I... Well...I just don't know... I admit, the plane theory still sounds like a bit of a stretch to me...But hey, at least you tried to answer....

now... We can move on... You think plane and losing track of time is the culprit. Duly noted. Your thoughts and opinions have been appreciated.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Wait a minute, what people have reported seeing the lights in the OP for 2 hours?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Feel free to read through the thread yourself...That way you will understand that I have already said I am not 100% sure as it has been about 5 days since I looked them over....and I am dealing with strep throat.As I told Weedwhacker... Feel free to double check me... I have been wrong before...

But in this thread there are numerous links to MUFON, NUFORC and other sources that have all kinds of similar reports in the area over the past month...

Again, as I said previously in the thread.... I may be recalling incorrectly about the amount of time in which some reports claimed.

So, strictly for clarification to you... I am recalling that the MUFON and NUFORC reports have some sightings that also claim 2 plus hours... I may be recalling incorrectly... Feel free to double check me... In fact I encourage it... It's never wise to just take some ones word for it... I've been wrong before, and I will be wrong again...

I am pretty sure, I am correct, but would not bet my life on it. And for the record. I NEVER said that people reported seeing the exact same lights as the OP... just that there have been similar sightings in the area over the past month... Etc, etc....

Hope that helps.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Thank you for zeroing in , crip:

Orignally posted by cripmeister
Wait a minute, what people have reported seeing the lights in the OP for 2 hours.

Anybody please, correct me if I'm mistaken...but, from what I remember reading (here on ATS only!) the "2 hour" comment came solely from the OP of this thread.

OP, I am not picking on you! It is how I remember it. Feel free to point out any other instances to prove me wrong.....

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
OK, well, I went through the thread for those who have not done so in order to gather a few of the links that have sightings that lasted between 15 minutes to 1.5 hours..Again these are sightings, similar to what the OP saw...

www.nuforc.org... ( 15 minutes)

www.abovetopsecret.com... (30 minutes... Saw this one myself on MUFON)

www.nuforc.org... ( 15-20 minutes)

www.nuforc.org... (1.5 hours)

So... Weedwhacker... You said to please correct you if you are mistaken... Well... Here they are... some of the similar sightings in the same area lasting much longer than just a couple of minutes....Found these in a matter of 5 minutes... Feel free to go through this thread as well as MUFON and NUFORC and find more. As I said... They are there.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

How can anyone make declarations about what something is or isn't without looking at everything? So many times and so many people have directed specifically your attention to the comments posted on ALL 3 videos and the MUFON reports stating that these lights lasted over 2 hours, how can you debate something so emphatically if you won't read all the posts and look at all the links?!

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join