It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
no one can say these are planes no airport i know of has so many approaches all at once and so close together ,for me the plane theory is out the window

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by shambles84

Yeah dude just ignore the disinfo agents who come in here telling otherwise. Those aren't planes.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hey apo,

Don't know if you have said... was the sky clear those times you have had these sightings? or cloudy?

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

clear as can be

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

If they pop up again, could you possibly head as close to as possible and get what you can, if they are planes, the closer you are, the easier it will be to dispel.

I'm not honestly convinced their anything out of the ordinary, but the problem i'm getting with the planes debunk, is this....

Would the lights not fade in from a distance, rather than just coming on? (Unless they are landing lights that come on at a fixed distance, then that would explain that)

The formation, or apparent formation could due to the angle of viewing, meaning that if it was planes, they would not look like they are moving for long periods of time when headed directly at you, planes banking off to one direction can be sharp and fast or slow, depending on altitude and many other factors, if taxiing, this could well be your explanation.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Here's a video of planes approaching the right runway at O'Hare

tinypic.com...

Also please note how quickly they're out of sight over the houses....

Now please, leave the O'Hare nonsense out of this. These objects were over lake michigan.

edit: deal with the screen.

edit on 19-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

I was in bloomingdale last night and they were all strung out just like the guy who recorded the video from bloomingdale shows. Its very weird but they're definitely not planes. I didn't have my camera cause I was with my girlfriend

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Cheers for the video.

As said, the only way to find out will be to wait till they come up again, get some mates and roadtrip it. if you can get walkie talkies and other camera's, one can film from the same location as you were filming, the others can go to check it out and get closer footage. This is probably the only way I can think of. Other than if you know anyone who has a telescope, this could be set to track on the lights, you can reduce the aperture of the lens if it's a reflector to reduce the light coming in to help dim the object if it's too bright and causes diffraction spikes.

As said, cheers.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My issue is this, if it were UFO's and they have been visible there for many nights now ... then it must be nothing out of the ordinary as there has been no significant reports and i'd definitely be expecting thousands more video's on youtube and lots of shouts on twitter, as we all know how news travels!!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

Hey no problem. you will never, ever see planes go over the house I recorded those objects over, as that does not line up with any run way. Every plane either travels the path of the one I recorded in that video, or they travel a path farther off to the left.

But yeah good idea. They're just really far away. Hopefully they'll show up when the weather gets warmer, then it'd be easier to take a trip out to the lake or something. It's a clear night tonight but they aren't there

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Unless I was there mate, as well you know, I cannot say what these are or are not, I can only state what the possibilities are and even though you say they are not planes, I honestly couldn't discount it until I either know for sure via alternative footage with better resolution and more wide spread hysteria (which i'm sure would happen if it really was anything unearthly) and plenty of news on twitter and other news sources.

If you can get something sorted to get up close then that would be worth the effort, to either prove you are right, or prove that sometimes, we just get it wrong and ain't always got the answer

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I watched that video. Why is it you cannot understand that the runways can be used in both directions, for takeoffs and landings? Depends on wind direction.

From the place where you live, if they are landing to the East (Runway 9Left, 9R or 10) then that is what you see, as in that video. At night, you would aim your camera to the West to see the landing lights out in the distance.

The other situation is what was happening last night....as I listened, and as that Flight Aware screen capture shows. Arrivals to the West. Lining up and approaching from the East. Wasn't that the direction you were pointing the camera, last night? You keep saying you were looking towards Michigan....Michigan is East of you. Lining up to land on Runway 27L, 27R or 28, that is where they will congregate. Lots of arrivals that come from departure points farther East...slightly Northeast, slightly Southeast, etc....

www.skyvector.com...

Aeronautical charts. Use Flight Aware too....for the Instrument Arrivals procedures (STARS). You will see the routings that are routine, from different directions, to feed traffic, and funnel and flow them to the final arrival course.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes weed they're planes

good bye!

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I think I may add the videos I caught last night, but they're done with my very poor quality kodak easyshare Z1012 IS and no tripod, also, I'm not a photographer, this isn't one of my skills and usually freeze up trying to figure out how they work. I have not been out stargazing for the past year, as meditation and other things are more the pearls in my life now, metaphysics, but still have had experiences. So, this is from our new address, for the past week or just a little more, I've seen what is similar to what we saw often, only it didnt fly right over our roof at a low altitude so I don't know.

But now, after seeing the plane in the same spot where that craft flew around for maybe 5 minutes last night, then disappeared when I went to get my feet in warm boots and my son, then flew along the south east of the property a while later. And then the plane tonight. Note this is out back, near the school behind our place, across the field.

This craft I've seen 3 times. The first was while driving, and I knew there was a ufo, don't ask me how, but excitement and I looked up. It looked almost like a plane, not the saucer under the red light like before, but it was only a red light, it was very low above, and it was soundless, AND IT WAS BARELY MOVING. I nearly ran into someone looking. I pulled over and then it slowly moved off.

Then I went home and didn't see it.

Another day I saw it.

Then last night with my very poor quality camera, that doesnt have night vision in video mode I caught it, and I am not camera friendly. This time no wing span just this red light. Its only a red orb above the school region, nearby, on the video, I did think to finally zoom in and out a few times. I should have said something so no sound would be evident, but I didn't think to. All you can hear is the camera zoom and the wind.

What I saw was a red lighted craft, soundlessly moving very slowly in the same area, but it was moving around. I had ran out with bare feet and was nearly frost bitten so I ran into get my slip on boots on. The other night it had flown off slowly. This night with the camera I had not stayed out the full time so missed its exit.

I then tried out the night vision, mode still shot. And was seeing if it worked in the back yard. It came back and flew along the property, low plane height. Soundless. And I tried to get it into the view, on my camera, but couldn't so I was walking quickly around the trees it had disappeared from view behind, and was switching the camera to video mode again. But it was no where in sight, it had vanished.

Tonight. In the same spot, roughly, (my plane comparison) I noticed a faint blue star. It got bigger. I thought what is that. Then it moved to the side and turned around. I was using my logic and realizing it must be a plane that had flown straight in that one direction to get bigger, then turned. You could hear it. It flew at an angle crossways near our property. It had wings!

Now, the one I saw as it was closer over the trees didnt have wingspan. Same one as before? Or a different one, though the behavior and sound was identical? One that could change? One of ours, one of theirs? I can't say for sure, only what I feel and that there was a connection, so I felt if it was a black op type craft that was soundless, there was a real one nearby. Also this looks like a red orb, but in reality I'm looking at something behind the school, 3 times in the same area, the size of a small plane, flying around slowly.

The longer one.

The light you see is at the beginning is from the school, its lit up.

edit to add: I deleted the first short one, it really didn't turn out well at all.
edit on 19-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

To be fair WW, Apo has posted a video of incoming flights on one of the other threads ( I wish there was just the one, perhaps you can repost it here too Apo?), and it doesn't look like the other videos he posted.

Now, I am undecided on this issue so far, what I want to understand WW, is if there is any reason why they would look different (the incoming planes on the latest vid, and the lights from the originals).

Points I would like to make are:

1.The altitude looks all wrong on the originals compared to the other vid?
2. The lights in the original look more solid and stationary than the lights on the last vid?
3. Surely at an international airport, you'd be able to see similar lights as those shown in the original vids almost every night, why is this not the case in the latest video?

Are there any logical reasons as to why this might/might not be? I am a complete layman when it comes to flights arriving at a destination, so any further input would be most welcome.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AmatuerSkyWatcher

In all honesty it's not really worth it for me to talk with him any more. His superiority complex and expectation bias make him blind to anything else in the sky, and causes him to label it as "plane. case closed." Every time he sees "UFO" in a thread, I can guarantee he's already thinking "PLANE!!!" before he clicks it. Then when he views it for a couple seconds, it's "YEP THATS A PLANE ALRIGHT."

Take a look at his post history and you'll understand what I mean.
edit on 19-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I have been away for a few days but am back. I think I have caught Strep throat from my Niece though... So I may only be back for a little while. Hopefully, I am wrong though.

But I digress. Some interesting developments since I was last able to check this thread out. I mean, we have the Nuclear power plants in the direction of these objects...

More sightings...

Have you seen this thread I just found here on ATS called Numerous UFO's near O'hare Airport ?

I mean... If these were just planes as one as suggested... Well... Something just tells me that all these countless people would not just start reporting these things out of the blue for nothing... Surely... If they were just planes... People would have been seeing these things for... Well... as long as O'hare as been around...

I truly don't think it is a plane.... I mean... I would love for weedwhacker to explain how it is that these things are visible for HOURS on end... I have seen the effect that is spoken about, in which a plane heading directly towards me or away from me, appears to not be moving at all and just a floating light.... But as the plane gets closer or moves away, it becomes obvious that it is a plane... And it only lasts for a matter of minutes, that I have ever heard of.... So.... if it were a plane... why is it visible in that same small area for hours on end?

I would love for some one to explain that... Because I truly want to understand exactly what it is we are seeing...

No, I don't think it is a plane... Or is there some way that one plane, can be visible from a single vantage point ( This mans window) for hours on end...?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
I would love for weedwhacker to explain how it is that these things are visible for HOURS on end... I have seen the effect that is spoken about, in which a plane heading directly towards me or away from me, appears to not be moving at all and just a floating light.... But as the plane gets closer or moves away, it becomes obvious that it is a plane... And it only lasts for a matter of minutes, that I have ever heard of.... So.... if it were a plane... why is it visible in that same small area for hours on end?

I would love for some one to explain that... Because I truly want to understand exactly what it is we are seeing..

The only reply anyone wants for that is a 2 hour video. Something of which I can't provide. Otherwise they think I'm just bull#ting. I provided a 9 minute video, and thought that'd be enough...guess not

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
If it was a plane, why dont the lights do what the blue lights did in my siting of a plane tonight in the same area i had an anomlous one. Which is start out very gradual and then grow brighter?

How long would they hang around there in that one area/spot? The turquoise blue lights, starting faint and then growing brighter, and the plane turned around and flew over my property all in the space of just over a minute, roughly.

In contrast, to show that videos don't turn up what is really there, and can really be misleading. That orb in my video, was a plane sized red covered craft, that was soundless, and its near the school, not that far away. The video is not a good indicator compared to the testimony, it only gives some added back up.

edit on 20-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Cool, but are you positive that it's not a radio tower/water tower or something? I only ask because I have a radio tower near by that does the same thing

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join