It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs always near my house.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Those are military flares. You're probably near an air force base.
I've video taped them too in a much better quality video with great optical zoom that even shows the smoke around the flares that's hard to see with the naked eye when viewing at night.
There's one very interesting thing about my footage. I've actually caught on film for a few seconds a UFO doing loops in the sky at thousands of miles per hour. That was the #1 thing to this day that still motivates me to keep this footage and show people if possible.
I tried uploading it on Youtube, but it's about 20 minutes long so Youtube doesn't let me upload or edit videos that long.
I'm open to any good advice as to how I can go about getting it online so I can share my video.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

No air forces bases out there.

Carmi Air Force Station, Carmi, Illinois (Now site of Casey Municipal Airport)
Chanute Air Force Base, Rantoul, Illinois (Closed)
Hanna City Air Force Station, Hanna City, Illinois (Now site of a state prison and FAA Long Range Radar)
Scott Air Force Base, Belleville, Illinois

Besides, here is a video of military flares

That is not consistent with what I see. These things stay in the same place for hours.

It was just confirmed to me via e-mail from someone who spotted these also, that these were over the East side of the lake. This was not from O'Hare airport after all.

Hey brother,
Thanks for getting back to me. My sighting was also on the 13th, same night as yours. What I saw was over the eastern side of lake Michigan. I live really close to the shore in a high rise. I had been following these sightings for the past couple of weeks, ever since the Jerusalem sighting. What piqued my interest about that one was the bird deaths on New Years Eve, which I felt to be some sort of red flag. Other wise, I have never paid attention to UFO's before. I always assumed the size of the universe and distance to other stars would make any kind of real visitation to be unlikely, if not impossible. So, having been following these sightings, I was struck by their consistency and similiarilty across different locations. I felt that either this was a well played viral campaign or a hoax. I also felt that it would be impossible to be certain unless I saw something for myself.
So, Sunday night, I got back to my apartment and was shocked when I looked out and saw all the lights in the Sky over the lake. I immediately recognized the similarities to the sightings I had seen online. So, I grabbed a coat and headed to the lake shore. The rest, I documented in my post on your youtube video. I don't own any cameras that could possibly make a good recording. I did purchase a pair of Binoculars though, so that if it happens again, I can at least get more information out of it.
Regarding ATS, my father turned me own to that site several years ago. He always begged me to visit it, but I never took it that seriously. Most (not all- I know there are also some really smart, sharp individuals over there, however they seem to get drowned out by the trolls) of the people that post there seem to be generally uneducated and paranoid (did you know that it is suspected that the Giffords shooter made some posts on there? Look up user erad on the forum).
However, in the past couple of weeks I have been following the forum because it seems to be the only active UFO forum on the internet. However, it seems that as soon as a video is posted, it is immediately dismissed as a hoax without any examination of the evidence and ridiculous straw man arguments based on logical fallacies. Postings that are deemed hoaxes by the site admins get moved to the "Hoax" forum.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

My footage looks 100 times more like your footage than that last Youtube video in the last reply.
And, your flares do not stay up for hours. They fade away just as your original video shows. More and more keep popping up, but not one should stay burning for more than 5 minutes.
These flares are not extremely entertaining, but what was quite entertaining to me is the fact that even when I was videotaping them right in front of other people, they all didn't even notice that they were even there.
My footage was videotaped on a Saturday night when everybody is out and off from work.

edit on 15-2-2011 by realanswers because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by realanswers

The video doesn't do the sighting justice. The lights that appear to "fade away and pop up" in the video, do not. The same lights stay there for hours. How are you going to try to tell me they DON'T stay there for hours when all you have is a 2 minute video shot from miles away that you can not even see clearly? I shot it just to give an idea. I know what these things look like in real life, and they are not flares.

Thanks for the try though.

I have multiple sightings from multiple people that clearly prove these objects stay there and are stationary. Also sightings saying they were moving over the lake. I also just proved there are no Air Force bases over in that direction.

edit: also, post your video I'm still curious to see

edit 2: Here's a flare video that I can see would look similar, but I have sat, and literally STARED at these things an excess of two hours, waiting for them to do anything crazy. I can see why you would think they are flares, honestly. But next time they show up I will try to get a way better video proving they're not

edit 3: I will leave this as plausible flares until I receive further information from witnesses closer to the source
edit on 15-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

If this is 2mins footage and these thing are about all the time, then I suggest you invite some forumers around and get them to video it too. Come on, can't be that important to prove their ufo's if there's no willing to get the community in on it is there?

Get yourself a decent video camera and tape camera, and tape hours of it, until you can't tape any more. Then post it all up and see what people come up with.

I could video me standing on my head for 2mins and cut it short and say I was there for hours up on hours, yet this doesn't mean I was
I'm not trying to sound condescending here, I'm just asking for a little more cake before I decide if it's tasty or just another run of the mill cake.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by StarblazerUK

I wasn't trying to "prove" they're UFOs. The intention of my post was to rule out what they aren't, so I'd have a better idea of what they could be.

So far, the evidence I've gotten has lead me to believe there are only two plausible theories left. Either they are

1.) flares, which I don't see why they would be as they are used for distress signaling. And my father being ex-navy and having seen his fair share of flares in his time doesn't believe these to be flares, either.

2.) they are actually something that can't be identified. Hence "UFO"

Not everyone can afford expensive camera equipment in order to stroke the egos of people over the internet. If that was my intention, I'd call up Spielberg and have him film it for me. My camera shoots videos for 4 minutes max. I posted this video as an attempt to collaborate with people on here and rule things out one by one. People here have given me suggestions that I wouldn't have thought of myself, and so far almost every one of them has been ruled out. This thread is going nicely IMO

edit to add: If you can find me another really active UFO forum, that would be helpful. I have only posted it here because this is the most active forum that I'm aware of at the moment. I already submitted a report to MUFON.

second edit, my bad: I am already collaborating with other people who have contacted me via youtube and email to try and get them to film their sightings the next time it occurs. There are already many people who have seen the exact same thing I've seen, and there are even other reports on MUFON reporting what I saw, as was previously discussed earlier in the thread. But I do get what you mean. My footage is nothing special by any means, and I don't claim it to be. It was to give a basic understanding of what is out there. I wasn't expecting this video to get 2k+ views within the first couple of days, I only wanted to see what people here thought of it
edit on 15-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by nodeco13
reply to post by Unity_99

Ok abduction
Did you ask the subject if he or she had any unusual scars where they do not remember injuring themselves?
Is there anything unusual about your sleep patterns?
As you start to ask these questions, the subject will then began to relate to experiences possibly from television or from this thread. Unfortunately this line of questioning can trigger the subconscious mind into living the experience and once the subconscious does that it is the same as the real experience (to the subconscious mind anyway)
Never mind me continue

I don't know about his situation. These could be some kind of military or special surveillance, weather testing, flares, or a ufo. What I wrote just depends on what it, because if its a ufo, things need to be looked into.

As for my family, its definitive.
edit on 15-2-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I asked my contact on the lake front if he had anything else he could share in order to prove they were not flares, to which he replied

only that they were stationary in the sky for at least 30 minutes. What makes you think they could be flares?

I told him I don't think they are flares. I just needed some more back up to the story.

Also, I asked if it was positive confirmation that these planes did not come from O'Hare, to which he replied

yes, unless they moved Ohare to Michigan

I think this is pretty much settling my case. But of course this won't be good enough for most people lol

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Nice work

Have you considered attempting to triangulate the sightings with the contacts you have a made. Even a very rough estimation could lead you to an excellent vantage point for better data gathering, I want to know more

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Judging by what this guy is saying, in order to get a really good view I'd have to be on the lake front in the city, or I'd have to be on the east side of the lake in Michigan. Both are too far just for this
Maybe if I had a place in the city to stay for a few days I could do it. I won't think about doing that though until I see these things again. They haven't been there since I recorded the video. If they start showing up again I'll just call up MUFON and see if they'll do all the work for me

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by realanswers
I tried uploading it on Youtube, but it's about 20 minutes long so Youtube doesn't let me upload or edit videos that long.
I'm open to any good advice as to how I can go about getting it online so I can share my video.

Oops totally did not see that part. Maybe try downloading a video editor and cut the video up into 3 or 4 parts

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

www.ufocasebook.com...

Unknown Objects Videotaped over Illinois
Illinois - 02-14-11

Starting about a month ago, I became aware of these strange glowing lights in the sky when I looked out the second story window of my house in Bartlett, Illinois.

Living here for 19 years, and knowing that O'Hare Airport is in that direction, I thought nothing of it. I thought they were probably just planes or helicopters. It was strange, as I had not seen anything like this before, though.

That's what stuck out at me.

These objects stayed in one relative spot. They moved, but not erratically, just slightly around each other. I noticed they would stay in patterns.

Either these objects would form a triangular configuration, or take a linear configuration. I thought this was something pretty strange if they were conventional aircraft. I also noticed that they don't blink. They glow, and slightly flicker.

These objects would appear out of nowhere starting around 6 PM CST, and they would stay for hours, usually ending around 9 PM CST. I have never seen these objects during the day.

On February 14, 2010, I decided to try to record them (for a second time), as they appeared at dusk instead of the usual night time, and it would be easier for my camera to capture them.

After recording the video, I uploaded it to my computer. I took a screenshot of a scene in the video, put it into Photoshop, and used the "emboss" effect to see exactly what shape these objects took. What I saw really surprised me. They were showing up as spheres. Six of them, in a triangular pattern with three smaller ones in the middle.

When my sightings first started, there were only 3 of these lights visible. As time has progressed, these sightings have become more and more frequent, with more objects. Now almost nightly, I can see at least 5 of them, and usually no more than 8.

As I have stated, these objects will stay for hours on end. I have watched these objects closely hoping to catch them doing some crazy UFO-like behavior, like zooming back up into space, but all they do is kind of "fade out," and I lose sight of them.

This does not happen EVERY night, but close to it now. Seeing these objects make me more confused than anything. If they are planes, how are they visible for so long? Why don't the lights get bigger as they get closer, or smaller as they get farther?

If they are helicopters, why do they glow instead of blink or flash? Why do they show up in the EXACT same spot so frequently, and hover for so long?

Why don't I ever see them move anywhere, except around each other in a relative manner?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by nodeco13

Woah wtf! How did my report to mufon get there?!

someone tryna jack my #?
edit on 16-2-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Holy #. Okay so I was thinking about where UFOs like to show up. Guess what's located RIGHT on the Eastern shore of Lake Michigan? If you guessed a nuclear power plant, you are correct.

Link

Link 2

D.C. Cook Nuclear Power Plant

Picture of plant from Flash Earth

Location of plant relative to O'Hare

It's a clear shot. I'm #ing excited now. I have a witness saying that it was on that side of the lake. It's a clear shot from my location, to O'Hare, to the plant.

Edit:

Check out this news article!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

So the headline will read “advanced extraterrestrial life forms are cataloging all earth nuclear activities”?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nodeco13

So the headline will read “advanced extraterrestrial life forms are cataloging all earth nuclear activities”?

Haha what? I was just stating that a ton of UFO sightings occur in the area of nuclear facilities, and there just so happens to be one within my direct line of sight, that I never knew about before.

the news article I provided, even though it is WWN, describes "the michigan rectangle" an area where a bunch of weird sightings supposedly occur. The nuclear plant just happens to be in that rectangle

who knows why they like nuclear plants so much

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Did you just post a link to the weekly world news as a source of information?

I was intrigued with this thread, but trying to support your claim w that source is, well, not such a good thing!

Lol, I know what you were trying to do though....the Michigan rectangle has some crazy reports. I'll try to dig some up as I'm from Detroit. Living in seattle now though...
edit on 16-2-2011 by amongus because: Dbaggery

edit on 16-2-2011 by amongus because: Jbaggery

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Did mean that as ha-ha, just saying that is the next theory. You know how things go around here. I would just like to understand what you saw and go from there.
Are you sure that it is a real nuclear power plant? It could be a secure alien base. Did ET give you the tour when they abducted you?
That was a ha-ha.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yeah I'm aware it's not a credible news source....however, sightings are sightings either way you put it. Any help with other sightings in that area would be awesome. I just got excited and posted the first thing that popped up and read

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by nodeco13

lol I got that joke! Sorry I didn't pick up on the other one

I'm trying to calculate the distance across the southern tip of the lake so then I can have a better idea of how far these objects were from me, and how they were from my contact in the city

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join