It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lucid dreams where you have the same dream as someone else

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
This has happened to me only once that I know of...as I think I might have been born dreaming lucid dreams. (thought everyone did)
A few years ago I had a dream I was in a weird town something that might be in Harry Potter... weird old buildings with odd shaped flags and towers. My boys were small around 4 and 6 in this dream (in reality they were 18 and 20) and they were skipping and running round my mother and I as we walked and ventured into these old haunted type shops. Oddly my (EX) mother inlaw and ex husband were leaning us around this town. I have been divorced at that time about 17 yrs. so it was odd for me to even dream about them....

The next morning I phoned my mother and I started to tell her the dream I had... she started to tell me hers too... and yes they were the same dream... same people... same ages of my kids.... and we were in that weird eerie town with tons of flags flying!
I would say I was in a weird eerie town... she would reply yes, I dreamt of a weird town too with flags every where
I would say yes and my boys were in the dream and she said yes but the were only 4 or 5 in my dream (as they were in mine)
then she said the weirdest part was your Ex husband and MIL were also in the dream... I about feel out of my chair!

So weird! Even the things in the shops were similar....

anyone else ever had an experience like that?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
This morning was strange, i was in a lucid state and it was as if I was hearing peoples thoughts, voices of people i've never heard before saying things, seconds later I was deep into a dream
edit on 13-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

But to answer the question many times, I dream im other people all the time

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Lucid dreaming is a Subject I find endlessly fascinating.. My Sister Amanda and I have had a similar experience about five years ago.. Before I go into detail.. I should probably mention my sister and I, have been very close.. Ever since I was born..As she was always more of a Mother too me then a Sister..

So anyway it was about five years ago as I have already said.. Now I have always been able to come and go from lucid states of consciousness effortlessly, For as far back as I can remember.. But this time it was different Without going into to much personal detail, My Sister has always been a very spiritual person, However I have not..

So one night I drifted too bed as I always do nothing new this night from any other, At some point in the night I slipped into a lucid state.. But my dream seemed different this time.. Almost alien, or foreign to me.. Something was not right about this dream.. At the time I could not put my finger on it.. But now looking back on it, It was as if i entered someone else's dream state..This is a concept I still find extremely difficult to explain..I could see but it was as if it was not with my own eyes..I could feel, hear, and even think..But these were not my thoughts..Something was very different..

It was soon that i realized I was not me, I was my sister.. I was experiencing the world through my sisters eyes..Thinking her thoughts..Feeling her emotions..

Strangely enough.. The next day I came to find out my sister had the same experience only she saw the world through my perspective.. I have never forgotten this experience. From time to time My sister and I still talk about it..Trying to make since of it. She has made peace with it, As it still lurks in the back of my mind..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANClENT
This morning was strange, i was in a lucid state and it was as if I was hearing peoples thoughts, voices of people i've never heard before saying things, seconds later I was deep into a dream

But to answer the question many times, I dream im other people all the time
I did not dream I was someone else... I dreamt I was myself but my mother and I shared one dream

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chattykat

Aha! Or maybe the Dream were talking about was shared reality just as we could be dreaming now and consider This shared reality, The Difference between the two really cant be identified, Just like in a dream where we have to prove we are asleep at the same time in what we perceive to be "Awake" must also be questioned

edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I’ve recently been listing and mediating with this.

On my first attempt I saw a young woman with long red hair standing in field and surrounded my green sweeping plains, it reminded me allot of Scotland and Ireland.

For some reason or another my tears started flowing it was a very deep feeling of loneliness for me.

Though I don’t know if it was my imagination or I was truly seeing my past life, but never the less it was an experience and the tears could have been some form of tension release.

Maybe you should try and see what images come into your mind while doing it.

Self Regression. Who were you in a past life? ... A Link to all 3 parts in one easy continuous playlist, so you don't need to stop to load in the next part.

edit on 13/2/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

Aha! Or maybe the Dream were talking about was shared reality just as we could be dreaming now and consider This shared reality, The Difference between the two really cant be identified, Just like in a dream where we have to prove we are asleep at the same time in what we perceive to be "Awake" must also be questioned

edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

Interesting concept Ted..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ANClENT

Oh so weird.

I’m also sure I read that the chattykat (OP) said she was
someone else in her dream. I had to re-read the OP, I even looked to see if she had edited it. But she hasn’t. That’s why I posted the past life regression video.

Yet another weird unexplained event

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

I dare you to prove me otherwise Tech, In all honesty i confused my myself for a moment tech....Then again if its a dream who cares

edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: May be dreaming but spellings still a nightmare

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

I dare you to prove me otherwise Tech, In all honesty i confused my myself for a moment tech....Then again if its a dream who cares

edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: May be dreaming but spellings still a nightmare
Don't think I Would be able to disprove that one Ted..Reminds me of the quote by Chaung Tzu “I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?”

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Now that one is definately a keeper for my Quote log

Once again, Good man

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69

I’ve recently been listing and mediating with this.

On my first attempt I saw a young woman with long red hair standing in field and surrounded my green sweeping plains, it reminded me allot of Scotland and Ireland.

For some reason or another my tears started flowing it was a very deep feeling of loneliness for me.

Though I don’t know if it was my imagination or I was truly seeing my past life, but never the less it was an experience and the tears could have been some form of tension release.

Maybe you should try and see what images come into your mind while doing it.

Self Regression. Who were you in a past life? ... A Link to all 3 parts in one easy continuous playlist, so you don't need to stop to load in the next part.

edit on 13/2/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

This is interesting, I will have to give it a try..I find it easy entering meditative states late at night in the early am hours..I don't know why..But I may give this a try later.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I only get lucid dreams when I fall asleep listening to something like a movie, or even the radio sometimes. Just my brain placing things from the environment into my dreams. That's how I rationalize it anyways, as for having the same dream as another I don't in general tell people about my dreams so I wouldn't know.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
I only get lucid dreams when I fall asleep listening to something like a movie, or even the radio sometimes. Just my brain placing things from the environment into my dreams. That's how I rationalize it anyways, as for having the same dream as another I don't in general tell people about my dreams so I wouldn't know.

Makes perfect since, it is called Dream incubation.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

now that is exactly what it felt like!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Hi there , I'm familiar with what you are talking about . I've seen it referred to as 'shared dreaming' quite a bit .

You might want to check out an author by the name of Carlos Castaneda . I think he referred to it as 'double-dreaming' , if I recall correctly .

Carlos received his Bachelor's and Doctoral based on the work he described in the first three books he wrote while studying anthropology at UCLA . He wrote about a dozen books overall .

His Phd was later stripped from him because of the controversy over whether his work was fact or fiction . Either way , I still recommend his work to those who are interested in lucid dreaming .

I had his complete works , but a house fire claimed this along with the rest of my library . I can't recall exactly which book it was in which he discusses what you have described . It may have been " The Art of Dreaming " , but I can't be sure of that .

I found his writings very fascinating as well as captivating .

Anyway , here's a link to get you familiar with the man and his work . Enjoy .

www.biblio.com...

Oh yea , look for the book that includes a character by the name of "La Gorda" . This was a female whom he practiced his 'art' with . They would actually make plans to meet up in dreams , from different locations . According to Castaneda , they got to be pretty successful with it .

As always , form your own opinion on it . Hope you enjoy .
edit on 13-2-2011 by okbmd because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

That's really wild , I've been contemplating that idea for years .

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Reminds me of the quote by Chaung Tzu ...

Ha , you beat me to it . That was what I was going to post in reply to Ted's post .

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I have never had that happen to me yet, lucky you, thank you for sharing that.

edit on 14-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Typo

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDreamerCalledJohn

I have never had that happen to me yet, lucky you, thank you for sharing that.

edit on 14-2-2011 by TheDreamerCalledJohn because: Typo

not that you know of.... i never would have known if i wouldn't have told my mom and she let me know about hers....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join