It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Prophecy Analysis: Medes, America, and Mystery Babylon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Questions to consider:
Is America the Mystery Babylon?
Who will destroy the Mystery Babylon?
When will this destruction occur?

Is America the Mystery Babylon?

1st, the statue of liberty was originally envisioned as a statue of Isis, the Egyptian Queen of Heaven. The creator of the statue wanted it to stand over the Suez Canal. So the statue is a goddess statue. Distinctive features are the head with the spiked crown (representing rays of light) and the arm with the torch. It looks very much like old Roman statues of Juno, the wife of Zeus. Statues and coins of Juno vary but she typically held up a torch and in the other hand held another torch, or a scepter, or a patera. As the chief goddesses of the ancient states have similar characteristics, the Juno=Isis relation is not unusual.

However plans to build the statue over the Suez Canal were not carried out, therefore the statue designer looked for another opportunity. Frédéric Bartholdi was not going to sell the concept of a giant statue of Juno or Isis to the Americans, so he rebranded the statue as the goddess Libertas. In any event the statue of liberty is unquestionably a statue of a pagan goddess, and a symbol for America. Thus the symbol for America is a pagan goddess standing on a ziggurat over the water.

2nd, when referencing “mystery Babylon” it is a female reference specifically (Rev 17:5): “on her forehead a name was written, a mystery, "BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.” This female figure represents both a great city and a nation. References include:
“Great harlot who sits on many waters” (Rev 17:1)
“The waters which you saw where the harlot sits are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues” (Rev 17:15)
“The woman whom you saw is the great city, which reigns over the kings of the earth.” (Rev 17:18)
“The merchants of the earth have become rich by the wealth of her sensuality” (Rev 18:3)
“The merchants of the earth weep and mourn over her, because no one buys their cargoes any more” (Rev 18:11)
“Your merchants were the great men of the earth, because all the nations were deceived by your sorcery” (Rev 18:23)

So from this we can see that mystery Babylon is a great city, very wealthy, which buys goods from all the earth, which has great merchants, which reigns over many nations, and sits over many peoples and nations and languages. There are only a few examples which fit this description – Rome as it presided over the Roman Empire, London as it presided over the British Empire, and New York as it presides over the American financial empire. And note that the statue of liberty is right at the port of New York.

Neither Rome and the Roman Empire, nor London and the British Empire, were destroyed the way mystery Babylon is to be destroyed as described in Revelation. Therefore the two former empires do not fit. Therefore it may be asserted that currently the best fit is in fact America, which is represented by a female pagan goddess, which is mystery Babylon.

America Destroyed By Whom?

But who would destroy New York and America? “And the ten horns which you saw, and the beast, these will hate the harlot and will make her desolate and naked, and will eat her flesh and will burn her up with fire” (Rev 17:16)

Who are these 10 horns? “The ten horns which you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but they receive authority as kings with the beast” (Rev 17:12)
“These have one purpose, and they give their power and authority to the beast” (Rev 17:13)

There are those who equate the 10 horns of Daniel to the 10 horns in Revelation. A clear problem that occurs here is that the 10 horns of Daniel occur sequentially, whereas the 10 horns of Revelation occur concurrently. (Revelation 17:16 describes them as concurrent see above.). Furthermore there are two biblical views regarding the “4 beasts” of Daniel: that they represent the Babylonians, Medes, Persians, and Greeks; or that they represent the Babylonians, Mede-Persians, Greeks, and Romans. Without getting into the arguments for either, it is clear that in both cases these empires are all in the past and therefore the 10 horns of Revelation 17 cannot be the same as the 10 horns of Daniel unless it is also asserted that the events of Revelation 17 & 18 have also happened in the past. Which I believe no 21st century evangelical would assert.

So I conclude we cannot look to Daniel for the identity of the 10 horns (or nation states) that will attack America. So are there any other prophets who might have provided an indication?

Yes. Both Jeremiah and Isaiah have a lot to say about it. They are referring to a future Babylon because the “day of the Lord” has not yet come (Isaiah 13:9) and because it has never been completely destroyed. For example when Cyrus the Great conquered Babylon he had the river Euphrates diverted so that his troops could walk into the city through the water gates. They conquered Babylon without any destruction.

Both Jeremiah and Isaiah assert that the Medes are to destroy Babylon. Was Cyrus a Mede? No, he was Persian. The Medes had an empire for about 150 years, and the Persians were subject to them. However Cyrus the Great, before he conquered Babylon, conquered the Medes. At that point the Medes became subject to the Persians as a vassal state. The Persians conquered Babylon, but the Medes never conquered Babylon in the past.

So the argument that Jeremiah and Isaiah are talking about a future Babylon is valid. They both say that Babylon will be completely destroyed – there is no historical record that this ever occurred. They say it will be conquered by the Medes – who never did so. And Isaiah asserts this will happen when the “day of the Lord” arrives. So from all three of these factors, we can conclude that they were speaking prophetically of a future Babylon. And we can conclude that “the Medes” will destroy this future Babylon.

Who are the Medes? Well the Median Empire covered what is today Northern Iran, Northern Afghanistan, Turkmenistan, Southern Uzbekistan, parts of Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan, Southern Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Armenia, and Eastern Turkey.

Now there is a group today called the Economic Cooperation Organization. It consists of 10 countries. The 3 founders were Iran, Pakistan and Turkey; then joined by Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.

The ancient Median Empire overlapped the ECO – all 10 countries in the ECO were entirely or partially within the boundaries of Median Empire. All are Islamic states. The center of the ancient Median Empire was in what is now Iran, so perhaps Iran will be the lead actor. So:
(1) Babylon is America, or New York and America, depending on whether it is referring to the city or the nation
(2) Babylon will be destroyed by the Medes who are a grouping of Islamic states, probably lead by Iran
(3) Babylon will not be destroyed until the day of the Lord arrives

When Will The Destruction Occur?

When will the day of the lord arrive? We know from Zephaniah 1:14-16 that the “day of the Lord” is synonymous with “the day of wrath”.
When is the day of wrath? From Revelation 6:17 it says “for the great day of their wrath has come, and who is able to stand?” This is the opening of the 6th seal.
Therefore the opening of the 6th seal commences the day of wrath which is the day of the Lord.

What are the signs of the 6th seal?
(a) Great earthquake (presumably global)
(b) Sun turns dark, and Moon turns to blood (which it would if the Sun darkened –this may just be atmospheric affects which impact how Sun/Moon are seen)
(c) Stars fall to earth (massive meteor storm? Nuclear missile exchange? Throwing up dust into atmosphere causing Sun to darken and Moon to appear as blood?)
(d) The sky splits like a scroll rolling up (perhaps this means violent clouds moving across the sky?)
(e) Mountains and islands moved from their places (a set of violent shocks to the Earth – see the great earthquake – which might be triggered by the meteor bombardment or massive nuclear exchange? Or independently?)

So we don’t know when, but we know that the above rather dramatic signs will happen before Babylon is destroyed.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

(b) Sun turns dark, and Moon turns to blood (which it would if the Sun darkened –this may just be atmospheric affects which impact how Sun/Moon are seen)

This may point to a specific time of solar and lunar eclipses within a month or year of the Great Earthquake?

I've researched this a little myself and find that the Great Earthquake is what we should be looking for now but really, which great earthquake are we to know is the right one? Is it the Haiti quake, or other 7.0+ quakes, or has it yet to arrive? I think it has yet to happen so I'm waiting for that shoe to fall so to speak.

(d) The sky splits like a scroll rolling up (perhaps this means violent clouds moving across the sky?)

This makes me think of a pole shift...in fact, all of those desciptions make me think of a pole shift!

edit on 13-2-2011 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
have you ever considered that the 10 kings that turn on the AntiChrist Kingdom and burn/consume
the Empire in fire are actually a soon to be 10 Nuclear Armed Community of nations ...rather tan
some Economic community of Muslim orientated nations in central asia.

there are 9 known nuclear powers in the world right now... mostly because S Africa gave up their
arsenal years ago...but with Iran becoming a nuclear power the group possessing nukes will be 10.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SunSword

An interesting take, though I do believe you may be slightly confused. I believe you are confusing "mystery babylon"(the future one world religion) with the "whore of babylon"(which New York City could certainly be). Asise from that I think your read on it is worthy of consideration. I would think a nuke dropped on NYC would cover all the listed signs.

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Well since some of u are not completely close minded, i mean i got my opions to but lol here u go

elderscrolls.wikia.com...

www.thinkbabynames.com...

www.terrapsych.com...

The paris catacombs= plague

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Just some things that might help

Alechemy- The medieval forerunner of chemistry, based on the supposed transformation of matter, esp. that of base metals into gold. 2. A process by which paradoxical results are achieved or incompatible elements combined with no obvious rational explanation.

Umm oh yea stairway to heaven... Theres a lady who sure all that glitters is gold...

Statue of liberty- resemble medusa¿?

Lol... Theres nothing that
nyone can do... And was distorted thx to the good old game telephone...

My great grandmothers name: Kora \k(o)-ra\ as a girl's name is pronounced KOR-ah. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Kora is "maiden". Can be traced back to classical mythology, though the modern form was coined by American writer James Fenimore Cooper in "The Last of the Mohicans" (1826). The K- spelling is a modern variation. Korisa is also the name of an African instrument. See also Cora.
onon
on
Cora \c(o)-ra\ as a girl's name is pronounced KOR-ah. It is of Greek origin, and the meaning of Cora is "maiden". Probably avariant of Kore or Corinna. An invented name coined by American writer James Fenimore Cooper for the dark-haired heroine in "The Last of the Mohicans" (1826). Classical mythology: name of Persephone,the goddess of the underworld who lives there in winter, before her return in spring causes the cycle of life to continue. A simple, pretty name withan old-fashioned air. Civil rights activist Coretta Scott King.

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

posted on Aug, 2 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   
well written SS

please i suggest you see it a bit broader ;
mystery babylon is this whole present matrix

..the 'religious' aspect of the mystery babylon whore , is the most important to Him
religious in the sense, that most people give their attention and energy [=belief] to the things of this matrix.

the USA is never described nowhere,
but as part of the 'king of the North'
which is "the entire West, under leadership of first the roman state empire, then under the catholic church'
[same thing]

kind regards,

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I might be 25, but im far from dumb... So, i would like to share as to what my idea of the matrix is.... Longitude and latitude and where they meet and sector are where the #s for ur "matrixs"¿? Ley lines are its own and i still ask questions everday as everyday i learn something too... What is going to happen is because of the systemmatic power struggle. But please believe that it entirely spiritual. So, uhh... Stairway to heaven says theres a feeling i get when i look to the west, and my spirit is crying for leaving... 7 heads and 10 horns means 2 of them, dont have horns... At least that was my opinion...

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
my theory
1) Christians will be raptured
2) a new Caliph will arise and unite Islam (they will call him al-Mahdi; Bible calls him antiChrist)
3) the new Caliph wil demand Europe convert to his faith or he will cut off their oil.
4) the non-believing, non-raptured remnant of the Catholic church will become a new hybrid Islamic faith. this will be the Whore of Babylon, as Europe throw away it's Christian heritage to get that oil. the new 'pope' (anti-pope) will be the False Prophet the Bible prophecies of.
5) in a few years the Euro government and the Caliph will tire of them and shut them down.

I don't see the US taking a major part in any of this. without the Christians the US will go broke and weak.

new topics

top topics

join