It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

tell me something about dogs that bark at ghosts or paranormal entities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
i have a Pomeranian pekingese shihtzu and i heard that the pekingese barks at demonic entities or ghosts in general. what have you heard? any links to sites or stories?
edit on 13-2-2011 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Most pets can pick up things like that, then can even tell whether it's going to storm before it happens, or even have an earthquake. There has been posts on here, and there might be a few websites that have dogs barking at nothing or refusing to go to a certain part of the house.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Those little annoying dogs bark at everything, no joke. And it's so high pitched, loud, and consistent.

So yes, if there were a strange entity around, be it the mailman or a ghost, and the dog detects it's presence, than it will bark until your ears bleed. Pretty much.

At least this is my experience with the dogs of this breed I have been so "lucky" to have been around.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Personal experience: I had a Cocker Spainel who loved on of my cousins. One morning around 11am, he jumped up into a chair my cousin use to love to sit in and started this bayful howl. It lasted for a few minutes, then he stopped and curled up in the chair. 15 minutes later we found out my cousin had passed due to diabetic complications.
I say it happens.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I wish he'd bark at all the painfully pretentious douchebags on this site until their faces exploded...not you...generally speaking

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by dude69

interesting tell me more

why can't you bark at them by your self?
peace, really.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

yeah i had a bordercollie if thats the right name..
one time he was sitting and looking right in the wall for a long time, maybe nothing but freaked me.

edit on 13-2-2011 by MrAnnunaki because: gramm

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
First, I do not believe in ghosts or anything like that. This happened to me 25 years ago when I was in the Air Force Police.

I was on duty with a dog handler (Police) and we went to check a building. This was a routine check and it was the middle of the night. There were no other personnel anywhere near that location, the base was on holiday. This building had a decent crew rest room and we sometimes grabbed a cup of tea there.

We checked the building and made a drink. While sitting down the dog started to bark at the doorway, there was nothing there at all. I walked through the doorway and into the room it led to. It was clear. No matter what the handler tried to do the dog wouldn't move. I saw and felt nothing neither did the handler. But he said if his dog was scared then he wasn't going in.

I checked the building again, nothing. It was not a complicated building but at times it had put me on edge for no reason I can explain. It was weird because it didn't always have that effect.

The dog was fine when we got it outside, it had never done that before and would never act that way again. We walked around the building and again nothing. Subsequent visits with other dog handlers didn't produce any reaction from the dogs.

Years later when chatting with other policemen who had served at that base I would ask them if there was a building that would creep them out. A fair few mentioned this building.

I'm going to a reunion in 5 months for past serving Policemen who served at that base. I'll wait until a few beers have gone down and see what answers I get from people that served 20 years before I did there.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
My mother died when I was young. My dad used to go to her grave every few weeks and he would take along our beagle dog. The dog would growl and bark at something near the grave and never acted that way at any other time. My dad is convinced that the dog was sensing a spirit.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
I wish he'd bark at all the painfully pretentious douchebags on this site until their faces exploded...not you...generally speaking

well then generally speaking pull my finger

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I don't know anything for or against the question, but on a related note (as someone else mentioned) animals of many sorts have been reported to get very agitated in the days prior to an earthquake. Scientifically, it's thought that they subconsciously sense the earth's vibrations as the quake is building up.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Well I don't have any links for this, but there is an old superstition in my culture about dogs being able to see the dead. You know those eye crusts (or what ever they are called) that form around a dogs eyes? Supposedly that allows to see beyond what we humans can see. If a human puts the dog's eye crusts on their eyes they would be able to see what the dog sees. Most of the time people warn against doing that because of the horrifying things that you could see, it can lead to madness if you are not prepared. My neighbor claimed she tried it once to see if it was true. She saw what she called a "witch" following her. She was so freaked that she immediately took them off. Note: in our culture a witch is generally a being with human like appearance with vampiric qualities (drinks blood), large eyes and claws(or something that lets you know they are not human), and can fly (wears a hat?). Not sure if this true though, I'm not willing to try it!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CuriousObserver

the dried up tears? wow which culture is that? the witch sounds like either a cryptid or a demonic entity i'm going to google chinese foo or fu dogs later on. eye crusts... wierd.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

In our culture it's the cat's eye crust, not a dog's, that should be used. I heard a second hand account of someone trying it and seeing entities. Washing it off didn't do it for him only when he screamed 'Jesus help me!' did it stop.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rockoperawriter

It's from the Mexican culture although I think so other Latin American cultures may know about it. I find that in Mexico, especially in small towns like where my mother is from (its mostly empty now) there is always someone who has claimed something supernatural has happened to them at one point in their lives. I can see why, it's creepy at night especially when all the dogs suddenly start howling.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by eldard

In our culture it's the cat's eye crust, not a dog's, that should be used. I heard a second hand account of someone trying it and seeing entities. Washing it off didn't do it for him only when he screamed 'Jesus help me!' did it stop.

That's quite interesting, maybe cat's eye crust is more long term? I wonder if there is any difference between the two.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
It is said that dogs can see auras and energy in general. Which is really what the spirit world is comprised of.

When we first moved into this house years ago I saw several shadow entities but thankfully haven't seen anything of that nature for a few years now.

Apparently this area of New Hampshire, which lies near a major river was the sight of many Indian battles/massacres for this area near the river.

One time after having installed new headlights in my Jeep I took pictures of the before and after to compare their brightness and each of the pictures had this ghostly like mist called ectoplasm in them.

Both of our dogs regularly see spirits and follow them around like someone following a hockey game their head moves around so fast and randomly !

At night though, and in the room where we believe we have a portal, My dogs will oftentimes wake up in the middle of the night growling and I know for certain that something different is bothering them because they NEVER normally act this way otherwise.

Also, a friend of ours who owns a vacation home in Hawaii would sometimes leave their miniature Schnauzer with us while away and this dog would also do the same thing, following something around with a very curious look on their face like...."what the hell is that ?".

I personally did witness a glowing orb last summer. Never in my life have I seen anything like this, it happened really quickly but it was a golfball sized glowing orb, blue gray in color, and not like the dust reflected ones everyone so hastily debunks in digital camera photos, but a ball of energy that possessed tremendous speed and zipped from right to left into the next room as I was topping the stairs one evening.

This I feel might be what the dogs are seeing and/or watching.

The barking is most likely at some other type physical entity like a shadow person or something because they react and bark completely differently using their deeper "protection" bark. What is different too is that they won't respond to your telling them to calm down. They respond as if to say , can't you see that !?

The two entities that I have seen were the Shadow figure of a tall man and the other a hooded like entity.
Scared the bejeezus out of me one night when It was standing alongside the bed. I kicked it or at it and it vanished.

The Dogs can see and feel things that we normally can't. That's why I trust them and like having them around.
For they Truly are Mans Best Friend.

new topics

top topics

join