It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
So far nobody seems willing to even admit it might be a good idea to read Mitchell's paper on his ESP experiment on Apollo-14. Can I presume that nobody has ever seen it, or knows anybody who has? Can anybody even FIND it?

Red herring.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

So far nobody seems willing to even admit it might be a good idea to read Mitchell's paper on his ESP experiment on Apollo-14

Why don't you do everybody a favor Jim and post it so as we can see what you're talking about instead of constantly challenging people to go and find it

edit on 14-2-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite
I wasn't aware of it. I just found out about it a year ago. It was intriguing to say the least. I'd be happy to hear what they have to say. Give me a link or something. I'm not a ufologist or anything. I do my best not to spread lies. So I'm in the wrong here, I fully expect the bat. Sorry. Looking forward to a reply I'll keep it in my favorites if I see anyone else mention this case.

Thanks, Jonny, you found the Wikipedia summary, written by UFO believers who just repeat Cooper's story, and the McDonald report, which among other things:
has no mention of Cooper being involved AT ALL
has no mention of any 'landing' or legs, just a constant-level drift-past
has no mention of the actual Blue Book case number which allows anyone to obtain the film referred to in the McDonald account.

...so the McDonald report is at variance with Cooper's story in a number of crucial factors.

Putting aside the case itself for a moment, the question on this thread is Cooper's credibility. How could he have been in charge and seen the pictures when McDonald seems to have known nothing about it (he obviously would have used Cooper's name to lend further credibility to the report, had he known it).

Added to this is the written account by Gettys, one of the photographers, proclaiming he had no idea Cooper was even on base -- he had no connection to the photos and was never shown them, according to the primary witness. His testimony is corroborated by Hubert Davis, the AF Lt. who was on fill-in duty at the 'Blue Book' desk that morning. No Gordon Cooper, not then, nowhere.

Is it plausible that Cooper, on base, heard the story and over the year's adapted it as one of HIS own stories, placing himself in the center of the narrative for dramatic purposes?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Nothing about his qualifications make him an expert in UFO's, alien-life, or interstellar politics. Now don't get me wrong, he was an astronaut and did some respectable and cool space stuff....still doesn't make him an expert. Even his engineering degree only covers Earth technology.

He's never come forth with any proof of his claims, or named any names.
Yet, we are supposed to believe him whole-hog?

No thanks.

I do not worship any Human, no matter their qualifications. Mitchell will have to give more than, "I say so", to get my attention. His story is full of unverifiable "unnamed admirals", and "secret pentagon meetings"...nothing that can be confirmed.

Good for you. You have the correct attitude. I never said you should believe Mitchell. My point was simply that Mitchell's opinion deserves more respect than the average tin-foil-hat-wearing paranoid.

I will say this - if Obama came out and said exactly what Mitchell just said, with no 'proof' either, ninety-nine percent of the world would believe it and it would be the biggest news story ever.

... which proves, it's not about evidence. It's about who says it, and their level of influence.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

So far nobody seems willing to even admit it might be a good idea to read Mitchell's paper on his ESP experiment on Apollo-14

Why don't you do everybody a flavor Jim and post it so as we can see what you're talking about instead of constantly challenging people to go and find it

Nope. I'm not a single point failure in YOUR box of research tools.

Your inability to do adequate research is NOT my fault. Learn. Grow stronger.

It's not a 'red herring', nor is it 'character assassination' or 'ad hominem', it's central to any independent verification of the trustworthiness of the opinions of any person when supportive documentation is lacking. And such hearsay is NOT acceptable as evidence in criminal trials except under tightly-limited circumstances such as death-bed confessions.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

I'll check into it for you WW.

I found it a long while back, in a video clip.

They were both on EVA at the time, if i recall correctly.

I'll get back to you after i dredge through my rather untidy video collection, hopefully having found the clip.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Your inability to do adequate research is NOT my fault. Learn. Grow stronger.

You are the one making claims without providing evidence supporting the claims made .
I choose not to play your game of fetch the stick .

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by gandalphthegrey
reply to post by WeRpeons

A quick answer to all your questions would be , maybe they ( if they exist) are not allowed to interfere for fear of causing a Paradox . Maybe they can do nothing more than observe until mankind reaches a certain level of development... Who knows ?

The paradox element would imply they are dimensional travellers, rather than 'space' travellers.

If they were not from the future (our future), a paradox wouldn't happen.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thinline

Because Lear would basically insult anyone who disagreed with him, with snide implications that they are stupid for not believing him.

In fact, the only thing he ever claimed that came from science and reason was his take on Flight 77 and the improbability of a barely qualified pilot fighting WIG forces in a 747. Statements qualified by his FAA certifications.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Okay, he has an ESP paper.
Does it prove his claims on alien life and alien visitations?

If so, then explain how...since you read it.

If not, then it is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Oh, I see.

You are what some people like to call, a noisy fart with no smell.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

Could we not get into name calling please , this thread has been very civil so far and I thank all contributors to the thread for that

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Are you a moderator?
No?

Either way....I advise taking things a little less seriously.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
My point was simply that Mitchell's opinion deserves more respect than the average tin-foil-hat-wearing paranoid.

I will say this - if Obama came out and said exactly what Mitchell just said, with no 'proof' either, ninety-nine percent of the world would believe it and it would be the biggest news story ever.

... which proves, it's not about evidence. It's about who says it, and their level of influence.

Mitchell also believes in distance healing, so because of who is is should we believe it to be true?

Obama believes in God, should I now shake off my atheistic views because The President Of The United States says God exists

The point I'm making here is that Mitchell is very much preaching to the converted, people who believe in Earth visiting ETs are now putting Mitchell on a pedestal, but how many hear can honestly say they heard of or followed Mitchell's career BEFORE he voiced his opinions on ETS?

In the past week or so this forum has been dissecting the Jerusalem Dome UFOs You Tube videos and thus far those videos have failed to convince many that they are evidence of ET visitation.
It also has to be remembered, whilst a man who has achieved more than many, Mitchell still has NO evidence to back up his claims.

It is an interesting story that Mitchell tells, but fellow astronaut John Glen strongly believes in God, should everyone now start believing in God?

Mitchell will have to produce much more evidence to the table to convince others outside the "I believe" congregation.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Maybe Justin Bieber or Lindsay Lohan should be our new spokesperson

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Byteman

Aside from the assertions he's making about what other 'trustworthy' people told him, there's no way to validate his good sense in choosing what to believe or not believe -- except examining some claim of his that IS checkable. Otherwise we just fall back onto arguing about trusting people's opinions because they coincide with our own.

That gets us nowhere. Just look around.

I get the distinct impression that most folks around here would rather NOT test Mitchell's believability.

But I could easily be proved wrong by a single counter-example.

Ditto with Cooper's. Now there's a guy who claims he saved the space shuttle program from a fatal design flaw by relaying a telepathic warning from space aliens. It's in his own book. But it's so preposterous, nobody seems to even want to discuss it and it's implications.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Some very reat and earnest men have already come forth to bring this reality to the people.
Books have been written, documentaries made,testimony notarised.
Cases of high strangeness endure for decades unimpeached.
There is ample proof enough for the reasonable man to base his expectations on eventuak disclosure, and personal interaction at some future point.
To name but a few of these testifiers we have Bobby Ray .Inman Adm USnavy, General Douglas McArthur.,
General Lovekin,Wilbert Smith,Cmmanders of other national air forces,Belgium,Brazil,Chile,NZ.UK,and many more
all saying there is physical craft not of this earth.
I cant emumerate all the high ranking people in Goverment, in Military, and other professionals,as i am sure there are by now thousands of witnesses and radar images,photos, both real and hoaxed,movies and videos.
Usos have been recorded in Ships logs books.
These are legal records which carry punishment for altering or prevaricating.
Entire ships crews have observed saucers from op mainbrace till the present.
Edgar is not alone by any stretch.
He stands in some august company....
Including russian astronats as well as his fellow cooper andothers who have spoken up.
We are not looking at the tesstimony of one distinguished gentleman, whos testimony is considered to be of the highest caliber.
A proper LIST of those people would run into several pages Hundreds and thousands of various caliber witnesses.
If you were a jury, what would the conclusion have been by now?
Perhaps not all this information given by these highly qualified people,is 100% dead on accurate,and as always everything we say is subject to a complex but very human process before its spoken.
Itcould not be expected to be 100%
However, i would venture to estimate that their info cannot be less than 90%accurate.
All these people must have revealed collectively by now, to any reasonable skeptic, even, that the ETs are HERE!
At least that factoid alone........
Ruppelt, Keyhoe,Corso,theres many more....
There is much speculation and innuendo circulating over Corsos book, but the other two men are probably the last of a breed, of honest reporters

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
OK...this is for WW and anyone else who's interested.

It's an update to a post i made in this thread earlier, about Ed Mitchell saying something very odd to A. Shepard, during Apollo 14's EVA-1.

The interesting part is around 1:07 onwards.

Ed says: Well let's see...we've had visitors again!

Shepard: Yup

Ed (or Shepard, not 100% which):...hardly worth mentioning..

Here's a YT clip from a while ago;

That's as far as that 'conversation' went..i feel both guys knew not to go any further with the topic.

Does it mean what you know i'm thinking it means? Or is it something mundane?

Do the 'visitors' refer to actual visitors, while on the moon, or are they referring to someone from NASA, perhaps the backup crew, playing jokes on them, by stashing items in the LM and the stowed equipment...i understand, this sort of thing went on a fair bit among Astronauts at the time...mission patches stowed in every storage locker etc.

Ed knows what the deal is, i'd be interested if he would clarify this particular thing.

Not sure if this has embedded properly, but you guys know the drill...just click the YT link if it hasn't.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
I hope when these "ET's" make themselves known to the entire world they better hold a press conference. I only want to know some burning "why" questions ...

-Why did they wait so long to announce their presence to the world?

-Why would they make contact with governments that rule the masses instead of the people?

-Why have us kill and pollute this planet if they have the technology to show us how to eliminate it?

-Why give their technology secrets to the military so they can use it on us or use it to develop weapons for wars?

-Why did you allow the U.S. to use nuclear weapons in World War 2?

-Why would you let people who believed in your existence be the subject of ridicule? (I had to throw that one in there
)

---I also had a list of "How's" and "Who" questions but I digress...

Perhaps someday we will get those answers and perhaps it might be something like this:

You have always had free will and you CHOOSE to do with it as you will. We have not stepped in because this has always been the case. Yet you allowed yourselves to become enslaved by ambitious men and the threat of them taking away the paper away that you crave so dearly. You cannot set free a bird that has always been free. We watch in amazement from afar as you people choose to live as slaves when you never were.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Isn't anyone here with the "magic skill" to contact Mr Mitchell and ask him for hard evidence ?
Always go back to the source !
edit on 14-2-2011 by callacas because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join