It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Down Under

Originally posted by pshea38
But the moon landings are a proven hoax (to those of us with eyes to see and brains to process), so therefore, any disclosures from this man should be viewed with scepticism. Someone with credentials, paving the way for a false flag/psy-op, will come across to the interested public as being more credible. BEWARE - PROCEED WITH CAUTION....

Can you prove that if so then hundreds of staff at mission control on and off the ground are all liers, the engineers the astonaughts, and all thier familys etc etc.

Also the radio hams all over the world picking up Apollos banter

thats right. liars all. impossible photographs. media fakery goes back to then and beyond. numerous liars involved in fakeries that are 9/11, 7/7, mumbai shootings, madrid bombings, gulf oil spill.... i could go on. all fakery to push agendas. you can believe what you will. give enough people enough money and most will do pretty much anything. world is filled with lies and history as we think we know is utter tripe, sold to us fools by a complicit, soul-less, sold-out media.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

How about they are trying to make us think that the moon landing was a hoax, cause of what they found.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Is a well put discussion,but why they dont apply that 60's tcnology and avoid those tragedies like the spaceshuttles,and determine to go back to the moon???

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Let's just wait and see huh? I mean ... We could argue ALL day and night about this topic but at the end of the day all we can do is wait and see. Besides, since when do ET's pose a threat to national security? Hmm...I think it goes way beyond national security

edit on 14/2/11 by David291 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

if he is talking about it it then u can be assured that he has been told to because of his stature people will listen, it could be part of the freemasons trying to open up awareness to e.t's, i believe that for the last 10 years or so it has been the goal to make ufos and advance races to be introduced...look at every ufo tape they are far enough away that u can identify them yet close enough to see that they are not a conventional known objects, perfect for opening peoples minds without causing a panic like it would if one landed at say a football game..its all preporation and Mitchell is just part of it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

When ones profesion has to do with the subject manner it sure does make a better witness. The circles he is in and the fact he actually went to space. Also the diaper wearing maniac is also a better witness than most. Jealousy creates temporary insanity. She wasn't caught talking to the moon she just took an applied scientist approach to obsession. Anyhow I feel it was ridiculous to say ones profession doesn't make one a better witness. It's obviously not true. Even in court rooms expert witnesses are given more weight. If two people watch a movie and one is a director chances are the director would catch a lot more and tell you how it was done.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NavalFC

Several astronauts have gone insane, jumping to wild and crazy theories, one male astronaut went to a congress building with a gun and a knife, in his underwear claiming he was the "emperor" and all shall worship him.

You see when you go in space, you don't have the comfort of the earth's electromagnetic field that your brain relies on, you lose all sense of logic and meaning. Simply put you go bonkers.

That is why NASA today has an implemented electromagnetic field on the ISS (international space station) and other manned flights, to avoid losing more personnel to such damaging effects.

So the man in question should also question his sanity.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147
I find it unbelievable that a man of this stature, a true hero who has walked on the moon, can say these things, in full command of his faculties, and the world doesn't listen.

If an Apollo astronaut can say these things and have negligible effect, what hope is there for the rest of us...

You said it fox.

But i'll tell you something for nothing...if he stood up and said there were NO ET's or UFO's, *lots* of people would believe that wouldn't they!

Just that when he says there *are* ET's and UFO's, almost everyone say's...errm...yeah..ok, take it easy Dr. Mitchell..(he's getting on a bit, bless him)

Hypocrisy at it's finest.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Seriously has nobody considered the negative mental health risks that involve going in space? With the electromagnetic field of the earth you go nuts. Sure NASA has those on their ships, but it hasn't stopped hardware failure before now has it?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

You may have misunderstood my point....

Anyway, he touches on it, cryptically, near the end. The people he talks to, who are "actively involved", cannot tell him anything directly that they can't say publicly, either.

I think, though....when you know someone well, AND they have a secret and are compelled to keep it....you can intuit a lot. It's the old "Blink twice if what I said is close to the truth" game!

(...something like that....)

That's exactly my take on it too.

Ordered to keep their mouths shut means they cannot speak about it...but you can 'say' a hell of a lot, without even opening your mouth to do it. As you say, if you know someone very well, the simplest and briefest of glances from them, can tell you all you want to know.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Interesting that he claims to have further evidence but chooses to withhold it. Probably because it is officially secret and he would be breaking the law in revealing it. Something else he has never talked about is what he saw on the Moon, just like all the other Apollo astronauts.
Mitchell commented that King Crater looked like an open cast mine as Apollo 14 flew over it, and has never expanded on that. Apollo 17's Harrison Schmitt even made 'nudge, wink' comments to mission control concerning something he was examining which Houston might not have wanted included in the camera view. Gene Cernan photographed Shorty Crater, the floor of which is covered with artefacts
(Apollo 17 Image Library on nasa.gov, AS17-137-20993) and has never said a word.
Dr. Mitchell has said all this before (and is just as vague as always) and Buzz Aldrin talks of objects following Apollo missions on the way to the moon, and the Phobos monolith ( which isn't actually there, it was just a shadow), but none of them have ever risked incurring the wrath of NASA and the government by divulging what they really do know.
I guess the most we can hope for is a well-publicised deathbed revelation by one of the Apollo astronauts, who ensures the publicity guarantees his family's safety.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I am laughing my arse off here.

People keep yammering on and on for "Disclosure".
When will it happen?
Will it ever happen?
How will it happen?

Guess what sugar tits?

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
RIGHT NOW!!!!!!

and all I see are people who are too stupid to realize it.
I am now fully convinced that there are those unfortunate peolpe who cannot,will not, under any circumstance
believe that we are and have been visited by intelligent space fareing life from other planets.

They may SAY they believe it is possible but they just need proof.
Fine, here's proof.
"Ohh, well, that's not really proof, he was an Astronaut, Electromagnetic field this, mentally unstable that,"
You people DON'T WANT TO BELIEVE WHAT IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES!!!!
It threatens to bring crashing down your pretty little world view and everything you ever thought you knew.

This mans testimony would be good enough in a court of law!
Any prosecuting attourney would LOVE to have his testimony.
But not some people here.
It's not good enough because of Earths electromagnetic Field???????
You gotta be #ting me!!!!!

Now this has officially gotten rediculous!
I am OUT!!!!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anthony1138
reply to post by spikey

Seriously has nobody considered the negative mental health risks that involve going in space? With the electromagnetic field of the earth you go nuts. Sure NASA has those on their ships, but it hasn't stopped hardware failure before now has it?

The man is 88 years old mate, and in full command of his mental faculties, decades after returning from space.

I'd say that if he suffered brain damage from venturing into space, as you imply, it would have been a hell of lot more obvious, a hell of a lot sooner.

No mate, that's not it, and frankly it's a bit of a slur to suggest that, when it's obvious to anyone who's spent any time around geriatrics and those with dementia, that this guy is not saying what he is because of some degenerative disease.

He's getting older, and wants to get what he knows out before he goes. It's just a shame, we have to wait for the truth from these guys, until they feel they are on their last legs.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Atleast they are sharing more information with the masses.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
With about 1 million people claiming to know such sensitive information and about a dozen with credibility (witch means nothing...more on that later) We have to take ANY information like this with a grain of salt, before we start going about our lives with paranoid delusions of reality (set on by the release of sensitive information taken as fact)

With that said, I must immediately dismiss Dr Edgar and his claim. I don't dispute the argument that there MIGHT be alien life here on earth, but any number greater than ONE species would in my mind defy ALL logic. The smartest creatures on earth are predatory with humans being on top. Predators are smarter because of the skills needed to hunt, trap and kill prey. That is how we evolved, and that is a very good benchmark for how life would evolve elsewhere. With said said, I firmly believe that any and all ADVANCED alien species are or were predatory creatures at a point. IF an alien species stumbled upon earth and decided to stay or make repeated visits, they logically have a vested interest in us for whatever reason. I then call in to question the motives of their interest in such a lesser species...However, I'm veering slightly off topic, so I'll steer right back... The BIGGEST drawback of predatory behavior is that its hard to share and lesser species are simply cattle and slaves. That statement dictates almost all aspects of how and why things are the way they are here on earth with us humans dominating. Broaden that behavior and apply it to our alien visitors, how likely is it that there are SEVERAL species of extremely intelligent apex predators basking among us for whatever reason.

One more thing to think about. IF there are alien(s) walking among us and they are willingly keeping it secret, Logic will lead to the conclusion that we are in some way being exploited.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Bigfoot73

Another strange comment EM made while on the moon was something along the lines of;
EM to Shepard: Hmm..looks like we've had visitors again during the night...Shepard: Probably best not to talk about that..EM: I guess you're right.

He's never elaborated on that either.

Who were these visitors that left tracks for EM to find?

edit on 14/2/2011 by spikey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Some of his credentials and affiliations with the military I'm sure come with some security clearances and disclosure agreements punishable by law if violated I'm only guessing.

Something of such magnitude as this subject I think would carry a security clearance or security clearances.

No law violations have been brought against him that I know of.

I admit I have a flawed interpretation of things in just about every aspect of my life. I am fallible.

But my question is..Why would he be allowed to speak of these things.
A. Disinformation?
B. His Security Clearances have expired or have been taken down as a green light to disclose? Sort of being chosen as a PR guy and cleared for disclosure by the ones who have hidden this subject and wish to now share it with the public for whatever reason?
C. Is he a Rogue Whistle Blower and concerned citizen that has been on the inside that can navigate through the security clearance laws without breaking the law because he feels the people have a right to know?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

I think this interview is quite fascinating and very substantial especially because this man is THE Edgar Mitchell - he achieved much more than any of us here will ever be able to do in our lifetime. I don't think it's very bright to call the man crazy after claiming something that is controversial and perhaps against your beliefs. The negative effects on mental health of space-travel did not seem apparent in his speech, he talked eloquently and explained his experiences in great detail.

Taking into consideration what you have stated, I'm gonna postpone my decision and wait for more evidence.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Edgar Mitchell, has been discussing ET's and UFO for years. At least since the early 80's. I have been told by someone in the NASA community that there are 57 species of ET's. 2 that you would never think of as ET's are Sperm Whales and Dolphins, they did not evolve on earth. Dr. Barry Warmkessel, a great friend, has the best descriptions of ET's on His web site.

www.yaridanjo.warmkessel.com...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Can you cite the MET for this:

Another strange comment EM made while on the moon was something along the lines of;
EM to Shepard: Hmm..looks like we've had visitors again during the night...Shepard: Probably best not to talk about that..EM: I guess you're right.

Do you know if it was during one of the EVAs, or while they were onboard the LM in-between? I can scan through the transcripts, if the approximate time is narrowed down.

I find, though, the term "night" a bit odd....unless it referred to their sleep interval, between EVAs? (Since, of course, the Sun never "set" during their stay on the surface).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BTW, tooka stroll thru the transcript for their egress and start of EVA-2 (figured if EM made that comment, would be there??) Here, didn't find it, with aquick scan: On the Way to Cone Ridge: Geology Station A.

But, there is this humorous foreshadowing (pun!) reference (not aliens, sorry....but famous, nonetheless):

131:20:22 Mitchell: Well, it's nice to be out in the sunny day again.
131:20:25 Shepard: (As Ed jumps off the bottom rung) Yeah, it's a beautiful day here in Fra Mauro Base.

131:20:29 Haise: Sun ought to be a little higher today.

[It has been about 16 hours since the start of the first EVA and the Sun is now about 8 degrees higher in the sky.]

...skip...
131:20:40 Mitchell: Beautiful day for a game of golf. (Pause) Okay. (Long Pause as Ed reads his checklist)

...slip...
[Jones - "And you were in on the golf conspiracy?"]

[Mitchell - "Yeah. And that's the reference."]

edit on 14 February 2011 by weedwhacker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join