Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 21
226
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

log in

join

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by Bob Down Under
I do not think theres many sceptics who would like to take him on even though he said he has no real evidence to back up his claims as yet, no doubt one day the gag will come off..


He's a classy and innovative guy, but when it comes to wild claims, you've got to double check them as with anybody else. Are you ready to believe Noah's Ark exists on Mt. Ararat because moonwalker Jim Irwin claimed it does? Or that Uri Geller can teleport lost items, because a moonwalker says he saw him do it?

I've been in touch with Dr. Mitchell for years with respectful give-and-take.

I'm glad he tried that telepathy experiment, but I believe he massaged the results to create the impression of patterns that I can't find in them. And I've told him so.

Has anyone else ever read his paper on that experiment to decide for themselves? It's really the only paranormal experience he was directly involved in that is susceptible to independent verification. It's a good way to gauge credibility on other claims that cannot be verified.

Try to find the original paper on the Internet.





edit on 14-2-2011 by JimOberg because: spelling


So Jim, you're suspicious of these new fangled ideas from this bloke Isaac Newton, cos after all he did believe in Astrology and went searching for the Philosophers Stone?

Oh and this bloke Edison, I'd be very wary of what he says after all, he does fervently believe the human brain contains several miniature people who, when you die, pass onto another human being and take up residence in their brain.




posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex
 


if this small film shows a gray sphere guess who discovered it first from NASA films ? me thats who. and then it was sent out to the world by a friend of mine and it was used in the movie starring dwight yoakum and others-- ROSWELL ( may have been spelled Rosswell or Rosewell )
I am DERR, AKA DERRLL5 and my youtube videos are seen at name DERR 1 1 5 or DERRUFO360...why am I telling you ALL this ? Because I am the Derr who came to your site long ago when the object fell out of the sky off newjersey beaches (Normandy Beach) I think it was in Sep 2007. We had some laughs here at that time and I may have been a little harsh on you ATS operators so please feel free to go to that archive and add this addition from me...I was too impatient with ATS and I regret that and my comments that are there-- critical of ATS should be edited please... you deserve the respect you have earned...no need to leave any ATS website remarks of mine there....sure leave the DERR comments but I feel it is not fair to be critical of ATS. I was stressed at that time fearing an alien invasion. It doesnt help to tell you that I witnessed a unusual craft in the sjy near my place in the same month towards the end of Sep 2007 . I t bothered me quite alot. It is also one of the videos...the color of the object was black and red... thats all for now... I can be read online by googling the phrase DERR UFO or New Jersey UFO or TOBIAS Derr... your ATS site is doing well I hope. cheers.
This info on Mitchell is quite interesting...trust me.



posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Any progress in crafting a rationale response to this question?

Or the one about assessing Mitchell's space telepathy paper?

Otherwise, we seem to be reduced to swapping 'sincere personal beliefs' regardless of verification possibilities.


Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by DavinciThales

I got the wording wrong, but I got the concept right. It was a crew member on Discovery. And one of the astronauts said, "Houston, this is Discovery...We still have the Alien Spacecraft under observance."

Now that I look at the video again, I am not as convinced as I was before. Forgive me, it was 2am in the morning when I saw this. Perhaps its the incredibly cheesy music that worked when I was a sleep deprived zombie.



Before anybody tries to judge, wouldn't you agree it would be necessary that they know the full story of this tape, including the parts withheld by the promoters aiming at gullible audiences?

Mainly the part that the man who first recorded the tape now believes it was a ham radio operator's prank?



Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:51:37 -0800
From: sts48@ix.netcom.com (Donald Ratsch)
Subject: Re: NASA WAV file
To: bdzeiler@students.wisc.edu (Brian Zeiler)

Brian, yes I have the full story on that. The details was carried on
the July 1989 issue of the MUFON Journal. Briefly I recorded some of
the radio broadcast via my audio scanner from the space shuttle
Discovery through WA3NAN, the club station of the Goddard Amateur Radio
Club at Greenbelt, Md, transmitting on 147.450 MHZ. It is a
retransmission from the NASA Select original. I heard what I thought
was one of the male astronauts saying, "Houston, Discovery, we still
have the alien spacecraft under observance". Well I was pretty excited
and got in touch with Walt Andrus of MUFON and Vince Dipietro (Mars
Face Fame) who is employed at Goddard Space Flight Center who I later
handed over the tape to have a voice print analysis performed to
compare the target voice to the astronauts' voices that were aboard
during that mission. The result of the analysis showed that a few
positive hits on Astronaut Bagian (the physician on board) but not
enough hits to say he was the one who said the target words. So the
results were inconclusive. Later a check showed there was no target
voice on the original NASA Select audio.

About a year after that, I was again monitoring the audio from another NASA
mission via my scanner and I heard that voice again, saying something similar
to the target voice a year earlier. However on this mission, all the
astronauts were different compared to the other one. This led me to conclude
that unfortunately, the target voice was a hoax probably from an amateur
radio operator.





What's your assessment of promotors who will play you the tape
but not tell you the original taper's changed view?




posted on Mar, 4 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 


I just wanted to ask if you could maybe fill out your profile a little bit more for the benefit of people here who don't know who you are? I mean, I can comment on my opinion of Dr. Mitchell's statements and current state of mind but it really doesn't mean much since I don't know him and have never met him.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I get very confused whenever I see some guy who use to work for NASA show up in a comment area (messageboard) like oberg, notice he uses his real name ? there is a reason for that...I also notice when oberg started sending posts here no one else said anymore, almost as if this big O has the plague or something ...? Hey oberg? I remember you from the old web and deja news chatboards, you were big on discounting theories of ufo researchers about NASA hiding the truth on UFOs //Aliens back then too...Now you try to discount what NASA astronauts say ? My My how times HAVE changed eh ? haha -- DERR



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Their are several species of microorganisms visiting Edgar Mitchell's rear. I can prove that, but he cant' prove his own statement. Hoax

Next.



posted on Mar, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DERRUFO
I get very confused whenever I see some guy who use to work for NASA show up in a comment area (messageboard) like oberg, notice he uses his real name ? there is a reason for that...I also notice when oberg started sending posts here no one else said anymore, almost as if this big O has the plague or something ...? Hey oberg? I remember you from the old web and deja news chatboards, you were big on discounting theories of ufo researchers about NASA hiding the truth on UFOs //Aliens back then too...Now you try to discount what NASA astronauts say ? My My how times HAVE changed eh ? haha -- DERR


Facts don't change but new facts can appear requiring new conclusions. There's no need to discount what NASA astronauts say about UFOs encountered in space -- they all agree those stories are silly, crafted or conjured up for the eager-believer target audience. You still a card carrying member of that category?

My bio info at my home page www.jamesoberg.com describes how I'm a veteran of Houston Mission Control for many years with a side interest in space age myths and legends, and widespread popular misconpetions about spaceflight. I've also contributed significant new research results on many major worldwide UFO stories and what probably really lies behind them.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Facts don't change but new facts can appear requiring new conclusions. There's no need to discount what NASA astronauts say about UFOs encountered in space -- they all agree those stories are silly, crafted or conjured up for the eager-believer target audience. You still a card carrying member of that category?


So are people that think things have been seen out there all eager-believers? What about the object seen changing direction in the STS 102 mission?



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitoshura

Originally posted by JimOberg
Facts don't change but new facts can appear requiring new conclusions. There's no need to discount what NASA astronauts say about UFOs encountered in space -- they all agree those stories are silly, crafted or conjured up for the eager-believer target audience. You still a card carrying member of that category?


So are people that think things have been seen out there all eager-believers? What about the object seen changing direction in the STS 102 mission?


These kinds of videos do require investigation rather than shoot-from-the-hip debunking OR eager-believer 'UFO' designation. And these investigations require both time and familiarity with intricacies of genuine spaceflight operations.

I've published results of my investigations -- including interviews with eyewitnesses [what a concept!] -- of the most famous shuttle 'UFO videos', such as STS-48 and STS-80 and others. The investigation shows these are caused by nearby sunlit small objects, of typical shuttle-generated material such as ice or insulation fragments or similar sources, occasionally interacting with plumes from thrusters, water dumps, or other gas releases..

When these on-the-record completed investigations are independently verified and more widely accepted as persuasive [some folks will just NEVER believe they're not aliens], I'd be happy to invest the time and effort to look at second-string similar videos. They are on my 'to-do' list when more idle time appears in my life.

Otherwise, demands on me for an infinite series of 'but-what-about-THIS-one?' investigations by folks who've shown they won't ever accept prosaic explanations even for the cases already researched, is just a gimmick and a recipe for frustration.

After all, the STS-48 and STS-80 reports can serve as models for ANYBODY who seriously wants to investigate before jumping to certain 'belief'. I'm not a single-point failure in the process, I possess no monopoly on the process. If you're looking for the guilty parties for the mass confusions and misunderstandings of these superficially weird and unearthly looking videos, don't look at me.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
These kinds of videos do require investigation rather than shoot-from-the-hip debunking OR eager-believer 'UFO' designation. And these investigations require both time and familiarity with intricacies of genuine spaceflight operations.


Agreed, and glad to have you around to help with that when you can.


Originally posted by JimOberg
I've published results of my investigations -- including interviews with eyewitnesses [what a concept!] -- of the most famous shuttle 'UFO videos', such as STS-48 and STS-80 and others. The investigation shows these are caused by nearby sunlit small objects, of typical shuttle-generated material such as ice or insulation fragments or similar sources, occasionally interacting with plumes from thrusters, water dumps, or other gas releases..

When these on-the-record completed investigations are independently verified and more widely accepted as persuasive [some folks will just NEVER believe they're not aliens], I'd be happy to invest the time and effort to look at second-string similar videos. They are on my 'to-do' list when more idle time appears in my life.

Otherwise, demands on me for an infinite series of 'but-what-about-THIS-one?' investigations by folks who've shown they won't ever accept prosaic explanations even for the cases already researched, is just a gimmick and a recipe for frustration.

After all, the STS-48 and STS-80 reports can serve as models for ANYBODY who seriously wants to investigate before jumping to certain 'belief'. I'm not a single-point failure in the process, I possess no monopoly on the process. If you're looking for the guilty parties for the mass confusions and misunderstandings of these superficially weird and unearthly looking videos, don't look at me.


Ok, thanks for the reply anyway, and will have a look further into the stuff you've mentioned. I believe there's life out there now, but like to check things properly too and loathe jumping to conclusions without properly looking at the evidence. At best I suppose all we can hope for at the moment is that some evidence can't be debunked, but at the same time it's not exactly proof of aliens, more in the small percentage of evidence that just can't be explained one way or the other.

Just wondering though :

In your time working at Mission Control, did you and the people you worked with ever come across anything you couldn't explain one way or the other?

Do you know of the Russian Space Programs or the European Space Agency ever having any strange occurances that they couldn't explain?

And do you believe in the paranormal, or just think that it's all delusion and can be explained rationally?

Not going to get at you either way you answer, just wondering!
edit on 7-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I think there are phenomena of legitimate interest that are getting reported as UFOs and we are the poorer for ignoring possible discoveries because of 'the company they keep'... throwing out babies with bathwater, so to speak. There's enough blame to go around multiple times, here.

At NASA I never noticed anything that seemed essentially anomalous in UFO terms, but we were always wrestling with subtle mechanical and electrical 'funnies' that were devilishly difficult to run down -- some, we never did, we just learned to live with them. As for stuff seen outside, we were so used to 'normal' stuff that I kept arguing we weren't paying ENOUGH attention to potential visual signals about unknowns, such as clues to vehicle malfunctions, with the non-zero possibility of something else.

I have no problem contemplating the existence of stuff beyond our immediate senses -- I feel 'God' is as good an explanation as any for some fundamental features of the Universe. I have personally experienced enough sensations and coincidences not to pooh-pooh any suggestions of mind-to-mind communications beyond the known material processes. I am amazed at this Universe and in humble awe of its mysteries.



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
I think there are phenomena of legitimate interest that are getting reported as UFOs and we are the poorer for ignoring possible discoveries because of 'the company they keep'... throwing out babies with bathwater, so to speak. There's enough blame to go around multiple times, here.

At NASA I never noticed anything that seemed essentially anomalous in UFO terms, but we were always wrestling with subtle mechanical and electrical 'funnies' that were devilishly difficult to run down -- some, we never did, we just learned to live with them. As for stuff seen outside, we were so used to 'normal' stuff that I kept arguing we weren't paying ENOUGH attention to potential visual signals about unknowns, such as clues to vehicle malfunctions, with the non-zero possibility of something else.

I have no problem contemplating the existence of stuff beyond our immediate senses -- I feel 'God' is as good an explanation as any for some fundamental features of the Universe. I have personally experienced enough sensations and coincidences not to pooh-pooh any suggestions of mind-to-mind communications beyond the known material processes. I am amazed at this Universe and in humble awe of its mysteries.





Agreed with what you said in the first part, yeah. And thanks for the reply to the other questions. I always imagine there's quite a bit of strange stuff going on that NASA see, but I get that that's maybe just wishful thinking. Thanks again anyway.
edit on 7-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 7 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg
 


I respect any guy who has passion for what he does , Jim. Thats why I see you replied to me with class. I understand what is involved in this dilemma about the ufo situation aka the aliens we know versus the aliens we dont know cover up... I will not just show up in a forum you are familiar with and bush whack at you. Not my style. I will simply say it is easier for people to know what I am all about by googling the hell outta my online name -- derr ufo. As for you Jim , its been a long ride and glad to see you are still in the game. You can add insight to the ufo researcher field by keeping everyone honest or at least making them wonder what they believe in but word to the wise. my videos and those of others who analyzed moon films of NASA at youtube, well any one who is adept or smart or rational will come away wondering an awful lot about the ideas we post that there may be more wrong with the nasa moon films than are right about them and what about those fake moon rocks given out when the astronauts went on a round the world tour after the first man to walk on the moon arrived back to earth ? and one more odd thing...the press conference the Armstrong and crew had when they had left the bio-chamber isolation area, how come they looked so sad ? any one on this forum can see the videos of this if they look hard enough, unless the films are scraped off the internet by now. I saw alot of this material saying the moon films were made...on earth. I dont really have to get into what is going on at NASA long ago in the 1960s and I wouldnt put it on you Mr Oberg to answer for any crimes NASA managers may have committed but I want this impressive group of commenters here at ATS to know one thing : the investigator of the Apollo One Capsule fatal fire that claimed 3 astronauts lives. also was killed. after he had gone to a preliminary meeting with US congress ( this is all in wikipedia I am sure ) when he arrived home he later was found dead in his family car and guess what ? his wife and 2 children were with him...seems he didnt make it across some train tracks near home...my my...you would think he might not have any problem dealing with that obstacle but the bigger obstacle he faced was that his report never was found after the "accident" . His report stated that :
No Way NASA Could Get to the Moon in 10 Years or 50 Years (with the space capsule program he investigated...) Did I mention that the original space capsule design was destroyed in a fire and people died?
Yes the astronauts died... Grissom is seen in one film taken by news crews holding a lemon above the open hatch of the apollo one capsule during a photo shoot...get it yet ? people? US Congress did not account for this man's report. The man who died along with his family was a NASA employee who worked with the company making the capsule... The US Congress appointed this man (dead man[s name escapes me at the moment , I regret to say ) yet when he dies in a mysterious accident, there is no other copy of this report ???
People die when the stakes are high...Finding the killers is not as easy. -- Get it ? okay I made my point...
Mitchell can say whatever he wants about going to the moon, The films had to be made on Earth...No one will ever know if NASA went to the moon or not. Bingo. But we know a NASA investigator died. We know 3 veteran astronauts died . Concentrate on what you know and the mysteries start to be less unknown and unseen.

Nothing against you JIM O ... But my work in this area means I cover all the bases... Sorry I had to include some dirt on NASA in my reply to you...I am not implying in any way you are aware of any excesses at NASA..
OKay I said what I had to say. Mitchell is amazing is he NOT??? > ATS??? At his age and still making points and common sense and news...wow...what a guy....



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex
 
reply to post by gortex
 
reply to post by gortex
 



posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
ATS : BEFORE YOU REPLY, make every post matter...
Yes ATS I did that in my above LAST comment. I am sorry, I did not mean to set off such a big event / comment in what was a very interesting chat about the Mitchell guy. I wasnt trying to intimidate the conversation !!!
I feel like the guy who just entered the explorers' club and was left alone in the dining area due to the supreme smell coming off of me (my words in last comment above 24 hours ago )... Everyone left as fast as they could... it seems ....hmm.
I had a bad feeling it would be too much for the occasion ( my long comment before this one ) but I am sorry in that I do not ever try to demean or insult the people of NASA...My investigations into the UFO Cover Up are relentless and take me many places... I regret if my comments shocked some people. It is not overlooked by me that a NASA ship is in space on its way home again. I pray it lands safely. -- Derr PS : I am glad to see how even Mr Oberg is amazed and perhaps in Awe of what is coming to this planet from elsewhere. Will Miracles Never Cease....ho hum ....BTW below :
PS 2 : that person who sends messages here with the .... and then he/she .... sends a couple words and.... then.... that person is annoying using all the un-needed punctuation marks or whatever one can .... call.... this.... okay....



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
DERRUFO, are you channeling Charlie Sheen? Or else i'm really REALLY thick-headed this morning...



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You actually READ my comments ? haha



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
( Thought I might as well explain to all who read ATS why everyone stopped posting comments in this thread about the Mitchell guy...) Okay here goes...
While everyone waits to see if JimO and I , DERR O , will shoot it out in here, which I wont do, I just want to say : thank God the shuttle landed safely...after some of the accidents that occurred I studied the way the shuttle is made and all that and that is when I started to say ...My God I hope it Lands safely...almost the same thing...just saying...replace the manned space mission with unmanned craft...wake up humans, you are soft-bodied and cannot take it in space...and it cost alot of money to put Man into space...robots? not so much,



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Or maybe this one at 0.50


Wikipedia says :



During this mission, Mission Specialist Catherine G. Coleman was overheard reporting to Houston that "...We have an unidentified flying object." This is frequently mistaken to be an actual "UFO" sighting by an astronaut. However, as video footage from the mission shows, the astronaut was not near any window at the time of communication, and her "report" was said in jest and relating to a crewmember floating by.


Near the bottom of this part : en.wikipedia.org...

Has anyone seen the video footage of that? If not I'd love to know who it was that added "However, as video footage from the mission shows."
edit on 9-3-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 9 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DERRUFO
...replace the manned space mission with unmanned craft...wake up humans, you are soft-bodied and cannot take it in space...and it cost alot of money to put Man into space...robots? not so much,


Here's the thing: the human race is doomed if we remain on this planet. If we survive long enough the death of the sun will get us. More likely, and probably much sooner, another dinosaur killer impact, or killer plague, or even our own voracious consumption of resources and poisoning the environment may do us in. For the astronomical impact or plague we have no idea how long we have to prepare. Another dinosaur killer may appear in the skies at any time. While it's unlikely a disease will kill us all off it may kill enough of us off so civilization collapses. Viable, self sustaining colonies on the moon and mars and maybe jupiter's moons could provide us with a safety net. We are far from that right now but we ought to be seriously pursuing the technology that would let us establish those colonies. I am a child of the 1950s and most futurists of the time assumed we would be colonizing space by now. The cost and effort was too great and we backed away from space in the 1970s. I've always felt it was a mistake we will come to regret.





new topics
top topics
 
226
<< 18  19  20    22 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum