It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Edgar Mitchell "There are Several Species Visiting our Planet" Feb 12 2011

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jclmavg
This is a pretty sad ad-hominem. Seems to me the one in diapers is you.

Not an ad-hominem when what he says is clearly, at least to most people, delusional. Age gets us all just not in public for most of us.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

edit on 23-2-2011 by wasco2 because: to add

posted on Feb, 23 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wasco2

This is a pretty sad ad-hominem. Seems to me the one in diapers is you.

Not an ad-hominem when what he says is clearly, at least to most people, delusional. Age gets us all just not in public for most of us.

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

edit on 23-2-2011 by wasco2 because: to add
And another ad hominem, this is getting pretty lame. Phil Plait has hardly one percent of Mitchell's credibility. Other than his few drooling fans over at his blog no one knows Plait. This is however another fine example of pseudoskepticism: having a different opinion or claiming that anomalous phenomena exist "proves" you're delusional.

I did not know Plait had the necessary qualifications to make that determination. Do you? You're pathetic.
edit on 23-2-2011 by jclmavg because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I did not know Plait had the necessary qualifications to make that determination. Do you? You're pathetic.

I'm pathetic? When you're the one cheering for a senile old hero making outrageous claims without a single shred of credible evidence? Too funny.

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Has anyone else heard there were 57 species?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
In the NASA control room, they find so many abnormalities it is just normal. Just go on youtube and you'll see a bunch of clips on all the weird stuff going on in the main control room.

One clip, I recall the speaker announcing "We have confirmed an extraterrestrial vehicle". That is a jump up from a UFO.

It really is not a big secret. Edgar is just another prime example that extraterrestrials are not just a bunch conspiracy theories. The existence of them has credible, plausible sources.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
edgar mitchell`s statements dont suprise me

in the past theres the tall giants
or the tall entities with animal like heads
the samarians talked about the dagan - fish like creatures

we know many different kinds of entities exist, and of each entity theres probably many colours and types,
just like with humans

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DavinciThales
In the NASA control room, they find so many abnormalities it is just normal. Just go on youtube and you'll see a bunch of clips on all the weird stuff going on in the main control room.

One clip, I recall the speaker announcing "We have confirmed an extraterrestrial vehicle". That is a jump up from a UFO.

It really is not a big secret. Edgar is just another prime example that extraterrestrials are not just a bunch conspiracy theories. The existence of them has credible, plausible sources.

exactly, im done with even giving a damn about the skeptics
i blame the hoaxers more tha anything for discreditng things,
if you look up ufo on youtube first result is haiti which is a known hoax
but there are still thousands of confirmed cases with many witnesses theres no way they are ALL lying or simply mistaken

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

57 species of each race, maybe... but there has to be thousands of different kinds of them, i mean even the little we know about the `grays` theres so many different encounters

small ones
large ones
mantil grays
pink ones
`grey ones`

etc

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Many species...

Wonder what the aliens would think of us. We look so different depending on gender, age, etc... humans can be white or black... also our different "races" look different.

I guess Dr. Mitchell knows. After all, he's been to the moon and all.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   

One clip, I recall the speaker announcing "We have confirmed an extraterrestrial vehicle". That is a jump up from a UFO. It really is not a big secret. .

I don't question that this is the way you 'recall' it, or that you're sincere. It's just that your recollection could be delusional. You put words in quotations, that maybe don't exist on any videotape, and that's sloppy. And misleading. And part of the problem, not the solution.

Or I could have missed it myself. If so, I'd love to be corrected with checkable evidence. Please help me out and show it to me.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
"We have confirmed an extraterrestrial vehicle".

Please show it to me too!

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
As mentioned earlier, one can calibrate Dr. Mitchell's judgment on stories such as these by finding some of his claims on themes that can be independently verified. I suggest interested investigators take a look at his 1971 paper on his ESP experiments on Apollo-14, and how he took the raw data and interpreted it as strong evidence of ESP. Ask yourself if he followed a sound scientific approach, or not.

Funny thing is, as far as I can tell, that paper has never been posted anywhere on the Internet. Can anyone verify that, and then explain why not?

Only Mitchell's own conversational interpretations of the experiment -- NOT the raw data -- has been made available to the public.

I wonder why. Speculations?

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I believe this may be what DavinciThales is referring too .
At 5.15 on the video

Or maybe this one at 0.50

edit on 27-2-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Ya know, I have to admire Dr. Mitchell and recognize his bravery and contributions but it appears age has finally addled his brain. It's so sad when the great end up in diapers babbling to themselves.

I'm pathetic? When you're the one cheering for a senile old hero making outrageous claims without a single shred of credible evidence? Too funny.

That you find that Dr. Mitchell making outrageous claims without a single shred of credible evidence is entirely up to you of course, there is nothing wrong with that.
But why may I ask, do you first saying that you admire the man’s bravery and contributions and then at the same time ridicule and offending him as much as possible by making outrageous claims without a single shred of credible evidence.

That’s what I call debunking at its finest.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
I don't question that this is the way you 'recall' it, or that you're sincere. It's just that your recollection could be delusional. You put words in quotations, that maybe don't exist on any videotape, and that's sloppy. And misleading. And part of the problem, not the solution.

Or I could have missed it myself. If so, I'd love to be corrected with checkable evidence. Please help me out and show it to me.

I got the wording wrong, but I got the concept right. It was a crew member on Discovery. And one of the astronauts said, "Houston, this is Discovery...We still have the Alien Spacecraft under observance."

Now that I look at the video again, I am not as convinced as I was before. Forgive me, it was 2am in the morning when I saw this. Perhaps its the incredibly cheesy music that worked when I was a sleep deprived zombie.

Here it is you can judge it for yourself:

www.youtube.com...

edit on 27-2-2011 by DavinciThales because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

I got the wording wrong, but I got the concept right. It was a crew member on Discovery. And one of the astronauts said, "Houston, this is Discovery...We still have the Alien Spacecraft under observance."

Now that I look at the video again, I am not as convinced as I was before. Forgive me, it was 2am in the morning when I saw this. Perhaps its the incredibly cheesy music that worked when I was a sleep deprived zombie.

Before anybody tries to judge, wouldn't you agree it would be necessary that they know the full story of this tape, including the parts withheld by the promoters aiming at gullible audiences?

Mainly the part that the man who first recorded the tape now believes it was a ham radio operator's prank?

Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 18:51:37 -0800
Subject: Re: NASA WAV file
To: [email protected] (Brian Zeiler)

Brian, yes I have the full story on that. The details was carried on
the July 1989 issue of the MUFON Journal. Briefly I recorded some of
the radio broadcast via my audio scanner from the space shuttle
Discovery through WA3NAN, the club station of the Goddard Amateur Radio
Club at Greenbelt, Md, transmitting on 147.450 MHZ. It is a
retransmission from the NASA Select original. I heard what I thought
was one of the male astronauts saying, "Houston, Discovery, we still
have the alien spacecraft under observance". Well I was pretty excited
and got in touch with Walt Andrus of MUFON and Vince Dipietro (Mars
Face Fame) who is employed at Goddard Space Flight Center who I later
handed over the tape to have a voice print analysis performed to
compare the target voice to the astronauts' voices that were aboard
during that mission. The result of the analysis showed that a few
positive hits on Astronaut Bagian (the physician on board) but not
enough hits to say he was the one who said the target words. So the
results were inconclusive. Later a check showed there was no target
voice on the original NASA Select audio.

About a year after that, I was again monitoring the audio from another NASA
mission via my scanner and I heard that voice again, saying something similar
to the target voice a year earlier. However on this mission, all the
astronauts were different compared to the other one. This led me to conclude
that unfortunately, the target voice was a hoax probably from an amateur
radio operator.

What's your assessment of promotors who will play you the tape
but not tell you the original taper's changed view?

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
But why may I ask, do you first saying that you admire the man’s bravery and contributions and then at the same time ridicule and offending him as much as possible by making outrageous claims without a single shred of credible evidence.

Let me try again, I acknowledge he's a hero and has made important contributions to the space program at great personal risk and I respect and admire him for that. But those contributions were made decades ago and age gets to us all. My best guess is his recent comments are signs of an age addled mind but I suppose he could just be having fun with UFO nuts. By the way, his very claims are CREDIBLE EVIDENCE that his mind is going, or appears to be going.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Thanks, I'm going to give the interview a listen myself. S&F!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie

I recall seeing somewhere (can't think of where right now), that there were Over 9000.
I'll see if I can dig-up a link.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join