It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1994 Speech from Steven Seagal "On Deadly Ground"....Watch this!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If you haven't watched this film before, or saw this speech yet...
Take a few minutes and watch this video.
Steven Seagal is known for being an activist on certain subjects.
The video is from a movie made in 1994.
It fits the bill.

This is, by far, one of my favorite speeches from the guy.
In a way, this is VERY relevant to what's happening in the past few decades.
Very informative and thought provoking.

I believe that the speech sums up exactly what is controlling this world today.
Big business and huge profits.
Screw the people and the Earth.
Money rules all.

I searched ATS for this video and was unable to see it posted elsewhere.
It might be and if so, then I'll just bump the thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
More wise words...

From a true master :

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Good luck with this thread. When BP was leaking oil in the Gulf, a couple of threads about this video popped up, or was added into other existing threads. And WOW, I was shocked at how quickly the ATS members were ripping it apart. A lot of people don't seem to like Seagal, and most posters were talking about how little it matters that a star speaks out against something in a movie, when they are getting paid to say it.

Personally, I think this was a great speech, regardless of who wrote it or spoke it aloud. It has a lot of truth back then, and even more truth now. And I have always liked Seagal.

So, good luck and cheers!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

That was actually a really good speech and totally true! Thanks for sharing. I never knew Seagal played such an educated role in a movie. And to think I always thought he was just a fat Chuck Norris with a ponytail...

Side Note - Watch the trailer for "On Deadly Ground." It's a classic!
www.imdb.com...

Maybe, I'll give him another chance now.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Seagal is very educated and well spoken.

This was my favorite movie by him though, a true classic action flick with TONS of very deep philosophical wisdom throughout it.

Of course it's just a movie, and you have certain expectations in it.

I do actually see a good and positive message to mankind being presented in the film.

If people just respected each other's liberties our businesses would be way more responsible and just.

There is a line that is unacceptable to cross for profits, and that is when it tramples on other's rights and or damages their property or bodies. It's way across the line, and needs to come to an end.

It's time to rediscover responsibility and accountability.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Mr seagal is really a dude's dude.. he has never been in the tabloid for being a dirt/douche-bag. to the best of my knowledge anyway.

The man seems very grounded and out for good. Mellow, honest and modest.. i challenge anyone to find proof he is a jerk.. not that i argue, just curious as to if he ever acted like one, if so i'd be surprised and would like to know.

definitely a guy for any shtf dream crew..lol.. along with chuck norris and GSP.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Hard to speak when none will listen, especially when you threaten there income, people are not overly conscious along as the money is flowing. people are forced into slavery to live in furious state of mentality. There born ignorantly into it, it's a forced adoption. The only alterative is too collaspe it, since its a believed concept is getting others too see it.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by lasertaglover
reply to post by havok

And WOW, I was shocked at how quickly the ATS members were ripping it apart.

ATS has unfortunately been overrun by a lot of brainwashed right wing drones ever since Obama got elected. These people attack anything to do with the environment because they are being programmed by their ideological overlords to believe this is all some sort of elaborate eco-nazi hoax perpetrated by crazy Liberals.

Meanwhile pretty much the entire Republican party today has been hijacked by big business hacks and oil lobbyist shills who are only concerned with protecting their pollutocrat agenda. See for example:

Koch brothers now at heart of GOP power

The billionaire brothers who are waging a war against Obama
Documented reasons why Koch Industries is the most vile and counterproductive company in the US
Factsheet: Koch Industries: Secretly Funding the Climate Denial Machine
Koch-Funded Oil Rally Calls Global Warming A ‘Hoax,’ Dismisses Oil Spill, And Attacks Democrats

So it's kind of funny but also quite sad how some Hollywood goon like Steven Seagal gets the conspiracy 17 years ago way better than a bunch of people today who think they're some super un-brainwashed conspiracy theorists now...

edit on 13-2-2011 by mc_squared because: a few more links for good measure

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

I'm sorry, but it seems to me that you are part of the problem as well. I personally believe that both parties are control mechanisms, and that people follow both parties blindly.

Both the Re-punk-licans and the Demo-rats are the problem.

An example of this is your post. Any Re-punk-lican that comes in here is going to get ticked off at you, and then more Demo-rats will start coming in, and the next thing you know, everyone forgets about Seagal's clip.

It's not a party thing, it is a control thing. And no offense, but you have been controlled as well as the sheeple of the GOP.

But, all of this, including your rant about the Re-punk-licans is taking away from the main thing here. This is a darn good clip from a darn good movie.

Peace, cheers, and good luck!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ive never seen this video before thanks for posting..Its very informative and i do like Seagal..the best part of this video is its all very true with a heart felt positive message..

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I'm not even American - so I could care less about the Demo-rats or the Re-punk-licans feelings. All I care about is the truth. Everything in my post is factual. People need to deal with it, and that's it. If it gets their panties in a bunch to find out how brainwashed they're being that still makes them part of the problem, not me. A typical reaction in this situation is to just attack the messenger,

People need to get over their brainwashed ideologies and stop projecting the insecurities that come with them on to everyone else.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mc_squared

Yes, people need to stop bneing brainwashed, but the liberal agenda is the same brainwashing mechanism as the conservative.

Or, are you saying your way is the only way?

Truth is the only thing that matters, and both sides distort the truth.

Deny Ingorance!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Great movie, great actor, with a conscience, intellect, light. Thank you for this thread. This is another approach to use to get the message through to some.

We have to get together and start to wake people up locally. The kind of meeting he is showing is how we have to start. Form Groups. Survivalists/Awareness Groups, 10 even in the beginning, and start to make your presence known and show good videos. Find some church basement or room to hold the meetings. He's not only giving the speech but showing the only way it can work to educate people grass roots and locally.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
According to Wikipedia (whatever thats worth) the original speech at the end of the movie was 14-15mins long and they edited it before release

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that Seagal is a recognized tulku. For those who are unaware of what a tulku is, it is a Tibetan Buddhist master who is able to choose the next body in which he reincarnates. There aren't many tulkus, but they are highly respected, such as the Dalai Lama. It's an interesting phenomenon and people should research it some if they're interested.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
if he is so super peaceful why did he beat on kelly le brock while they were married?

is this the behavior of an enlightened master of the way?
search anywhere and find stuff like this...
Kelly Lebrock shocking things about ex husband

before the internet we used to get news like this to help distract us from the way they were changing our world..

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Why are they sending people to the moon before finding better ways to source renewable energy? Why are they spending so much money on a cure for aids when all you need to do is stop having sex or coming into contact with bodily fluids from an infected person?

If I had a seagull as a pet I would name it Steven Seagull

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
You see, it wasn't about the man in the speech, but the meaning.
Because in a very honest way, this direction on Earth is the wrong path.
Destruction of our environment for profits and greed is wrong.
And I'm no hippie...

The average working class gets involved with this line of work because it pays well. Oil rigging, logging, waste disposal, natural gas drilling...ALL these jobs can be successfully maintained while keeping our soils/waters clean. But people don't think about what they are destroying while working for the scum buckets that employ them. The workers only think about one thing: The Money. While the business that employs only thinks about one thing: The Profits.

It becomes a dangerous situation when the gov't has to step in and regulate/fine companies to keep them clean.

Why won't people take it upon themselves to keep Earth clean?
Why do we need a babysitter?

Seems to me that greed stems from the heart of man.
So maybe our western culture actually nutures a destructive/greedy lifestyle.

Oh wait. It does.
I guess one could pass the blame equally here...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by IntastellaBurst

Hey can you explain what he means in your video...I am a lil slow today. Oh an did you all know Seagal trained Anderson Silva the best fighter on the planet, that's just wow.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join