It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the howling of a Bigfoot?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

hi King5 my name is Matthew and I live in Rainier WA.
on Friday night I was playing Xbox live with my friends it was 3:30 am when I herd the first cry.
I tried off all my electronics and hit the rec on my cellphone. and I herd it the next night around the same time.
then my sister and her friend herd it Saturday around 12:00 pm wail she was leveling the house.
and it was the last time we all herd it.. so I got on you tube and started looking for sounds that Mach my recording and I found 1.
is on monster quest but I still don’t know? I was thinking it could be a mating call that big foot dues to look for a mate.
or a dog howling or a fox call but I don’t know?
so if you guys can help me it would be cool…

Compare it with this one...

While on a backpacking trip in the Sequoias last October we encountered some unusual events that prompted me to post this for others that know more about this subject to hear. The track has already been ID'd.

There were several things that made this trip so extraordinary. The profound quiet and almost complete lack of wildlife. No squirrels, blue jays, raccoons or bears around camp, although there was plenty of evidence of their presence(tracks). The only large animal that we saw was a deer about 1.5 miles from camp going towards the lake. Other than that, complete stillness. Another thing that stands out is that nothing bothered our packs or the trash at any time. We didn't hang our packs. The trash bag is visible in the video and easily accessible to anything that can climb or rear up. Then of course there's the noise/yell.

The second video scared the hell out of me. I was sitting at the computer just freaked out, I have no idea what I would do if I heard that in the woods. I think I heard a bear once and almost died.

Just thought I would post this to see what all of you think. They are interesting videos none the less.

Not sure if I have ever heard any animals like this, but, then again, I'm no expert.

Any thoughts?

Pred...

Source

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
oooor a wolf

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Sounds like it, but you need to provide info and context:

Where?
What time of day?
Conditions?
Elevation?
What were you doing?
Was it accompanied by anything else, like wood knocking?
Also, make clear in you initial post where the sound starts in the audio message since the howling is faint.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
[off-topic content removed]

The second video does not sound like wolves...

Pred...

edit on 2/13/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I'm wondering if this could be coyotes howling in a distance i hear similar sounds at night coming from the woods..they run in packs and can get very noisy (just a thought)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I've never heard coyotes or wolves that sounded like that in real life.

Maybe it's a bobcat or something?

I don't know though, just trying to think outside the "bigfoot box".

Don't get me wrong though, I'm totally open to the hypothesis that bigfoot type creatures exist.

We just need way more proof. (If it exists there may be some type of cover up).

There are countless reports, it seems very possible.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

your probably right i was just throwing something out there lol..I'm not sure what the noise is

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It's exactly the same kind of sound as this one:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I've been around coyotes, wolves, bears, cougars (mountain lions) and other large to medium sized cats my entire life, and I have never heard anything like this before. The cats tend to make a sound similar to a woman scream/cry, if they make any sound at all. These sounds are incredibly low pitch, guttural, and the fact that they go on consecutively makes me wonder.

I have an aunt who stays up in a house in the middle of an Oregon forest up on a mountain about 20 miles from any city; one night she said she was awoken by what she described as "Deep yelling that sounded like a mix of a hyena and a ape" She had lived up there all her life and had encountered many different forms of wildlife and said she had never heard something like this before. She came over during a thanksgiving and told our entire family the story (she had even called her boyfriend to come pick her up because she was so terrified, it was 2am or so)

We ended up looking some alleged Bigfoot sounds on youtube, and after trial and error we found one that she said sounded exactly like what she heard that night. She kept telling us it wasn't Bigfoot, she didn't believe in Bigfoot. Yet after hearing that, she was pretty convinced.

The audio clip we compared her experience to:

www.oregonbigfoot.com...

The purported evidence all over the world is pretty astounding, considering the fact that if this creature exists; it would be the most elusive large animal in history.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Big foots are very smart an have British accents they don't run around in the woods shouting at wolfs. Use your common sense.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AsimpleAbstraction

I have an aunt who stays up in a house in the middle of an Oregon forest up on a mountain about 20 miles from any city; one night she said she was awoken by what she described as "Deep yelling that sounded like a mix of a hyena and a ape" She had lived up there all her life and had encountered many different forms of wildlife and said she had never heard something like this before. She came over during a thanksgiving and told our entire family the story (she had even called her boyfriend to come pick her up because she was so terrified, it was 2am or so)

Please do apologize to your dear aunt for me. Never use gasoline to start a camp fire! I'm just now getting my eyebrows back and you would be amazed at how much ground one can cover when they burst into flames. Now that really smarted.

I saw a special last night on bigfoot. They were covering sightings from all over the world. There are so many sightings that it is mind boggling that no one has a good photo of it. Ah, but we do have recordings of strange noises! Or screams from someone lit ablaze.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Please do apologize to your dear aunt for me. Never use gasoline to start a camp fire! I'm just now getting my eyebrows back and you would be amazed at how much ground one can cover when they burst into flames. Now that really smarted. I saw a special last night on bigfoot. They were covering sightings from all over the world. There are so many sightings that it is mind boggling that no one has a good photo of it. Ah, but we do have recordings of strange noises! Or screams from someone lit ablaze.

I guess the potential for hundreds of recorded people lit on fire in the forest screaming (and sounded almost identical) makes for a more sensible theorem than an elusive wild animal in its own habitat.

Also I forgot to mention, an important part of what she told me is that every time she heard that sound (it came from a meadow around 300 yards from her house) another similar sounding callback was sounded from farther inside the forest. (she said around 1/2 mile away) Like there were multiple.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Very strange!

I am afraid if i heard that,whilst out in the wilds,i would be heading for home pretty sharpish!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Not coyotes , not wolves , and not any kind of cat or bear I have ever heard . Other than that , interesting .

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

No , not coyotes . Coyotes are a sound I am very familiar with . This is not from coyotes .

Coyotes only howl when standing still , when running they make more of a 'yipping' and 'yapping' sound . And as the guy in the vid said , the sounds were on the move .

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I live in Alberta and have heard wolves, bears and coyotes. These noises are none of the above.

Are they Bigfoot? Who knows, but they are of something unidentified.

I have been woken up countless times by coyotes and their shrills are something that cannot be misidentified. I do not think that wolves have such a low pitch, or none that I have ever heard of, and I have never heard a wild cat.

I'm not too sure what it is but I know what it isn't.

Pred...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

If heard that and i was home alone id be terrified i lIve out in the sticks surrounded by woods Ive heard strange things at night but nothing like that

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I am certainly no Daniel Boone or Davy Crocket but I do live in the country and I have learned the hard way that the fox is the enemy of my chickens and ducks. One must know his enemy after all!

To me sounds like a fox.

Here is a link to some common fox calls nad thier respective meanings.

Fox Calls

Most specifically listen to the wav files...

Most likely its

Beautiful howl-like crying.

Strange, haunting fox with birds in the background.

Sounds like a fox distress call.

A fox calling out warning others this is his territory.

Could be one of those...

edit on 13/2/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/2/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Both recordings sound like a coyote or a wolf or even a large dog to me, each individual animal sounds slightly different and there are many types of calls that each animal makes. The environment and weather will have an effect on sound too.

edit on 14-2-2011 by Versa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join