It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hair is like a Plant.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Hair is awesome first of all. I know it is just dead keratin, but to me, it is much more.

I used to have long, luxurious, straight hair. It took years to get it to how it was. Years of careful training, praise, and love. I loved it and it loved me.

But, it almost seemed like easy mode at that point. I had my hair exactly how I wanted it, so where do i go from here? Well, I decided to start anew and buzz it all off.

Talk about liberating. I felt like a brand new person. Hair carries emotions and memories, and it was like that was all reset and I was able to start anew.

It felt good to be "full faced" again instead of hiding behind my hair. I love the term "talking full faced" because you are presenting yourself fully to other people.

It has made me feel more confident and I don't have to worry about my hair anymore. It is a great feeling.

Anyway, I buzzed my hair a month ago. One month later, it is growing nicely and I plan to grow out my hair again. It is really like a plant. You can watch it grow over time, and it is like it represents personal growth as well.

Sometimes, when the weeks and months blend together, I know time has elasped because my hair continues to grow. It is really cool.

Overall, hair is a very interesting thing, and I liken it to plants because love and care will help it prosper.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I buzzed my hair a week ago, I know the feeling well, and its great if you have a beautiful face like myself

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANClENT
its great if you have a beautiful face like myself

Exactly. hahhah. Now when I see people covering their face with their hair, it makes me feel like they are trying to cover flaws or something. Know what I mean?

Feels good to have my whole face showing. Great feeling. I can even see more because bangs/fringe aren't blocking my view.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SolarE-Souljah

I was growing my hair out for about a year, but I get tired of taking care of it, sometimes it becomes stressful waking up with a bad hair day as well, having it short makes you look well groomed/cleaner or so thats how I feel

But yeah everytime I buzz it, I feel like a new me
edit on 13-2-2011 by ANClENT because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I tend to shave my head in the hotter time for ease and comfort. sadly i live in a very ignorant racist town and i cant shave my had without being called redneck and smacked in the back of the head or white supremest and gettin rolled up on... about hair being like plants. Messaging your scalp and getting oxygenated blood to the head can make hair grow fuller. seems a little plantlike

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gougitousakusha

I know the feeling as well, except they confuse me for a gangster or something

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The "Vril" society, of which Adolf Hitler was a member, believed that the extra long hair of their women members acted like an antenna that picked up signals from beings that lived within the hollow Earth.

Thats the only interesting thing I can remember about hair.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I shave my head every few weeks or so (guard 3 or 4 all over), it gets thick really fast. I like having short hair, and it doesn't cost anything compared to getting it cut by someone every month or so. Having my hair really short makes my jaw more defined too
edit on 13/2/2011 by Griffo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Im letting my hair grow out, as well as a huge beard. i like having both. Its not to hide, more like seperation. i feel like im given more room by other people. Hard to explain. But I dont hide anything in my actions and comments to people. lol

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Is that why women tend to never forget or move on, while men can easily do that?
Never thought about it in that way.
Shaving hair should be used in rehab.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sallamy

Wow, you bring up an amazing point, especially since women tend to grow their hair out much longer than men.
Imagine years and years of negative energy stored up in there. Sheesh.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I haven't washed my hair in over 6 months, it doesn't smell like anything.
You don't need to wash your hair all the time, washing it will make it brittle and dry.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I dont know about the rest of you, but I used to have a huge afro. Now its about medium length.

Long hair is majic, i dont know what i would do without it.

Back when my hair was super long, I did better in school, slept better, had better dreams, had a place to hide my pens
, had shade in the summer (seriously), and did better in sports.

Then my sister made me cut it, and now all the majic is gone, but its starting to grow back.

I dont see how short hair is even legal. It should almost be outlawed. There should be minimum lengths on how long your hair can be, if you ask me.
edit on 13-2-2011 by OracleOfEssences because: in soviet russia, hair grows you!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Wait until you properly delve into the powerful world of beards and moustaches
If the hair is the plant then the moustache is the roots

Just whatever you do try to avoid the toothbrush moustache nobody seems to like them anymore for some reason

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OracleOfEssences

Of course, I love long hair too. But it is always nice to start fresh. Like I said, I'm gonna be growing it out again, but I have never started from scratch for like 10 years, so I wanted to give it a try.

I also believe long hair holds much power and majix.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Oh look, some facebook group has declared holy war against guys with long hair.

www.facebook.com...

These guys need to be punished. They cannot discriminate against us men with long hair. I say we gather and launch an attack against that group all at the same time. Whos with me!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OracleOfEssences

maybe it was here, but somewhere i read about the army spec forces actually did research on scouts and discovered long hair heightens the senses. when they shave the heads of the native american scouts, their skills were significantly diminshed to the point of failure. they even put pairs side by side, tested them, then cut one of the pairs' hair and discovered that the ones with longer hair performed better consistently.

I have either shaved or buzzed my hair since a teen, now 35, im finally going for the "jesus" hair look.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

Yeah i read that article too, cool story. Kinda reminds me of samson in the Beyebull

Im only 16, ive had long hair since i was 13, im never going back.

Originally posted by OracleOfEssences
Whos with me!

Nobody??

edit on 13-2-2011 by OracleOfEssences because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I didn't have my hair cut from the age of about 14-25 by that time it was more then halfway down my back. then I met an uber fashionable girl that persuaded me to cut it, she took me to a Japanese hairdressers that she knew who gave me a rabbit to stroke while she cut away my locks
and I haven't looked back since.

I like playing around with my hair now and change it all the time

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I shave my head every two days or so. No wonder I can't remember anything.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join