It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Geiger Counter do You have in Your Go-Bag?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I have a number of Direct Read Pocket Dosimeters and the Charger for them.

They are light weight and no batteries needed.

I have them in the 0 to 200 milliroentgen 0 to 200, 0 to 600 roentgen range.
www.civildefensemuseum.com...

My collection of dosimeters is a mix of old civil defence and military models but they last forever and can be used as a Geiger counter by doing timed exposures to the outside using a string line to reel them outside then recover them after a timed exposure.

posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Just a thought, this device and the geigercounter are used for the chance occurrence that you need to be up to date on the radiation levels. However, my thought is: how do you know the nukalert isn't a scam? It's not like you can really test it until the fateful day arrives, right?

I suppose you could go out into the desert where a practice bomb has been let off or take a trip to the Ukraine...

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
reply to post by Violater1

Just a thought, this device and the geigercounter are used for the chance occurrence that you need to be up to date on the radiation levels. However, my thought is: how do you know the nukalert isn't a scam? It's not like you can really test it until the fateful day arrives, right?

I suppose you could go out into the desert where a practice bomb has been let off or take a trip to the Ukraine...

Or, you could ask the local hospital to place it in the X-ray room.
Just a thought.
edit on 20-2-2011 by Violater1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
IMO the simple reality is this:

If you can't accurately and reliably measure radiation in YOUR environment, you’re not prepared. This statement was true before the Japanese tragedy in part because of all of the raw materials being taken out of the ground from around the world and modern supply channels spreading said material. It is only intuitive that "stuff" coming out of the ground can be radioactive.

Case in point:

uk.reuters.com...

Now in most cases this is lower level radiation, but I think most people would want to be aware and without a detection device there is little probability of generating awareness.

What do I carry in my Go-Bag? The PRM-8000 Geiger counter from Mazur Instruments.

www.mazurinstruments.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join