It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

What Geiger Counter do You have in Your Go-Bag?

page: 1
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Mods please place where appropriate.
With the change in current events going from bad to worse, I have updated my go-bag with a Geiger Counter.
In the event of a false flag or dirty bomb attack, I'll be able to sniff out the radiation with one of these. This is my personal favorite, and it is in my go-bag.
www.imagesco.com...
If you have a smaller better one, please let me know.
When I ordered mine, I sent them a money order, no credit card history. It was UPS'ed to a hotel

That's all I'm going to say.




posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


That is good but I went with the nukalert keychain for half the price. It will give me all the necessary info and it is much smaller



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Wouldn't a Geiger Counter be rendered useless because of the EMP the nuclear bomb will release?
Is there a non - electronic Geiger Counter?

It would be fairly useful if a dirty bomb exploded in your area but it would probably be useless for a big one.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Segador because: Also, this probably belongs in the Survival forums



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by KevinB
 


Thanks, I never heard of the nukalert. I will be getting one of those myself.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB
reply to post by Violater1
 


That is good but I went with the nukalert keychain for half the price. It will give me all the necessary info and it is much smaller



Thank you.
I'm researching it now.
Here is the link,
www.nukalert.com...



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Bought two that work just fine for 20.00 at a yard sale.Made in the 90's for a fallout shelter.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Segador
 


I think the EMP only effects electrical equipment which is in use when it goes off.

^^^Not sure about this BTW.

I hadn't even thought of a Geiger counter for the ole bag. Also I like the term 'Go Bag' short and sweet! I'll be checking out this Nukalert thanks for the heads up.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add uncertainty.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Nukalert is also military certified emp hardened so it would survive an emp, thats why I went with it.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
LOL.

Radiation is being sprayed in the skies constantly.

Tell me how your meter reads on a hazy day. Better yet, come up to Mount Shasta...


TPTB want to keep us weak and fearful, not vaporized.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Seems paranoia is a good business to be in.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner
reply to post by Segador
 


I think the EMP only effects electrical equipment which is in use when it goes off.

^^^Not sure about this BTW.

I hadn't even thought of a Geiger counter for the ole bag. Also I like the term 'Go Bag' short and sweet! I'll be checking out this Nukalert thanks for the heads up.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Big Raging Loner because: To add uncertainty.


Naw! "We don't need no stinkin' badges" or geiger counters. A properly trained human should hear a very loud noise as a indication that a big bomb has exploded. A dirty bomb will be on the news before the downwind drift catches you. If your geiger counter tells you that you are in a hot zone, bend over and kiss yourself.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner
 


EMP affects any electronic device whether or not it's on or not.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by Big Raging Loner
 


EMP affects any electronic device whether or not it's on or not.


Sorry, that is too broad of a statement. My understanding is that some devices offer some natural protection, others are specifically caged to shield them.



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha
 


EMP affects most devices, powered up or not. Only a device specifically hardened is likely to remain operable, but that's still only "likely". It's basically a crap shoot and depends on the density and distance of the pulse from the device.

Anyone interested in an in depth discussion of EMP should check this out and all data related the US Navy's Empress II experiments in EMP effects:

www.globalsecurity.org...



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

They wont help you at ALL and here is why...

Either they are so senstive that just turning them on would FREAK you and everybody with you out as they cracle IMMEDIATELY and don't stop... or they are so INSENSITIVE that you have to be at ground zero within 1 hr to even register a reading and you'd be glowing toasty by then anyway!


Sorry to inform you of that but my uncles has given me the latter and told me why etc, and he is a scientist who has expertly researched uranium mining in Australia.


Personal Disclosure: Basically the big yellow device is there and is to be used to decide on course of action taken. If it crackles when SHTF then OL really doesnt want to be around for long at all OK!



posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger
 


Right you are and thank you for the correction.Appreciated.



posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by mydarkpassenger
 


Right you are and thank you for the correction.Appreciated.


Gee lone, you've corrected me two or three times I think. Thank you!
edit on 14-2-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Dropped another word out..



posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger
 


Hope I was correct when I did......



posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

They wont help you at ALL and here is why...

Either they are so senstive that just turning them on would FREAK you and everybody with you out as they cracle IMMEDIATELY and don't stop... or they are so INSENSITIVE that you have to be at ground zero within 1 hr to even register a reading and you'd be glowing toasty by then anyway!





Actually, the one that I have in my Go Bag is very easy to understand, has two types of sensitivity switches, and has volume control.



posted on Feb, 19 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Violater1
 


In 'the Power of Nightmares' Adam Curtis kind of debunks the whole fear of the dirty bomb idea - the fallout wouldn't be all that bad apparently, too little radiation spread over too large an area to really cause that much damage..



new topics

top topics



 
3
<<   2 >>

log in

join