It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Us VS Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Just out of curiousity, does anyone think that if aliens did declare war on us one day (theoretical situation), would we stand much of a chance in a war of that magnitude???

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   
If there are aliens that have the technology to travel from outside our galaxy to get here then I really doubt that we will have weapons capable of defending ourselves, they will be too advanced.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:33 AM
link   
If cows could talk and they rebelled, do you think we would be able to win the war? Watch out for their horns, they hurt. Or would it be better to kill all the cows and wait generations for them to replenish? And just for the record. Cows don't "Mooo", they "Merrrrrr"

cheers,

StickyG

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Too advanced. If we could find a weak spot they may have then, maybe. There would also be numnuts that would fight on their side against their own kind.....scary

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by StickyG
Cows don't "Mooo", they "Merrrrrr"

Wow, now that we got that cleared up......... lol

Back on topic, which race do you think most likely to start a war with us???

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Welcome to Terra Ranch is right! *LOL*

None of the alien races wish to start a conventional war with us. It is their desire to just continue to harvest us selfishly just as they have been for many thousands of years.

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Just out of curiousity, does anyone think that if aliens did declare war on us one day (theoretical situation), would we stand much of a chance in a war of that magnitude???

Hey, we can't even get a Mac to talk to an IBM, but Jeff Goldblum used it to spread a virus in an alien computer system...

Seriously though,

I think the fact that we are still here indicates that we CAN hold our own, at least well enough to give them pause. I'm more in agreement with Corso's opinion (see the book, The Day After Roswell) in this. All throughout the 80's we were launching military satellites to counter this threat (under Reagan, and later Bush, Sr.) Nukes can hardly be compared to a cow's horns... We have the power to destroy a planet people.... Now, some would argue the incidents of missile interference, etc. Much of this has since been largely resolved (EMP shielding, etc.) and these incidents were a while ago...

Think back to that NASA footage that stopped the live broadcasts from the shuttle....(the missile fired at the UFO)...

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

We have the power to destroy a planet people.

Hi Gazrok,

That's true...and so do they I might add!

Secondly, they are here and we are not on or around their home world; this gives them a significant strategic advantage.

On a related issue...

There is an inconsistency in the government that I would like to raise.

On the one hand, as you pointed out, you have evidence of a rudimentary Strategic Defense Intitiative (SDI) already in place. On the other hand, there are abductee reports of being taken to underground installations and seeing uniformed US soldiers working alongside Zetan-Greys.

What gives?

Can it be that there are different facets of the US government that are working against each other, albeit covertly?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
We have missiles aimed at the Russians, yet we also work alongside them in MIR...

What's your point?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
My point was that they could nuke us and still have the safety of their home world being out of our reach.

>

Yes, but when was the last time you heard about the US firing a missile at a Russian vessel, be it in the air, in space, or in the water?

[edit on 15-7-2004 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Think back to that NASA footage that stopped the live broadcasts from the shuttle....(the missile fired at the UFO)...

Wasn't that proven to be non ufo related?
I remember reading about how the flash was the boosters firing and the object was the stuff on the window moving away as the ship moved?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   

where would one go about finding this video?

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The video is here on ATS somewhere I'm sure...I've seen it many times...search the archives....

Wasn't that proven to be non ufo related?
I remember reading about how the flash was the boosters firing and the object was the stuff on the window moving away as the ship moved?

That was one of NASA's claims, but it doesn't explain the flash (they claim lightning, even though it was the wrong altitude) nor does it fit the timing. Some old good friends of mine had the NASA channel on satellite and remember when the live broadcasts were terminated. Wish I could remember the details, maybe someone else here does...of when it was taken off....

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   

The video is here on ATS somewhere I'm sure...I've seen it many times...search the archives....

Wish I could remember the details, maybe someone else here does...of when it was taken off....

www.qtm.net...

The one you are referring to is called STS-48.

posted on Jul, 16 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
but I doubt the sts-48 video is anything else but a booster firing...
here's why:

- if indeed that bright flash originated from earth (which would be australia btw) can you imagine how bright it would be down at earth level given the brightness from space? There would of been _alot_ of commotion/reports...

- secondly, the 'objetcs'. take a close look at it again. Now look at any other on-screen objects. Notice anything? All the particles move in the *same* direction. Iff only one object had moved in a different direction we could argue, but when they all move at the same time in the same direction..

top topics

join