It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left is mean but right is meaner, says new study of political discourse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
So republicans are mean AND uneducated. Wowsers.

Interesting point you have there jonnywhite
I'm kidding. But that's really interesting.

It sounds like republicans really do believe in over education.

Originally posted by jonnywhite

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
So, basically a very liberal left-wing college, from one of the most liberal left-wing states of the union has decided that right-wingers are mean.

How about a study from a source with a little less intrinsic bias.

Check this out:
community.babycenter.com... y_so_few_republican_scientists_poll_discussion

Most scientists identify as Democrats (55%), while 32% identify as independents and just 6% say they are Republicans. When the leanings of independents are considered, fully 81% identify as Democrats or lean to the Democratic Party, compared with 12% who either identify as Republicans or lean toward the GOP. Among the public, there are far fewer self-described Democrats (35%) and far more Republicans (23%). Overall, 52% of the public identifies as Democratic or leans Democratic, while 35% identifies as Republican or leans Republican.

There're a lot of democrats and democrat-leaning academics and scientists out there. Good luck finding a conservative study in our liberal society. They're out there, but in this society you're going upstream and having to fight the crowd of sheep to get where you're going.
edit on 13-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

So, basically a very liberal left-wing college, from one of the most liberal left-wing states of the union has decided that right-wingers are mean.....

You beat me to it. I lived in the Boston area for twenty years and now I live in the "Bible belt" RUDE, CRUDE and down right scary is how I would describe some of the more extreme of the left.

GRATHWOHL INTERVIEW
Grathwohl: I brought up the subject of what’s going to happen after we take over the government. You know, we become responsible for administrating, you know, 250 million people.... The only thing that I could get was that they expected that the Cubans, the North Vietnamese, the Chinese and the Russians would all want to occupy different portions of the United States. They also believed that their immediate responsibility would be to protect against what they called the counter-revolution. And they felt that this counter-revolution could best be guarded against by creating and establishing re-education in the Southwest where we would take all of the people who needed to be re-educated into the new way of thinking and teach them how things were going to be. I asked, “Well, what is going to happen to those people that we can’t re-educate, that are die-hard capitalists?” And the reply was that they’d have to be eliminated and when I pursued this further, they estimated that they’d have to eliminate 25 million people in these re-education centers. And when I say eliminate, I mean kill 25 million people. I want you to imagine sitting in a room with 25 people, most of whom have graduate degrees from Columbia and other well-known educational centers and hear them figuring out the logistics for the elimination of 25 million people and they were dead serious. Larry Grathwohl and Frank Reagan, ed., Bringing Down America (New Rochelle, New York: Arlington House, 1976).

As I said these people are down right SCARY! The above type of discussion is similar to others I heard in the Boston Area.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

This is an academic journal, a peer-reviewed periodical in which scholarship relating to a particular academic discipline is published....

Peer-review no longer has any meaning. It was completely trashed thanks to the incredible bias, and dirty tricks uncovered in Climategate. I quit the American Chemical Society over the issue of corruption in peer-review and so did a lot of other scientists. I was a member for over 25 years so I did not toss that membership out without a lot of thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrisGris

Did you read it? Yes, you are suppose to count it. The point of the study was to look into the amount of attack and compare it with history.

Both groups were found to have high levels... One was worse.
edit on 13-2-2011 by GrisGris because: (no reason given)

full fledged Rant begins:

No I didn't read it .
!!!
And the question I raised is still : DOES IT MATTER ONE OUNCE?

"meaner" thats' a (subjective) emotional verb. Some people pay good money for a woman in a fancy leather outfit and whip to be "mean" to them. If her fat sister was "meaner" they may pay her even more!

I'd swear in court you libbys have all the ego-boundry issues of a 16 year old girl with a new cellphone.! All how you "feeel..." :
They were mean to me! We were mean in return: but come to think of it: I'll bet WE can say they were "meaner" than we were!!!! (like it matters)...
well how you "feeeel" you were treated has no bearing on much of anything outside your own skin.
I am one man; I have no control over any of the other few million "people who consider their point of view "conservative". I don't always agree with every word associated to the mass of "the right"(as if we spoke as a bloc with one voice)
If that means to your argument I am not a "member (of that club)" (?)
fine.
I am not responsible for it.
I don't "feeel" guilty for it.
I usually treat people with respect "often giving the benefit of the doubt; but kick me enough and I might offer to return the favor.
How you "feeel" has no bearing on "horse apples"! That's "manure" for you "eduma-cated" lefties...

So study all you'd like.
The only people who would care to"study" this are people piloting a titanic sized political agenda of
"See: WE certainly are better than YOU others." That's all this is in a nutshell..

What are the political percentages for states with bankrupting social programs? I'd wager they are heavily left leaning and suffering under the weight of social programs. Should I pay for that study and post it to the"huff". Why?
Am I going to convince anybody over there about a single thing??I think not.

"neener-neener": go ahead put another two(! tick marks on that sheet ( I'm running a special today 2 fer 1!) one for each "neener"

"Sticks and stones: my overly empathetic "friends".

One of Lifes' little lessons to help you get through life while maintaining sanity. You used to pick these up free on the playground when Dodgeball was still a weekly part part of gym.class
edit on 13-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
It may not matter to you. But I don't appreciate that political parties abuse public discourse.

As explained previously, meaner is the subject of the news article, not the study.

But don't read or investigate. Just spew what you feel. I'm not saying you are responsible for everyone on the right, but you are responsible for you.

What are you adding to political discussion? Is it hate filled or do you see your opposites as equals? Do you call out members that say stupid things or are you cheering the rhetoric?

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by GrisGris

Did you read it? Yes, you are suppose to count it. The point of the study was to look into the amount of attack and compare it with history.

Both groups were found to have high levels... One was worse.

full fledged Rant begins:

No I didn't read it .
!!!
And the question I raised is still : DOES IT MATTER ONE OUNCE?

"meaner" thats' a (subjective) emotional verb. Some people pay good money for a woman in a fancy leather outfit and whip to be "mean" to them. If her fat sister was "meaner" they may pay her even more!

I'd swear in court you libbys have all the ego-boundry issues of a 16 year old girl with a new cellphone.! All how you "feeel..." :
They were mean to me! We were mean in return: but come to think of it: I'll bet WE can say they were "meaner" than we were!!!! (like it matters)...
well how you "feeeel" you were treated has no bearing on much of anything outside your own skin.
I am one man; I have no control over any of the other few million "people who consider their point of view "conservative". I don't always agree with every word associated to the mass of "the right"(as if we spoke as a bloc with one voice)
If that means to your argument I am not a "member (of that club)" (?)
fine.
I am not responsible for it.
I don't "feeel" guilty for it.
I usually treat people with respect "often giving the benefit of the doubt; but kick me enough and I might offer to return the favor.
How you "feeel" has no bearing on "horse apples"! That's "manure" for you "eduma-cated" lefties...

So study all you'd like.
The only people who would care to"study" this are people piloting a titanic sized political agenda of
"See: WE certainly are better than YOU others." That's all this is in a nutshell..

What are the political percentages for states with bankrupting social programs? I'd wager they are heavily left leaning and suffering under the weight of social programs. Should I pay for that study and post it to the"huff". Why?
Am I going to convince anybody over there about a single thing??I think not.

"neener-neener": go ahead put another two(! tick marks on that sheet ( I'm running a special today 2 fer 1!) one for each "neener"

"Sticks and stones: my overly empathetic "friends".

One of Lifes' little lessons to help you get through life while maintaining sanity. You used to pick these up free on the playground when Dodgeball was still a weekly part part of gym.class
edit on 13-2-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join