It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Originally posted by awake_and_aware

Gotta love Freeman

lol that reporter is an idiot. "I'm jewish"
who said anything about religion?

Good catch ... !

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
White history month is everytime you study american history in school. And I have no problem with that.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
When is white history month? Ummm, what about every other month in history class?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Thing is, "their own race" sold slaves because whites were buying. Basic economics there, you can't have trade in a product unless there's a demand for it.

Not the whole truth. Whites were far from the sole or even main demand for African slaves. Asians bought, other Africans bought, Middle Easterners bought. Whites get abuse about slavery because they are less racist, not more.

Yes, there was slave trade all over the old world. As I have [i'aso[/i[ explained earlier in the thread, the system of slavery used in the Americas is markedly different. Arabs took slaves from East Africa. Know how the African slave could get out of slavery from an Arab master? Convert to Islam. Alternatively he could work for money to purchase his own freedom (in fact most slave societies, including those in Europe, used the "buy your freedom" clause). But in America, it was very different. Once you were a slave in America, that was it. you were a slave until you were dead. Any children you parented would also be slaves. Anyone who looked like you could be clapped in shackles and called a slave legally, even if they were technically "free" - and they were in bondage until death, as were their children, their grandchildren, etc.

I know it's uncomfortable for you, as a person of European descent to realize... but Europeans (specifically the Spanish) devised the most brutal variety of slavery seen in the world. Europeans - again, mainly the Spanish, but with Dutch and English aid - denuded the Caribbean and Florida of people, even portions of the East Coast, harvesting slaves for their Caribbean plantations and mines. when they ran out of easily enslaved Indians, they turned to Africa. The desire for free labor, and the extremely high death rate, both in shipping and in the course of labor, resulted in much of west and Central Africa being literally stripped of people. Just as had happened in North America, entire nations and kingdoms vanished into boats headed for slave ports.

While some blame can certainly be heaped on the Africans who hunted other Africans, as well as the Indians who hunted other indians, the core of the problem was the European slave trade. As I said, if you take that out of the picture, and you would not have these instances of massive depopulation for slavery.

Go be an angry black man or woman in the middle east. Or Japan. Or China. Or another African country. Somewhere else that dealt in African slaves. No one will give a crap, and they might just kill or jail you. They arent apologists and they dont care if you are butt hurt about what happened to your ancestors.

Go be an angry White person, or an angry Arab, or an Angry asian in these places. Seriously, it's not a racial thing, it's an authoritarian thing in these places. Go ahead, go to Singapore and make a fuss on a street corner. Hope you brought bail money.

Im not sure why there is this huge desire to lump all whites into one pot,

There's not. However, there are some damn ugly facts about the European invssion of Africa and the New World that white people are eventually going to have to open their eyes to and become aware of.

ignore the facts about our multiculturalism, many histories, etc.,

I know you're not talking about me here, nor anyone else who's in support of the various heritage months. As I just pointed out, these observances are critical to preserving that mixed culture, those many histories and influences. Without awareness of the many colored bricks that make up the lego building of our nation, what happens isn't the "melting pot" but rather the "bleach bucket."

and at the same time lump all blacks into one pot, and try to pretend that they are all the same, and ignore the obvious, that they are not,

Point of contention; the majority of African-Americans do in fact share common cultural ties, which make them a distinct and cohesive culture. There are of course various subcultures, but, yeah, African-Americans do have a common history to draw on to distinguish themselves.

and that some of the absolute most demonic discrimination and genocide occurs between ethnic groups or nationalities that share the same skin color.

Not in American history, no. And since we're talking about America here... Frankly even in world history, the biggest butcheries have been committed against people of different physical appearances. Even the brutality of Rwanda or the Troubles in Ireland, or the Sunni purges of Shia in Iraq, don't really compare to things such as the Japanese conquest of Manchuria, the near-eradication of the Khoisan peoples in South Africa, or the periodic European massacres against Roma. I think maybe the most significant "same race" genocide happened in 1916, the Ottoman near-extermination of the Kurds.

One day I am going to write a book, and it will be titled "The Power of Ow." And it will be an exploration of why people hold on to victimhood, how they benefit and gain power from their love affair with their suffering. It is really very convenient for them. It allows people to be amazingly cruel and self centered and violent without their ever having to examine or acknowledge their own nastiness. When you feel YOUR victim somehow deserves your hatred, you dont have to acknowledge that you are exactly the same as the people who harmed you, or your ancestors. You can cling to the delusion of righteousness.

I can already tell that in the vein of most such books, it not only will have absolutely no research, but will primarily be peddled through World Net Daily advertisement.

But it doesnt alter the fact. If you are a racist, you are exactly the same as any other racist. You can claim no moral high ground because "it was done to me or mine." Why? Because more times than not, the people you victimize with your righteous indignation are innocents. You are just perpetuating the cycle.

While true, I fail to see the relevance to the discussion; Unless of course you're proclaiming that acknowledging historivcal fact is somehow "victimizing" someone, in which case, I'm just going to tell you to shut the hell up.
edit on 16/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
While true, I fail to see the relevance to the discussion; Unless of course you're proclaiming that acknowledging historivcal fact is somehow "victimizing" someone, in which case, I'm just going to tell you to shut the hell up.

Well when you say crap like this, it makes you look like a racist. White people are not the only people than can be racist. The term reverse racism is crap, you are either racist, or not. I have felt plenty of racism myself, being white and poor in poor places. Having to fistfight people, just because I was white in a poor area, and a minority. I came from a poor ghetto, and have worked my way up, if things worked out, I would be well off right now and in college. The real estate crash ruined that, we lost a house that was 3/4 paid for in NY, valued at 380 grand when we lost it. The house was to pay for pop's retirement, and me to go to college, or start my own business. You were not a slave, and neither was your father or grandfather. Unless you count corporate slavery, then a lot of us white people are in the same boat.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by tom502

You have my vote.

The only ones who are really left out are those 'poor' Reptillians, relegated to Skunkworks and no-one allowed to love them without either getting bit or having alien eggs growing in their lungs.

No races = no racism.

YES! I AGREE! All races HOMOGENIZE NOW!!!! And while we are at it, lets kill all of the lawyers and abolish religion too!!!

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ERSRHD
Yes, it is quite important to recognize we made some horrible mistakes in the past because we don't want to do it again, but at this point it's like picking a scab over and over again and not letting it heal.

It's not about the mistakes that white people made in the past at all... it's about showing how the black people overcame the difficult struggles of the past. It doesn't matter what did it... don't look at it that way. Just the same way Presidents day was mad to honor our Presidents, and Veterans day to honor our Vets... Black History Month is a time to reflect on how I am where I am today. Without my ancestors and those who stood by their sides alike, I wouldn't be talking to you all right now.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso
YES! I AGREE! All races HOMOGENIZE NOW!!!!

Tell me one period and location in all the history of mankind when ethnic groups were not mingling.

And while we are at it, lets kill all of the lawyers

Incoming OT - avoid

and abolish religion too!!!

Incoming OT - avoid
edit on 17/2/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Germany from roughly 1933 till 1946, I do not believe that the "Aryans" were mingling with other "inferior" races...But, otherwise, yes indeed, mankind has most always mixed gene pools with their neighbors.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Banjamin Jefferson Madiso

Germany from roughly 1933 till 1946,

I contend that, even though there was at that time (33-44) a serious attempt to force a new paradigm on the people of Germany by the Nazi regime, it was a miserable failure. However, could you please explain where a distinction was made (prior to interaction with Rome) between the Norse, Franks, Poles and Russians of the ancient area generally known as Germania? A 'pure race', as Hitler so stridently proposed, was already an impossibility by the second century AD.

Hitlers vision was flawed, as is most of the idiocy regarding 'race'

I do not believe that the "Aryans" were mingling with other "inferior" races...

What, exactly, makes one part of an 'inferior 'race'? A failure to believe in Christianity?

But, otherwise, yes indeed, mankind has most always mixed gene pools with their neighbors.

Good thing too... makes for a healthy lineage as any example of interbreeding will show.
edit on 17/2/11 by masqua because: Fixed link

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

In America today it is unpopular to be “WHITE”. If you are born white then you have to assume the position of “WHITE GUILT”. Guilt that somewhere on your prospective family tree one of your ancestors owned a slave or slaves and with this ownership came TAR and featherings, Hangings, Rape, etc etc. America today is about equality, equality for everyone but the white race, this is not a racist or bigoted point of view but a fact. A fact that is slowly casting its light on the white population. Researching history you will find that almost every race that has walked the earth has at some point enslaved his fellow man to one degree or another. In no way am I advocating slavery but just making a simple point. It is becoming painfully obvious that the systems that are implemented today in America are not for the benefit of all but for selected groups of races. We now have in America “Black colleges, Black History month, Black entertainment, Black parades, Black scholarship funds, Latino History month, Latino college funds etc etc. I pose this simple question…what would happen if starting next week a new national holiday was implemented “White History month” an entire month of commercials, seminars, history exhibits, concerts, food you get the idea. You know what would happen… there would be protests, rioting, people would be in the streets calling the organizers white racists bigots. They would be ridiculed, black balled; the media would present them as SS storm troopers. At what point do the tides turn? At what point do the people that ARE being passed over for jobs or education or fare treatment in the work place STAND UP and say NO MORE! If this is the country of equality then were did the equality go for the advancement of the white race. Every other race in America today has there own group for the advancement of there race why should whites be left out. I saw a comment left by another member of this site saying that, these history months and TV stations that are representing those particular racial groups are doing so because “minority’s need identification and iniquity, and that everyday is white history day. I would have to strongly disagree; whites are in fact being excluded from these things and are being told that they do not qualify for certain programs based on there skin color. Now in America we would call this RACIST if it happened to someone other than a white man or woman. It would be on the news, the internet, it would be hands across America if poor little Poncho can’t afford to go to college. But “HEY” that’s no big deal we have the HISPANIC scholar ship fund. Now what about Bob or Jill who are white, there poor, there parents can not afford to send them to a institute of higher learning. You know what happens they go get a JOB, and have to hump it out all day long to afford the inflated tuition. Where are the programs for these individuals? O yea there is none because everyday in America is WHITE history day. This is a sham that has been spoon fed to the white population since the early 60’s. These social welfare programs and the segregation of schools that were supposed to benefit the equality of all men and women are nothing but a lie and did nothing except separate and divide the races even more. The days are numbered for the white population if they do not stand up for themselves and demand equality, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsenIsn't white history taught in schools, for like all year?

Yes, the history of how Whites are responsible for all the other races' problems. Define history of note. Would it be useful inventions, exploring the globe, civilization-building (in the sense of technological civilization), and stuff like that? Subtract Whites from history, what would that read like? And how would it be written? By hand, I would think.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

This is what I am talking about.. People pushing for other cultures to be taught.. I am fine with that.. But, for example, my son is in the fourth grade.. He is taught about every holiday, for just about every race exept one... They can not learn about Christmas.. This is not about white or black, it falls under religion.. But in the same school if I was to tell my son, than dont do the work for the other holidays, I would be considered a racist...

WHY??

It is because of people saying poor me.. What about my past.. I am a White American/Blackfoot Indian.. But do you know that all they see is WHITE!!! My Blackfoot side was here long before the whites came, and the white side of my family came here around 1892, so I have learned about the Civil War, but no member of my family was involved.. I bet you I will still be looked at as one of those WHITE RACIST...

Just saying....

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Foxy1

Reverse discrimination is one of those terms that has no real meaning. It's not an oxymoron. It's like saying you misunderestimated something. How can you incorrectly underestimate, when you have already done something incorrectly by "under" doing it.

Discrimination already carries a certain meaning. This action cannot be reversed. If anything, reversing discrimination would mean undoing it; getting rid of it. It is a poorly constructed meaning that is loaded, basically saying there is a special class of discrimination that is applied to the majority.

Discrimination is discrimination. It doesn't matter to whom it is being applied.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by tom502

What are you talking about? Mainstream American culture is an amalgam of European cultures. European cultures are what you mean by "White" culture. Otherwise, I'm not sure what that culture would be.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

This is because "white" refers to no one group in particular, whereas "Black" used in the US, refers to African-Americans, descendants of the Slave Trade and the African Diaspora. The confusion is that Black could also refer to any number of people living in Sub-Saharan Africa.

White does not have this duality in the US. Maybe in South Africa, "White" could take on a specific group referent, but in general, Black in the US means Black Americans. Black out of the US, means anyone from the coast of Nicaragua to Haiti to Nigeria to Mozambique. They are not all the same and "Black History Month" does not deal with these other groups in the US, only the descendants of the diaspora.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

When do the Slavic tribes get restitution from the Hungarians for invading where they were living? People move around. The only illusion that we are "from" a place is the advancement of the concept of the "nation".

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Snorz. Its White History month the other 11 months.
Are you serious?
We(whites) have been in control for hundreds of years and All we did up until recently is celebrate White folks exclusively.
Give me a break OP.
Yep bigoted subject and responses without a doubt.
Im not surprised.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I have a hypothesis...

Is it really about skin colour? White vs everyone else? Or does it really come down to language?

English seems to be a "white" invention that is sweeping the planet. Especially in business.

If one speaks English, then they appear to be "westernized", subliminally giving everyone the impression that the "white" people are "everywhere".

Here in Vancouver, I can't go 50 feet from my door without encountering either Mandarin or Cantonese or something else. That gives the impression that we are being taken over by the Asians. But is this really true? It appears true since I don't have any white friends in my circle that can speak an Asian language of any kind. But if even the white people could speak an Asian language, then the "invaded" feeling might actually be false.

I hope that made sense.. but it's early yet..

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

my friend culture has nothing to do with a persons skin color

i agree with this topic about how there is no white history month, i am sorry for everything that the black race went through but it has happened to all people jewish people were slaves in roman times white people where serfs in medevil dark ages.

i feel the thing that keeps racism alive is that people cant let it go, by making a black history month or hispanic history month your breeding a reason for racism to be around in a country that is suppose to be equal you would expect that there would be a white history month because that would show equality

sorry if that came off mean or racist i did not intend it to be at all

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24 >>

join