It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When is WHITE history month?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
You're ignorant. You must have gone to a racist school, or you're an idiot. Ever heard of Dred Scott? Harriett Tubman? George Washington Carver? Frederick Douglass? The list goes on.

Actually no, the list doesn't go on. You've pretty much just mentioned all the black people that get any mention in most modern history books (older books often don't even mention that much). Sometimes you'll get a blurb about Nat Turner, and most contain a fairly extensive coverage of Martin King. If your class makes it far enough, you might learn who Jesse Owens was, or see the name "Malcom X"

You won't have a damned clue who Medgar Evers or Hiram Revels were. Odds are you won't learn that the roots of almost all of America's popular musical styles can be traced to the black jukes along the East bank of the Mississippi. You're not going to learn about what was undoubtedly the greatest human migration in US history since the 1870's, the diaspora of black southerners to the industrialized portions of the north and west starting in the 1920's, much less how it's hugely important to overall Americna history among all peoples. You're going to have not the slightest clue what "gullah" means, and if you're a mixed-race kid hoping to find something you can relate to, good luck; miscegenation is barred from history books (except, sometimes, in the case of Crispus Attucks)

If you want Indian or Asian historical figures, good luck. you're never going to learn about what the Nez Perce really went through, Dancing Rabbit Creek - which is up there with the Black Hills in terms of importance to white-Indian history - will never get a mention. You've never heard the name Feng Shan Ho, or Dalip Singh Saund. Odds are you know little to nothing about the intricate society of the Kingdom of Hawai'i, and you certainly won't find any mention of the Pineapple Coup in your kid's history book.

History books these days aren't generally actively racist; they tend towards more a benign omission of history, instead. However, some racist attitudes remain in the history books; take a look at what your kids' textbook says about Reconstruction. Or look at the fawning, simpering adoration of Christopher Columbus, who was, quite honestly, nearly on par with Hitler.

However, a lot of older books are actively racist; I remember taking Alabama history, and needing a second booklet to learn about the Civil Rights movement, because the book - published in 1975 - did not mention it at all. My grandmother tells me of my dad coming home in tears because he had been taught - at a reservation school - that Indians were bloodthirsty savages who deserved to die to make way for white "progress."
edit on 14/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: Spelling is, like, totally HARD and junk, yanno?

edit on 14/2/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker
Originally posted by awake_and_aware
I'm out of this cesspool.

Remember this: I love you all, brothers and sisters.

Lol. I love the pandering that shows up in these types of threads as a result of the star system.

Nice try moses
edit on 14-2-2011 by SPACEYstranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

Minor biological quibble, but... using the technical term of "species" - groups of organisms that do not reproduce together - the chihuahua and great Dane ARE different species. A chihuahua cannot breed with a great Dane - either the chihuahua would die in the attempt (F chihuahua + M Dane) or insemination would fail (F Dane / M Chihuahua). The two do not - and cannot - naturally reproduce.

Dogs / wolves / coyotes / jackals are a very interesting and complex form of ring species.

If you want to compare humans to dogs, a better example would be that humans are all, say, Great Danes. There's a lot of variety in Great Danes. You've got piebald coats, brindle coats, white coats, spotted coats, fawn coats, black-and-tan coats. They come in different sizes, their faces are all pretty unique, some have cropped ears an docked tails, others don't. There's no difficulty when they want to make puppies, and even though humans might try to keep this or tht lineage "pure" a great Dane will happily hop onto the back of any other great Daneand go at it... Pretty much like humans do

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
Yeah... and where is the

WET ? (White Entertainment Network) ... obviously BLACK ENTERTAINMENT TELEVISION. BET

Or the Caucasion network? (there are many east-indian, etc chnls in my area)

To refer to the wisdom of Daniel Tosh, white people do have their own networks. They're called CBS, ABC, NBC and FOX.

Sorry if this has already been said, but I don't have the patience to read through the entire thread as this old point is debated ad nauseam.

I truly hold no prejudices, which is why I really couldn't care less if I'm respected as a white man or not.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Well let's see what we have here. BET (Black Entertainment Television) was founded by a African American because blacks (African Americans) couldn't get programming that was relevant or reflective of blacks on ANY of the other stations available, cable or network. Black History Month is really a sham way of the government to acknoledge that blacks don't get enough knowledge about their own plight as a race without having to forcibly teach it all year long beside the rest of American history.
Remember that history is always told by the victor and it is common knowledge that blacks or any other person of color didn't win much of anything in this country. We are told from a young age that Christopher Columbus discovered this country which is false, BUT that phrase just shows why we need Black History Month. How can you discover a place where people already lived? Oh, because it was a new discovery to Europeans or Caucasians. Let's also not gloss over the fact that after said "discovery", millions of Africans were then brought to this new land to be enslaved, raped, tortured, bought and sold like property for HUNDREDS of years. All religion, heritage, language and identity was lost in the process.
Most of this is common knowledge in text books but if you go to inner cities where the school systems haven't been totally robbed, you can find african american studies which delve deeper into things like how slaves built Washington D.C. or the mind and tactics of slave owners. You have to realize that black people have a 4-5 hundred year disadvantage in this country no matter how well off they are. In the back rooms of power we are still 'n-word's or negro or colored and until there is no longer a racist in Georgia who salutes the confederate flag( which still flys over the capitol building ) or neo-nazis who don't like anyone who isn't blond haired and blue eyed then we need as much help, exposure and knowledge we can get to educate people who don't know about the blood this country is founded on.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Heritage week is an excellent suggestion....as an old white guy from north of the mason dixon line, I'd like to remember my white ancestors who fought to free slaves during that week, rather than being reminded of the ugliness that occurred at the hands of truly ignorant people. Many whites also for fought hard throughout the 20th century for civil rights--for all people. When a news organization continue to spew specials tltled, "Black in America" or "Hispanic in America" or "Muslim in America" I instantly see racist, anti-white tendencies and turn them off...I will never look at those organization (CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, etc) as either fair or balanced--I see them as promoters of racism.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The anti-white racism here is saddening. The other 11 months are NOT white history months. Whites are not allowed to be white in the USA. There are no months singly used to express history of the classified white people. It's anti-white racism to claim there is. The same with TV channels, there are NO TV channels specifically about and aimed towards the European American experience as a race. To say there is, is an untruth. It's politically incorrect to be white in the US(and the world). European Americans are constantly denigrated and cast aside as unwanted dregs of some wished to be forgotton past. White children are denied their cultural identity, and programmed self-hate and anti-white propaganda in their schools, and on the TV.

Now, I am all for including more worthy blacks and asians, and anyone, into the general History. This I would support, but to create a sepratist movement for blacks, and instill anti-white attitudes among the black youth, and self hate of the white youth, is downright evil.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zoyd23
Heritage week is an excellent suggestion....as an old white guy from north of the mason dixon line, I'd like to remember my white ancestors who fought to free slaves during that week, rather than being reminded of the ugliness that occurred at the hands of truly ignorant people. Many whites also for fought hard throughout the 20th century for civil rights--for all people. When a news organization continue to spew specials tltled, "Black in America" or "Hispanic in America" or "Muslim in America" I instantly see racist, anti-white tendencies and turn them off...I will never look at those organization (CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, etc) as either fair or balanced--I see them as promoters of racism.

I brought up the idea of a Heritage Month, for everyone. And I agree with your post. I think the anti-white haters purposely keep facts hidden from the leftist kids and blackists, that there were black slave owners in the US, that slavery originated in Africa from black Africans. And while yes there was segregation in the past, and bad things, the answer to them is not lies and more self segregation. It's unity. NAACP, the black klan, should be renamed as the National Association for the Advancement of ALL People United. Racism only breeds more racism. And while this month, the public schools push their anti-white agendas with this Black History Month, the little white kids are disenfranchised, with nothing for their race. It's simply wrong, and shows how the US seeks to keep the people divided and have a hidden agenda. And let's not forget, it was blacks, that enslaved blacks, and it was whites that freed blacks. And if blacks(I know not all) claim to be sensitive to the "past", even though none of it happened to THEM, then it should be just as valid for whites today, to be sensitive about the current high black crime rate, unfathered children, how the vast majority of inter-racial crimes have a white victim. I mean, all this anti-white racism, is only fueling a national discontent and division, and sadly, the powers that be, I believe, have this all planned out to be so, and it's too easy to get sucked into it.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
The anti-white racism here is saddening.

Sad that you're not seeing any?

The other 11 months are NOT white history months.

Never taken a history course in your life, have you? All 12 months are "white history month". Even Black history month is mostly about white people, it's just that the focus is shifted towards the black people they interacted with.

Whites are not allowed to be white in the USA.

Blackface is strictly enforced between the hours of 7 AM - 9 PM. You cannot have your mayo on white in public, and music that features odes to dogs, and trucks with twangy guitar is not permitted in public buildings. At all times, you are expected to have a pick, just in case someone needs one. Lacrosse will be punished by death.

There are no months singly used to express history of the classified white people. It's anti-white racism to claim there is.

No, they don't need a specific month, because the entire year is about white history. Even so, plenty of whites DO get history months - Germans, Italians, Poles, Irish, and there are plenty of whites covered by Jewish and Hispanic heritage months as well. And given that most white Americans have a little bit of everyone from Europe hiding out in their ancestry, you're probably covered by one of these
Have some brats and guinness, it's your day.

The same with TV channels, there are NO TV channels specifically about and aimed towards the European American experience as a race.

It's called the History Channel. There's also CMT. A&E largely focuses on "the white experience." Pretty much every television show ever revolves around white people, with colored people being bit pieces - ever heard the term "token?" HBO cranks out white show after white show after white show - many, such as Deadwood or Rome, do in fact give a decent look into historical themes though the shows themselves are fiction. the News stations are almost as white as a blizzard in Fargo, with Fox News only ever letting blacks on if they are either toeing the anti-black line (Alan Keyes) or are in the far extreme at the other end of the spectrum (Random Nation of Islam Dude). The Arts channel focuses heavily on European expressions of art and music. Your Public Broadcasting station is likely packed to the jowls with British television, historical vignettes about white people, arts by white people with European foundations, and the occasional telethon where the only colored people are in the back working the telephones. And Lavar Burton.

There's not any "WHite Entertainment Television" station because it would just be redundant.

Really, you do NOT want to use television if you want to claim that white people don't get enough coverage.

To say there is, is an untruth.

While you seem to be an expert in untruth, I don't think i'll be taking your opinion against observable facts.

It's politically incorrect to be white in the US(and the world).

Did you know that "political correctness" only exists in the minds of white people who want to claim terrible oppression? Really, there's no one clucking their tongues about how un-PC this or that is. it's all in your head. Every. Single. Bit. Incidentally, every example of "political correctness" you can come up with, is an example of a white guy acting like a complete dick, and being treated like a complete dick.

European Americans are constantly denigrated and cast aside as unwanted dregs of some wished to be forgotton past.

No, they're not. Stupid people are. This does include stupid white people, which is, admittedly, quite a culture shift. We're still trying to get that culture shift applied to politics, where stupid white people still rule the day.

White children are denied their cultural identity, and programmed self-hate and anti-white propaganda in their schools, and on the TV.

No, they're being taught something other than the anti-colored propaganda that dominated the narrative for the last century. Though the removal of white prestige and privilege in favor of a more fact-based and egalitarian narrative may seem a step down for you guys, it's a step up for society as a whole.

Now, I am all for including more worthy blacks and asians, and anyone, into the general History.

"Worthy," huh? Who decides worth? 'Cause most history books have decided that James A. Garfield - a president who did nothing, and served only six months in office, is worth as much space, often more, than Frederick Douglass, a man who's writings, philosophy, and statesmanship influenced the course of American history among all races, even in other parts of the globe.

This I would support, but to create a sepratist movement for blacks, and instill anti-white attitudes among the black youth, and self hate of the white youth, is downright evil.

Good thing this is only happening in your fevered imagination, then.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
It is white history month when al sharpton says so yeall.Relax yeall,enjoy some watermelon

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Your question is not racist, it is a logical question. What is fair for one should be fair for the other.

I have my own questions I would love to hear answers to, from people who think you have asked a racist question.

I often wonder if when whites become a minority in 15 years, like I have heard will happen, will liberals still be pushing affirmative action?

Speaking of affirmative action, why do I not hear calls for affirmative action when it comes to professional basketball or football teams, where the starters are 90% black? (Clue: Maybe because they want the best person for the job?)

Why is Obama called the first black president when in fact he is the exact same percentage white as he is black, and in fact was raised by a white mother and grandmother? We are not supposed to judge "books by their covers", so why is he considered black?

edit on 14-2-2011 by Common Scarecrow because: spelling

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

I loved History in school in Mississippi, but the only thing in my history about black people was that students to Ole Miss, had a slave quarter in back of each dormitory, for the students black mistresses. That is still the case, it is fine for a white man to have black women as mistresses. In New Orleans they are even intitled to the estate. But let a white woman be caught with a black man and both races will hang her.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by tom502
I brought up the idea of a Heritage Month, for everyone. And I agree with your post. I think the anti-white haters purposely keep facts hidden from the leftist kids and blackists,

...Blackists?

that there were black slave owners in the US,

It's hardly hidden. Most history books mention free black slave owners (if any slaveowners are hidden, it's the Cherokee slaveowners - but then, Indians are invisible anyway) What IS usually obfuscated is that all of these black slaveowners ceased to be freemen after the 1850 Fugitive Slave Act. You know what that is, right? Basically, a white guy could walk up, point to a black man, and say "That's my property." Freedmen became an endangered species in the south, and any well-off ("uppity") blacks were generally re-enslaved and their property confiscated by their new master. This is why the underground railroad started going to Canada, because even the northern states were no longer refuges for escaped slaves.

that slavery originated in Africa from black Africans.

I like this one. It's one of those "not even wrong" statements. Yep, Africans practiced slavery. Yup, Africans sold other Africans to slave traders. However, to use these facts in the way you are, actually makes them lies.

First, the system of slavery used in the New World was nothing like the system found in Africa. African slavery was basically, "We went to war with your tribe, and captured you; you're going to fill the place left by our men who died in the war." The slave was a captive who could either pay for his own freedom through laboring, or he could actually join his captor's people, marry, have kids, and be an accepted member of the society with no stigma for his previous slave condition.

Slavery, as practiced in the Americas, was nothing like this. This mode of slavery was a Spanish invention, pioneered after the Spanish conquered the Canary islands. The people there were put into bondage, and worked to death. So were their children. And their children's children. The system was brought to mainland Spain, where Africans and Jews were both used in this fashion; however, the Church put an end to the practice on the mainland quickly. The system was then taken with Christopher Columbus to Hispanola. The natives were decided to not be human so the Church's decree against this form of slavery was ignored. The native Arawak and Taino people went extinct in roughly three years... and then the Spanish imported Africans, who were worked in the same way. Hard labor bondage until death, that extended to the descendants of slaves as well. The English colonists inherited this system of slavery through trade with the Spanish - in fact, several of the white Jamestown colonists became enslaved in this fashion, before the colony collapsed.

The second part, about Africans selling other Africans into slavery is true... but who was buying these enslaved Africans, and thus creating such a major demand for them? Who was supplying the guns that made this enslavement possible? "Africans sold their own people into slavery!" is a piss-poor attempt to absolve whites of any part in the slave trade, ignoring the obvious fact that the slave trade was spurred by white landowners in the New World buying large numbers of slaves and arming other Africans to do the work for them.

NAACP, the black klan,

That is, without a doubt, the single most ignorant thing I have EVER seen posted on ATS. And i've been here a long time... Bravo, sir, you made my mouth hang open with this one.

And while this month, the public schools push their anti-white agendas with this Black History Month, the little white kids are disenfranchised, with nothing for their race.

Your intellectual downward spiral has no semblance of fact to it, good sir. Talking about black people does not disadvantage white people. if white kids are offended or hurt by learning about Harriet Tubman in February, it's becuase their parents raised them to be closed-minded, ignorant pricks who can't see the value of learnign about a woman who risked her life to free others from a literal living hell, because she happened to not be white.

It's simply wrong, and shows how the US seeks to keep the people divided and have a hidden agenda.

Except the only division is between people who know what they're talking about, and ignorant jackasses who ignore facts just so they can scream about how the NAACP is the "black klan."

And let's not forget, it was blacks, that enslaved blacks, and it was whites that freed blacks.

No, it was whites who enslaved blacks, since they were the ones who were spurring the slave trade in the first place (Africans weren't boating over millions of Africans and forcing white people to take them, after all). White and black unionists did indeed free the Slaves of the south, by fighting against whites who were fighting for the preservation of the institution. Freed blacks were a major impetus behind Abolitionism in the north. So to be more accurate, the slaves were freed by a joint effort between Whites and blacks fighting against whites.

And if blacks(I know not all) claim to be sensitive to the "past", even though none of it happened to THEM, then it should be just as valid for whites today, to be sensitive about the current high black crime rate, unfathered children, how the vast majority of inter-racial crimes have a white victim.

All of which is actually attributable to poverty. High crime rates, single-parent families, drug use... We find these same symptoms in every industrialized nations' poorer quarters. Now, you could ask some very interesting and revealing questions here. Do blacks make an undue percentage of Americans living in poverty? If not, why does the Media portray them as the "problem" and not, say, the poor whites or Indians in the nation? The crime rate in the Dakota reservations makes Los Angeles' Skid Row look like a great place to raise a family, but you never hear about those problems. So, why?

The intersection of race, class, and media coverage can be a good place to find out all sorts of things that you were completely unaware of. So I doubt you'll look.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mizzijr

This is not solely a reply to you Mizzijr, but all those who find this a little hard to grasp.

As a black man(no, I'm not American by the way; nor do I live there) I'll try to break this down in the best way I could for all those who are confused about it. This whole thing started with slavery. You can point fingers at who helped who to become slaves, the fact is, the Caucasian race enslaved and robbed several races, one of them is the negroid race. Freedom could not come without love of self and love of freedom...in essence, love of ones rights. With that, many psychological things manifest; pride(whether delusional or not), ambition, drive...

After you belittle someone, their psychi changes. There is a will to re-establish themselves and honour themselves. This is where some of these networks, holidays and months come from. You expected them to say..."Okay, we're free...let's go not dwell on it." Maybe some did, but the majority couldn't. This is not something based on events people, this is something based on the psychological changes caused by certain events; self-redemption and a conscious/subconscious hatred for the criminals is destined. What place did the black people have on television? None! They weren't even allowed in many restaurants. There will always be someone going against the grain; someone fighting the current system. Because of the injustice done to black people, naturally, many went against the grain. The person who started BET was not only black, but also an entrepreneur. These things happened because of the psychological changes certain events brought about and they simply stuck. It's become such a huge part of tradition and culture now, taking it away will cause an uproar.

Do not be surprised by these traditions and cultures...it is a direct effect of what your ancestors did; cause and effect!

However, I will say, that I think now people should understand that too much of these things do not help unite, but pit races against each other. I personally think these labels that many of the black people have conjured up to separate ourselves from the white man have defeated their purpose. At first, it was simple upliftment and identity glorification. Now, it acts as dividers, so I do agree that these things should come to pass. Their purpose is no longer carries the same weight and I think we as people(all of us) have grown past the point where we can see the bigger picture now. And that is, it is good to unite a race, but it is better to unite a species; an Earthling with a fellow Earthling. Of course, there is still racism present, but I think a lot of the black(and white) culture, and that insistent drive to separate the two does not help negate racism.

So, I hope some of you understand what I'm saying. The actions of the our people is a direct result from the actions of your people; do not not ask why our cultures exist, instead try to understand why they exist. But, I must agree with the OP in that we have and retain the ability to outgrow these cultures. The period of identification and upliftment is grand, but it's due time we practiced these things in other, more aggregate ways.

Thanks.
edit on 14-2-2011 by sdrawkcabII because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
What a foolish question. White history month is every month.

Textbooks celebrate white history all year round.

Governments celebrate white history all year round.

Fiscal calendars celebrate white history all year round.

I mean, how can you honestly ask about white history month when every picture of Jesus is white? It seems that any history which is not white shall be made white.

Although, I do understand your perspective. You've probably never even DARED to understand any other history than the one spoon fed to you by your controllers. Never even had a second THOUGHT as to why many atrocities happen in minority neighborhoods. I guess it's easy to just accept that it is in the nature of blacks, right?

History is written down by the victors. This is why there is no official white history month. Divide and conquer has been the winning tactic and it must be cloaked with false sincerity in order to keep working.

I agree that this kind of separation breeds racism. However, the world is very unequal. If black history is ignored, then it will become forgotten. To prove this, there are many black people who have no IDEA who Marcus Garvey is, what Malcolm X really represented, and what the Black Panthers stood for. Even WITH a black history month. Many say that this lack of historical understanding has created an ignorant minority population. I mean think about it. What if no one in America learned about the Revolutionary War? What if we just... forgot?

Also, without a black history month, bigotry could be accepted again. This might encourage some kind of minority uprising/revolution. Now, considering that minorities collectively outnumber the majority in America, I don't think you would want that would you?
edit on 14-2-2011 by prepared4truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by timewalker

I agree, there should be no parades, no networks, no months, for anyone.

It is decisive and I am tired of people trying to make me ashamed for things that happened in the past that I had nothing to do with.

I am not ashamed, you know why, I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING to be ashamed about.

My ancestors owned plantations in the South, had slaves, the whole nine yards. In fact I am looking at an antique photograph of them right now. (the slaves all have new clothes, shoes and big smiles on their faces)

It's the past, it's over. Get over it, times have changed.

Quit adding salt to the wounds.

If we are ever to truly get past the bigotry, it has to stop from both sides.

Another thing that no one ever seems to discuss is African Kings sold their people out.

It takes two to tango.

Completely true. No one deserves any networks, parades etc. I mean I understand Spanish, Japanese, etc channels. But special months dedicated to one specific race is just unfair to the rest.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Scarecrow
Your question is not racist, it is a logical question. What is fair for one should be fair for the other.

I have my own questions I would love to hear answers to, from people who think you have asked a racist question.

I often wonder if when whites become a minority in 15 years, like I have heard will happen, will liberals still be pushing affirmative action?

Speaking of affirmative action, why do I not hear calls for affirmative action when it comes to professional basketball or football teams, where the starters are 90% black? (Clue: Maybe because they want the best person for the job?)

Maybe you should actually learn what Affirmative Action is. I'll give you the basics, and assume you can look up the rest on your own.

Affirmative action works on the honor system. A business is encouraged to search in good faith for qualified women and minorities to employ. The goal - the percentage of women / minorities in the business - is relative to the percentage of women or minorities in the area. There are no penalties at all for not meeting this goal, however, because the applicant must be qualified. A black woman who types three words a minute is not going to get a clerical job over a white guy who types 70.

It's not a quota system. It's not a discriminatory system. It works with whites and men just as much as it does wirh minorities and women. It carries no actual legal weight.

The reason there are no "calls for affirmative action" in the NFL, NBA, whatever, is exactly like you said; the people there are the people who are most qualified. Including all the many white men who are on the court. If you have the skill and the physical capacity, you're qualified.

Why is Obama called the first black president when in fact he is the exact same percentage white as he is black, and in fact was raised by a white mother and grandmother? We are not supposed to judge "books by their covers", so why is he considered black?

Because in the United States, our culture still adheres - wrongly, IMO - to the "one drop rule." If you have a black ancestor, you're black in America (On the other hand, if you're White-Indian multiracial, you're "white"; if you're white-Indian-Black, then you're "black). Interestingly, when Obama travels to other nations, his race changes, because other countries have different racial categories. In Brasil, he'd be Moreno. In South Africa, he's "colored." In Japan, he's "American."

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaWhiz

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

Originally posted by RestingInPieces

Originally posted by Varemia
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Look, I didn't research it deeply. I was looking for quick evidence that just because their skin is black that it doesn't mean they can't accomplish anything. YOU are the one being heavily racist here. PEOPLE invent things, not skin colors.

So why is there a BLACK history month that celebrated invention by a certain skin color?

You can literally look up EVERY SINGLE "Invention" from black history month and find that it was developed before and after the black person that "created" it.

Black history month is a sham that is embarassing to the world and embarrasing more to the black community because it is an obvious attempt to put their interaction with history on a pedestal.

That is all I am saying.

edit on 13-2-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

I have to agree, it is a shame ,and I have talked about this on other sites, I always wanted to no why whites aren’t mentioned in black history month, because if it wasn’t for there heart and gods divine light that he shined in some whites faces ,then black history month to me would be none existence.

So I think ,if we can make this happen, we can start with the many untold incredible stories of whites, and how they risked there lives to save the black people.
If it wasn’t for the good of just a handful of whites being BLESSED with such a good heart, then where would we really be, as a race.

So to all you white people on here, I would like to think your ancestor for the contributions to the future of man, and the divine message that you set upon your generation of 4 life times of good gene and pure blood that you have established upon our earth. thank you.

that was cool immortal,but why,you have nothing to do with this.
yea,your not black or white.
because he is the immortal one.
becuase this thread is funny

Because i am color blind,and i shall not let these humans go to bed with stoned heart tonight.
This is the ats family ,and it shall stay that way,i woudnt dare let a mortal thread direct my thinking in a time some 70 years plus ago.
i hate you immortal,but the hate will continue,lol,we always win.
continue on my children,continue on,hahahahahahahhahahahhahahah

edit on 13-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

The reason why whites are not mentioned is because whites won't step up to the plate and mention it. Years back, a freind of mine asked me for a good, unknown civil rights character for her daughter because she was tired of them just writing about Dr. King and Malcolm X. I recommended Andrew Goodman, a 20-year-old white Jewish anthropology student from New York; and Michael Schwerner a 24-year-old white Jewish CORE organizer and former social worker also from New York. Now why are they important people? Do you know? Or did you really care in the first place?

I channeled into heaven last night, and asked the same question to the 'MOTHER OF ALL LIFE' she responded by asking me a question.

'If the slave trade didn’t happen in the earths history of life, what do you think would of been of the continents today ?

so I thought and I thought and I had to astral a little, amongst other things, and I said.

'Well Mother of all Gods'
I think because of every separate humans capability as far as inventions...it had to be done.
for 1,germany would of stood out as probably having the first ,loll and only nuke in the world, I think the Indians would still have bows and arrows, the Chinese, I think had the ability...'so I stopped right there' and said.
Wow, you had to make sure every race was mixed so....
and 'she sad',....yes >my Mortal flower of the Gods, just imagine.

Its funny, its in our sacred teachings called the' Rainbow' and the 'Rose'
so to make a long story short.
The heavens had to do this, they had to make sure the rainbow happened, because if not...
'Then the world would of had one leader, and one leader only'
'One nation with nukes'
'one human, one nation, one rule'

As it was told to me

Slavery and all the hate, had to happen, it just had to....period.
So no more about the white man being evil and this and that.
As funny as it sounds, they did there job'.
The slaves did there job.
The Indians did there job.
All races did there job, as it was fit to the living of today.

So to break it down, if all these events wouldn’t of occurred, well

And germany they say, was just 1 year away from creating a nuke,just one year,imagine if slavery never occured,then they would of been the only nation in the world with nukes, and the world would of been one world,one world under hitlers rule,but the devil still tried to make it happen,but becuase the rainbow was already achieved,we can sleep,a little bit better.
Thanks to all the races,that contributed to rainbow of time,and life it self,for with out your blood, and sacrifice,there would probaly be a ,'whites' >'black'>indian only eating area.

I am white,and i demand to sit with the germans.
i am black,i demand to use the same toilet as the germans!
okay immortal,why i have to be the indian?
yea ,why i cant be white?
you idiots ,cant you see the point he is trying to make,we are all pin heads just like they are all humans,dont let a simple word take you from what you really are.

okay,read your lines ..lets take it from the top.
i want my 40 acres and a mule
i want a white history month
i want the washington redskins to change there name and,..
YOU IDIOTS,YOUR ALL FIRED !
but,he said read your lines
thats what i thought
maybe some one changed them?
hahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhaah
edit on 14-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You don't want white history month, sounds like what you really want is ignorant idiot month.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I would like to see Native American history month to appreciate who were here in this land prior to the invasion from Europe. Far more suffering on their part than some other groups.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join