It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Praying Like Any Good Christian

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Are you there, God? It's me, George W. Come in, Almighty. Do you read me?
It's about 8:00 pm and it's just after my last bubble bath of the day and here I am again, kneeling here in the Oval Office all by myself in my most favoritest PJs, the funny ones with the little M-1 tanks and baseball players all over them. I gots some problems, Lord.

Look, I've done everything you asked. I've been good. Haven't I?

I take the message to the people, don't I? I spout that evangelical born-again crap in pisswater Podunk conservative churches across this burned-out fear-drunk nation like I was emceeing a freakin' rodeo in Crawford. And they eat it up, Lord. They eat that stuff up. Hell, I even believe a lot of that fire-breathin' Second Comin' evildoer-hatin' stuff myself.
sfgate.com.../g/a/2004/07/14/notes071404.DTL&nl=fix

Gotta give it to them liberals they sure have a great senser of humor.
First whoopi and now this great piece. Warning, if your a conservative christian, Do Not Read This Article. It will give you heart burn, gas and acid reflux problems. Just pop an couple oxycontin and go listen to limbaugh.

[edit on 15-7-2004 by df1]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Maybe it'll help when we "capture" Osama bin Laden just before election time, when we finally "discover" him in a remote hilltop cave deep in Afghanistan -- a.k.a., a secret basement somewhere in Jersey where we've had him stashed for months for just this occasion. You think that'll help? Rove says it's a lock. I ain't so sure.

This is the scenario that scares hell out of me. I think there is a high probability that U.S forces have already captured Osama, or know exactly where he is and can scoop him up at anytime. As others have remarked, how hard can it be to find a man who is 6'6" and requires kidney dialysis several times a week?

The Bush prayer was hilarious. Someone should forward it to the writers of Saturday Night Live.

[edit on 7/15/2004 by donguillermo]

posted on Jul, 15 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
This is a funny link, but the person that wrote the prayer, forgot to add the tons of money that bushes family busisness make in the oil and bush may be a religious reborn but he is still for money.

posted on Jul, 19 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yea I gotta agree with marg, I think Bush is milking the god factor for all it's worth. Like Ronny Regan Jr. said, he wears it on his sleeve.

Then again, maybe I just want to believe that no American president could actually be that dense and fanatical, and I may be giving Bush too much credit by saying that he's feeding Americans a line about religion.

May Peace Travel With You
~Astral

top topics

join