It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your local bands....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
There are some great local bands that may not get national attention. Some do, some don't.

I have seen great bands that never leave the living room.

One of my favorite locals should be national, but only got pseudo there. Because of fights and constraints with a record label.

So lets see the locals.

You just gotta love the name. I saw these guys live once, they were awesome.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
pro-tip, don't sign with record labels. go indie.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by madscientistintraining

I guess. Though I have heard its hard.

But the closest I have gotten to the professional music industry is buying a cd.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
the easiest way to explain it without spending a year going through the business side of things...if you produce an album within your group rather than contracting out you pay a bit more to start with for cases, cd's, burning of the cd's, buying the master recording from the recording studio you use (most important part of the whole process) and this saves you from owing a record company whatever they 'lent' you to make the album.

key word being lent. one only need look at KoRn's career to see why this is a bad thing, they we're basically forced to make 9 albums, which is why the last few relatively sucked. even though there are a good few tunes on each album.

anyway, indie means you get to keep all those extra dollars/pounds/currency that would have normally gone to some douche in an office block.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I've been in several local bands. I live in southern Oklahoma so it's unfortunate that we can only play country. I don't have any media to post either. I can say that I've had some epic jam sessions where some amazing music has been made.
Most great bands won't get national attention though. It's not what the industry is about anymore.

This video pretty much says it all btw, with a few other things:

edit on 13-2-2011 by Mr Headshot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I apologize, I didn't think that there would be bandmembers here themselves.

bring it on!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Why apologize? Right now I'm in this woman's band: www.pennilawrence.com...
It's a country band but whatever. I'm the guy with the guitar in the back. We just had our first gig last week. Opened for a guy named Bryan White, he had some songs that topped the country charts in the 90s.

I'm a blues guy myself, when I play guitar. There's decent blues scene here in oklahoma but there's no money in it and, being a college student, that's what I need.
I play drums too and I like rock on drums. I'm mainly a drummer, done it my whole life.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

I like this guy.. though not my usual genre.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

Cool! Thanks for posting. Here's one of Austin's local favorite of the moment:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

My band, ASTRUM. We do not have a label, and are mostly unknown. This is a rehearsal vid for the new album. Not high quality video. We have our 2nd CD on the way, we are now a 3 piece, I took back the bass, and the other guitarist left town. I also do Kosmokrater which is my solo project, the new CD called Wunderwaffen is about the Saucer craft of the Third Reich. The new Astrum CD is called Tales of Witchlore. We are on Metal Archives.
www.myspace.com...

new topics

top topics

join