It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt Constitution Suspended, Parliament Dissolved, Military Council Says

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

The Enlightenment

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
They say voting in 6 months I figure the bimbings will start soon and the voting will never happen

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

The Enlightenment
en.wikipedia.org...

Ah, a revolution of thought... interesting.

Though these new "radical" ideas and principles are said to be behind the:

American Revolution (1775–1783), Revolt of Dutch Patriots (1785), French Revolution (1789–1799), Irish Rebellion of 1798, Latin American wars of independence... and many more.

All were far from "bloodless", though I do agree they certainly did instill a dramatic change to the status quo of their time.

the Billmeister

p.s.
Interesting side note for many here on ATS, the link posted by Johnze contains this interesting sub-section: Freemasonic Lodges

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well to be honest economic factors more or less drove those conflicts. Of course they would have lookd to enlightenment ideals to justify what was to come, much in th way religion is used, however the reality is far different.

I was really just suggesting mental liberation from influences such as the church was a bloodless affair.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

Well to be honest economic factors more or less drove those conflicts. Of course they would have lookd to enlightenment ideals to justify what was to come, much in th way religion is used, however the reality is far different.

I was really just suggesting mental liberation from influences such as the church was a bloodless affair.

Yes, I am of the mind that economic factors are the essential driving forces of almost all of history.

Your response was intelligent and thought-provoking... just the type I like.

As Plato has said, all things in the "real world" have prior roots in thoughts and minds.

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

REFRESHING INDEED!

have a star good buddy

top topics

<< 1   >>

join