It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO caught from ISS 2-11-11 7 PM Eastern Standard Time;

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

It could be anything but nice find anyway.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by Vandalour

This could easy be a hoax....

Looks to me some junk that came loose of ISS

And then the video is played backwards so it looks like it acending from earth

Just a thought...

A) It was recorded live.
B) The clouds are moving in the correct direction.

A: Is there any archive on NASA homepage where I can get a raw copy of this.. ? that would prove that the things we see really happend in a live broadcast

B: Just flip the Image and you could have the illusion that the clouds was moveing the right way....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

Good shout on checking the clouds direction, however your second point is hardly as compelling down to the fact that we are not seeing it live and it is hosted on youtube.. meaning that it could have easily been tampered with during its transition there.

Also, theres no doubt in my mind that it is possible to rewind one part of a video whilst leaving another section playing normally. And now that I think about it, the UFO's starting position is a tad away from the earth, which makes me think that someone may have started it there so that the movement of the clouds wasnt altered when reversing the direction of the UFO.

For some reason I feel that this is unlikely and that the video is genuine. I would love to see someone verify that the footage is unaltered from what was aired live from NASA.
edit on 13-2-2011 by doubleperfectprater because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by doubleperfectprater

Well, since you put it like that i am now intrigued ,moving against the earths gravity so its not space junk or anything similar, interesting;

Dont take my word for fact, but that seems to be the case.. I really am waiting for a hotshot analyst to get a second opinion..

I hope nobody can identify this object, as if they cant and it remains a UFO, then this could point towards one of three things.

1. NASA underestimates the general population beyond belief and so doesnt care to cover up such anomalies.

2. Disclosure is coming, they are softening us up.

3. They know the objects origin and it is not alien to us.

hey , shouldn't THE BLUE FF....K PLANET BE A LITTLE BLUER? I mean , what's with all those white clouds?! or are they chemtrails? ...

Looks pretty normal to me, Im surprised thats the only thing you found interesting about it?
edit on 13-2-2011 by doubleperfectprater because: (no reason given)

I have a problem because of chemtrails!
But the object in this video is not alien!
IT'S MAN MADE!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
There are literally an infinate number of possible orbits for an Earth satellite. While there are special orbits that are designed for specific purposes, two general classes of orbits have come into wide spread use for meteorological observations of the Earth: geostationary orbits and sun-synchronous near-polar orbits. In spite of the qualifiers, the sun-synchronous orbits are normally just refered to as polar orbits.

Earth's gravity extends out in all directions. Once an object is far enough in space it just orbits the earth unless it has jets attempting to propel it out of our orbit.

WOW!!!! Look at this!!

Thats weird, its moving against the earths gravity so its not space junk or anything similar.. because of that im assuming it MUST be propelled by something? If thats a bad assumption for any reason - please let me know..

Anyway it comes from a reliable source blah blah blah so its probably not a CGI job, makes me wonder what it really is.. and if it is in fact unidentified, why isnt it censored? This is the first Ive heard of NASA live, gonna check it out when I get a chance..

Ty for the post S&F

DPP

edit on 13-2-2011 by GrisGris because: added great pic

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by leaualorin

As much as I would like to flame your a** I am not in the mood, and also as I suppose your statement could be plausible merely because Its so close to earth.. however your confidence will recruit few and annoy many. Nobody here knows definitively what that object is assuming of course the footage is authentic.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

reply to post by leaualorin

As much as I would like to flame your a** I am not in the mood, and also as I suppose your statement could be plausible merely because Its so close to earth.. however your confidence will recruit few and annoy many. Nobody here knows definitively what that object is assuming of course the footage is authentic.

I "Feel you" !
whatever...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Ok at about 3:17 it shows what it looks like when ISS gets a visual of a re-Supply

Very similar...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Now please don`t jump on me if this seems idiotic to you.

The object looks vaguely triangular to my old eye, does it to you? The reason I ask is because there has been a rumour floating about for some time now that one of the attributes of Aurora is that it can resupply satelites. Perhaps that is what we see?

I know it seems big but there is also a rumour that there is one craft in the Aurora Project which is about 650 ft across.

Or am I being stoopid?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

There are literally an infinate number of possible orbits for an Earth satellite. While there are special orbits that are designed for specific purposes, two general classes of orbits have come into wide spread use for meteorological observations of the Earth: geostationary orbits and sun-synchronous near-polar orbits. In spite of the qualifiers, the sun-synchronous orbits are normally just refered to as polar orbits.

Earth's gravity extends out in all directions. Once an object is far enough in space it just orbits the earth unless it has jets attempting to propel it out of our orbit.

Thankyou the explanation and image they are helpful, the shape of those orbits surprises me.. and also someone needs to clean up that space junk asap.. I suppose NASA doesnt have a mum that cares enough just to say "Clean yo room fool"..

I "Feel you" !
whatever...

Lol cool feel u 2 bro

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
After seeing the re-supply video, that is what it looks like. In response to some earlier posts, NASA doesn't have the archives of live ISS feeds available to the public. A lot of people record the feeds 24/7 then review them and post anything they consider unusual on YT, same with STS missions.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by doubleperfectprater

hmmm,

According to this: spaceflightnow.com...

The Minotaur Rocket Launched on the 6th carrying a classified payload, and nothing else is scheduled until the 15th.

Could it take 5 days to show up? I don't think so.

So either the date of the video is wrong (Highly likely) or this is another space object that looks funny due to POV (Likely), A classified and secret space launch that isn't reported (Possible), Or an ET craft doing a terrible job of hiding itself and NASA not bothering to hide it (Least likely).

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

You summed up the situation very well, however, if it were proven that the date of the footage is correct this would become interesting.. not really much else to say here until we get some verification on the date of the occurance. I agree that is highly unlikely to be the Minotaur, but still a possibility.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by doubleperfectprater

I watch the live feeds all the time...here is my thread of videos I took while watching it. You see some really cool stuff, though most of it is reflection of the sun off the ISS...I have one which shows some very strange clouds etc...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Based on images and footage I've seen before, I think it's the Moon coming into view.

You can see an example here. The Moon in this image is reflecting sunlight whereas the video footage isn't. In terms of scale, they're similar.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
If the video is in real time then I dont think the moon would be moving quite that fast, unless the orbital movement of the ISS is making it seem as though its moving faster?

Reading that now SK

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just for those who think the OP's video is fake or sped up, I wanted to show one I took directly from the live feed. It is not sped up or altered in any way. I have a whole collection of them....Check out at 7:50 in the video.....a few seconds after that, you will see some type of squiggly thing go by.... I have no idea what it is but it's odd)....as you can see in the video, there are all kinds of blinking, and colored lights etc. I see these frequently on the live feeds, so it isn't fake. You can see more here www.abovetopsecret.com... If you start watching the feeds, you can really see some odd things! After seeing a few videos of the feeds, you can see they are not fake....these lights and strange things are going on all the time.

edit on 13-2-2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
That's phenomenal! Really.

I have to start watching the NASA feeds more. I'll be checking your thread!

Originally posted by StealthyKat
Just for those who think the OP's video is fake or sped up, I wanted to show one I took directly from the live feed. It is not sped up or altered in any way. I have a whole collection of them....Check out at 7:50 in the video.....a few seconds after that, you will see some type of squiggly thing go by.... I have no idea what it is but it's odd)....as you can see in the video, there are all kinds of blinking, and colored lights etc. I see these frequently on the live feeds, so it isn't fake. You can see more here www.abovetopsecret.com... If you start watching the feeds, you can really see some odd things! After seeing a few videos of the feeds, you can see they are not fake....these lights and strange things are going on all the time.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GrisGris

Yep....a lot of it is light refraction, but it's still beauitiful. You will usually see that as the station enters sunrise or sunset....the ISS goes around the earth so fast, that the astronauts see sunrise every 45 minutes! I just filmed one when they are heading from light into the dark side of the Earth.....so beautiful! I'll post them on my thread when I convert them. Did you see the squiggly thing I mentioned? I have no idea what that is!

Here is a link to the Nasa sight where you can watch live
www.nasa.gov...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Watched it three times and still can't see a thing!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join