It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul smear machine already in full effect

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
The mainstream bought and paid for politicians would rather put up complete no-hopers to throw the election rather than allow Paul to run and win!
Oh yeah, they already did that last election didn't they, with McCain, then threw in Palin just to seal the defeat!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elieser
Why are people saying that he is unelectable?

my guess would be that in their eye
he doesn't look very presidential.
But I say to them, don't judge a
book by it's cover.

Another reason is, they might be thinking
that TPTB will NOT allow him to be president.
He basically goes against the grain in every
respect of the MIC.

Personally, I like Ron Paul but I do not think
TPTB will allow him to become president.
If the smear tactics do not work, then me thinks
he will have an accident that will prevent him
being elected. I hope that is not the case.

Besides, if he is elected, he can only do
what congress allows him to do. The cuts
he is purposing to the Fed Gov, you will see
about 3-4 million people out of a job. That would
probably push the unemployment rate up to around
20%. How is he gonna put those folks back to work?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

He's wants to make the markets truly free again. All of these big businesses belly-ache about regulations, but they are all for the regulations that make participation by mom and pop in their industries impossible. I would hope that "President Paul" would take these shackles off of the PEOPLE (corporations are not the people) of America, and legalize growing and industrializing hemp (for a start). This industry could create millions of jobs. More importantly, it could inspire folks to start working with their hands again, and not just be allowed by the government(in hemp's case), but encouraged to do so. With Paul in office when this prohibition ends, congress won't be able to pass laws that force people to have a license to grow it or process it. These ridiculous permits and licenses that rise more and more in cost, are part of what discourages mom and pops from participating in commerce.
There are countless uses for hemp, and countless more that are not discovered yet (or need rediscovering). My best hope is that America would enter a renassaince period, and once again, everyone in the world would be clammouring to buy our products (tools, fabric, art, medicine...).

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hazel622

so what ur saying is:

all those folks out of work
could just start their own legal
drug manufacturing business???

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

I am saying that all those unemployed people could make arts, crafts, furniture, fabric, clothing, tools, and food. One of the byproducts of an abundant supply, use and development of hemp would be the production of new and effective medicines by people who are qualified to do so. Another would be the production of plastic-like materials that would replace the toxic production of today's plastics.

posted on Feb, 17 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
In relation to FOX NEWS Caught Distorting Reaction to Ron Pauls CPAC Win and their subsequent attempt to make it look like an accident...

Originally posted by CX
Well i just looked on Fox's news website.....rather than a front page apology, as expected they've tucked it away at the side of the politics page...however...

If they are so sorry about the mix up, why do they have a 7 minute video, the first 40 seconds is the apology, followed by the bit they were not supposed to air? They immediately show the 2010 clip with all the booing, complete with the interview with Ron Paul afterwards. They still ask Ron Paul who was in the crowd booing.

video.foxnews.com...

Why have that in the video apology? Leave it in the archives.

CX.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join