It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horses drop dead in bizarre scenes at Newbury

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Horses drop dead in bizarre scenes at Newbury

www.telegraph.co.uk

Two racehorses dropped dead in front of shocked spectators in bizarre scenes at the start of the prestigious Tote Gold Trophy day at Newbury.

Nick Scholfield, the jockey who was to have ridden Marching Song, said: "I've never seen anything like it before in my life. When we walked onto the grass his legs went like jelly and he fell to the ground."

"I've seen horses have heart attacks before, but this was different. They seemed petrified."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.telegraph.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Mystery Bird Die-Off In Sonoma County
Cause of Mass Honeybee Die-Off Found by team of Army and Entomologists
Update on Bird Die Off - From "Ground Zero"

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Could this be related to the massive animal die-offs?

The people think it was electricity, but the cable in question has no apparent damage. If you watch the video, the older guy in red seems to also question this electricity theory and also adds he has never seen anything like that before.

It's all speculation now, but I'm skeptical that electricity killed these two horses.

Curious what ATSrs think, and if anyone has ever seen something die of electrocution, does the video (additional news link) look like an electrocution?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by BenIndaSun

This topic is already being discussed Here

It seems to have been a faulty underground electrical cable, but they are going to carry out post mortems on the horses

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Very weird indeed...especially how they just...collapsed(legs like jelly) I really can not put anything together other than it was some kind of shock induced by electrocution or something they had both eaten... synchronized die offs?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now
reply to post by BenIndaSun

This topic is already being discussed Here

It seems to have been a faulty underground electrical cable, but they are going to carry out post mortems on the horses

Thanks, I didn't find it because I searched for 'horse', 'electricity' and 'death'

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the existing thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
looking at the footage I'm having a hard time explaining this as electrical shock... The horses never had the moment where you'd expect them to "jumpstart" from a electrical shock... they seemed agitated alright but anybody who is familiar with the effects of electricity on an organic body will know that a response from being shocked is alot more intense and acute AND shorter then what is being shown in the vid...

Guess we'll have to wait...

new topics

top topics

join