It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New 'Montauk Monster' Washes Ashore On Long Island

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

I received these photos and message today: I came upon this creature on the beach on Long Island in Glen Cove N.Y. today 2/12/11. Glen Cove is located in Nassau County, New York on the north shore of Long Island.

Photos: New 'Montauk Monster' Washes Ashore On Long Island

NOTE: this may simply be a dog or an indigenous mammal...what's your opinion?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Its hard to tell because the remains look very badly decomposed, the back right paw/foot looks very dog-ish to me though as well as the head. Hard to say really cuz it looks as though it was in the water for a long time.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
It would be good if the photographer had of placed a ruler or something down next to it so we could get an idea of its size too.

Being in the water it probably would have swelled up a bit too. Maybe that's why its head looks a bit weird.

One thing I know for certain is that there are creatures in this world that TPTB don't want the masses to know about because if they did, it would open up a huge can of worms.

I'm on the fence with this one. 50% dog, 50% unknown creature.
edit on 13/2/11 by NuclearPaul because: typo

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yeah sure looks like some underwater monster with that snout/paws/hair.
No offense OP but I'm pretty sure you already know the answer to the question you're asking.
Why do these photos get posted and who are the people that buy it?
I love an interesting mystery as much as anyone but looking at bloated decomposing dead dogs/coyotes which get posted every month is a little ridiculous.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
It can't be a dog, look at it's nose. And I don't know any dog with a head shaped remotely like that or with a neck that long.

It's almost like it's got Lions back legs and a horses head. Weird!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Also, dogs only have four toes on their hind feet whereas this creature clearly has five.

The corpse is unusual for sure. I don't know what it could be but the paws could point the way to an answer.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
probably just the japs experimenting again, like where they made mice that sing like birds and rats with long legs.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
A polar bear perhaps? looks like white fur to me, the claws look 'polar bear' also.
just a thought.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It looks very similar to the first montauk monster if I remember correctly.

My call is A.Hoax (made to look like the others) B.Real montauk "creature" C.Some kind of known animal

What I want to know is,if these are all dogs,why the hell do they keep washing ashore? Weird bloated,wet dog corpses ain't washing up everywhere else in the country and getting reported on.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
As someone else already mentioned....there's no way it's a dog. The toes are more finger like and do NOT match those of a dog.

I'd be more inclined with what someone else suggested....looks like it could be a bear. It has claws like a bear and a wide head.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silver Star
Also, dogs only have four toes on their hind feet whereas this creature clearly has five.

The corpse is unusual for sure. I don't know what it could be but the paws could point the way to an answer.

The only North American mammals with 5 toes are raccoons, weasels (including otters) and opossums.
That's not including bears as this is way too small to be one.
There ain't enough left of the poor thing to make a decision, at least not with those pictures.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Asktheanimals because: added comments

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
This corpse looks like a bear to me. The size and shape of his head is definately "bear-esque" The fur around his head is brown, while the rest seems lighter, but that could be bleaching from the sun depending on how long it's been dead floating around in the water. Water does horrific things to corpses, often making them unrecognizable. This could also be a young bear as opposed to a full grown big bear, but it also looks largely decomposed, and the fact that there is no size referrence makes it even harder to identify.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Felyn because: to add content

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I think it's safe to assume they are doing genetic experiments on Plum Island. How else do you account for these mutant creatures?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
no way thats a dog, or half dog, or quarter dog.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Thats great

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
You should probably put a warning in the OP that the pictures are gross. I know it's obvious that they aren't gonna be pretty but a heads up would be nice.

It doesn't look like a dog in the head area and a few posters mentioned that dogs don't have that number of toes. The snout looks sheep or horselike. Can you contact your friend and get more info?

Where the remains moved? (He probably should have bagged them and froze them or something)
Can he give you an estimate on size?
Any more info, like were bones exposed, any suspicious attention from military etc, down at the beach?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Medieval1028

It probably is just a decomposing dog or racoon, similar to the other carcasses that have washed up near Montauk in the previous few years. But it is curious that an inordinate amount of these things wash ashore in that area, leading me to believe some kind of experimentation is causing these deaths.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
It would be good if the photographer had of placed a ruler or something down next to it so we could get an idea of its size too.

Thank you for bringing this up. I feel like this point should be the number one thing to do when taking photos of anything out of the ordinary. I have to say, the photos look good, like someone with great camera skills, but pretty photos do nothing to help identify things. If nothing else put your shoe in the photo, or a footprint in the sand, anything! It just makes things way easier. And I now step down from my soapbox...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
A Bear for sure, there is a place near glen cove where animals drown and get washed to the sea, i bet thats why all these animals keep washing up ashore

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It defiantly looks like a polar bear, paw's, the long neck, color of the fur...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join