It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

so my girlfriends dads a freemason

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
yeah so my girlfriends dad is a freemason apparently hasnt been to a lodge for years.
I find it really weird hes the only person i know who is 1..........

anyone else know someone in free mason?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
nah dude

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by pearcester
yeah so my girlfriends dad is a freemason apparently hasnt been to a lodge for years.
I find it really weird hes the only person i know who is 1..........

anyone else know someone in free mason?

Yeah my father in law was,i asked him why he left and he told me it really just a bunch of old dudes sitting around bitching about things,

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by pearcester

I am, So are many other members on ATS

reply to post by Travlla

Talk about missing the point entirely...
edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
My brother In Law, and His Dad. My Grandma's Dad was one too. It kind of died off in the family after that. She still has his robes and stuff. It's interesting, I wish I could go to one of my brother in laws shindigs but he's quite secretive about the whole ordeal to the point where he won't discuss anything about anything relating to what goes on there. He says he's not allowed under oath.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
My Dad and 1 of my uncles.

My dad was a police officer, and a detective. He is brilliantly intelligent. I think all this hype about masonry is BS.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

My grandpa joined them, but never went back after he was initiated. He never went back after he initiated, but he "donated" to them for the rest of his life - Why pay if he refused to ever go back? He realized the power the little lodge had over his town.

edit on 13-2-2011 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
HAHA love the title of this thread, kinda like a self help book SO YOU GIRLFRIENDS DADS A FREEMASON.
You should totally get in with them and then come back in 6 years and tell us what's going on...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
ah right so its just where hes the first person i know in it....

cheers for the imput guys

iv tried getting stuff out of him but he doesnt tell me much like someone else said already apparently just a bunch of blokes sitting around bitching

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Kind of reminds me about a story my uncle told me a while ago.

My great-aunt is a Freemason, and my grandparents used to have a joke about it if we went to visit her, about if we got initiated or did we learn any secrets.

So then, my uncle, who works as a fireman, was called to the Masonic Lodge at, well, lets just say a fairly big city in the UK.

The Masons refused to let him in, as he was not part of the society, but my uncle couldn't just leave because he said something about it being against the law to not inspect a building by a member of the fire brigade if an emergency has been called.

So after a little bit of debating on what to do, he informed the person he was talking to, that we had a family member who was a Freemason, and that he understood what it was about (and lifted his left trouser leg up (i understood that to be part of the initiation, sorry if i'm wrong)) as a kind of way of saying "see, i know".

So eventually, they let him in, and he inspected the building.

All he said was that it was odd in there, and that's all he'd say about it, despite us asking loads of questions.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

She should join a Ashler Lodge and honor her father.

Just sayin'

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
my gf's dad is a free mason also, Im always teasing her about it since im such a conspiracy nut, and she knows it. Her dad is still an active member, also a U.S. army sergeant. He doesnt talk about it much at all. He says that there are special catch phrases that can be said to test and see if someone else is a mason or not, its all in how the other person responds, just like sign/ counter sign.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RANDOMguess

Hahaaa...yeah...it kinda sounds like...well...it turns out my girlfriend's dad is in fact satan...do I plow a wooden stick through his heart, or what?
edit on 13-2-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
My uncle is a freemason, Nicest guy you will ever meet, Told me he joined while he was a pilot in the 60s

I seen him with the ring on over xmas and asked him for some sinister information but he didnt really have much to say about it,

When i was younger i worked with my mother glass collecting at the masonic hall in Preston England, Never seen anything sinister just a lot of old white me who tipped good,

But one day when i was ready to go my mother told me we wont ever be going back there, Never told me why tho,

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson

reply to post by Travlla

Talk about missing the point entirely...
edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

What's the point then Einstein ? He also said it about bettering one's self and helping others,we discussed the ceremonies he'd been in. I told him some of the stuff i have read on here about the Mason,he laughed and shook his head,I asked him about the mason's and the illuminati ,i was told that mason's are good and the illuminati were bad,he also mentioned the templar knights,

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Travlla

What's the point then Einstein ?

I wont reward that paticular gem with a response.

it('s)about bettering one's self and helping others.

Now were getting somewhere, Thats the entire point which was absent in the original response which didn't really enlighten the conversation in any way.

I told him some of the stuff i have read on here about the Mason(s),he laughed and shook his head.

I imagine he did, as have i on many occasions

I asked him about the mason's and the illuminati ,i was told that mason's are good and the illuminati were bad,he also mentioned the templar knights.

Overall it sounds like you had a good conversation with him which coverd a lot of the basics, I also imagine you took a lot more away from this enlightening conversation to not post the somewhat useless description of a freemason as "just a bunch of old dudes sitting around bitching about things".
Or This "conversation" never happend/ You wernt really paying attention at the time

edit on 13/2/11 by TedHodgson because: spelling

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

The OP asked who else knew someone in the Mason's,i replied i did,but he wasn't a mason anymore and i told him the reason i was told he left,sorry i didn't include the rest of the conversation,

Maybe i should also add he joined because of a Scottish friend of his,who is now his boss,this Scotsman ripped him off $15,000 which the company has now paid back to my father in law,Now this fat Scotsman is fairly high up in the masons,i have a feeling my FIL left the masons around the same time as he found out he was being ripped off through his company car allowance over a 10 year period,

this scam was uncovered by a company accountant and the money was repaid by the big boss with many apologies ,the Scottish mason got into a heap of trouble over this and nearly lost his job over it,Maybe my father in law was pushed out of the masons by the Scotsman or maybe he left because he could not respect an organisation that allowed a dishonest man to hold a powerful position,All i know is that he told me he left because it was just about old dudes bitching about things all the time,

edit on 13/2/2011 by Travlla because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

Im sorry if i sounded offensive in my original comment however i was merely stating that "A bunch of old blokes complaining about things" Essentially misses the entire point of what freemasonry is really about, However i will agree with you in the fact that even in the Masons corrupted individuals have infiltrated them

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

No stress matey,i can't tell you what the Masons are about because i don't really know jack about it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I found out sunday aswell he was the leader of his lodge aswell. Still no comments from her dad himself tho

new topics

top topics

join