It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama staking claim on the grounds for the 2012 Democratic National Convention in Charlotte,NC....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I live in Charlotte and this has been a bit of an issue the last week or so. Patrick Cannon is an African American Male who is the Mayor pro-tem for Charlotte. He is also close friends with President Obama. The 2012 Democratic National Convention is in Charlotte,NC.

Not too long ago a White Supremacist group was forced out of reservations for a hotel due to the Mayors email message and conversations behind the scenes to keep them out. I am by far no racist but when a Mayor pushes away thousands of dollars in business then he is keeping a clean grounds for the Democratic National Convention...i sense that Obama and his friend Cannon are laughing behind the scenes because they got one over on the White Supremacist. Good for them!

Here is the link....

www.wcnc.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Ah, the sneaky war between bigots - good to hear it nonetheless.

S+F

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
And yet if white business owners and a white mayor had done the same to a black group, there would be howls and gnashing of teeth. What does this say about who the racists truly are?

NewsChannel 36 did obtain a copy of the email sent from Cannon's personal account and it reads:

Subject: Re: Southern Anti-Racist Network

I have all hotels, motels, and gotels on notice and they seem to be cooperating well still. An attempt was made for accommodations at another hotel but based on what I ask to take place they were denied again. It's my thought that they will still try over and over even if they end up in Cabarras County or Rock Hill. I will keep the level of intelligence up as best I can.

Can anybody say first amendment violation? Or Section 14 of the North Carolina state constitution

Sec. 14. Freedom of speech and press.

Freedom of speech and of the press are two of the great bulwarks of liberty and therefore shall never be restrained, but every person shall be held responsible for their abuse.

edit on 13-2-2011 by sonofliberty1776 because: (no reason given)

new topics

join