It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to take a leap of faith?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitoshura

A bit of the old dutch courage eh. Personally I don't need any government to tell me what is out there, when the evidence is all over the place if people care to separate the wheat from the chaff...

I think a good place to start would be setting up a blog and running a petition, then sending the said petition to all the government outlets. It would be a start.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What would you do if, say, you were the father to many small children.
You'd got into some really bad trouble and there was simply nowhere to run as those you angered approached, intent on killing you all as punishment.

What would you tell your children? Would you be able to reveal to them, those who look to you for safety and guardianship, that terrible truth of impending atrocity and your lack of power to avoid it?
That some really scary, nasty people are coming to kill you all and you can do nothing but wait and ponder the inevitability?
Or would you try to hide such an abominable truth for as long as you could, from those you love dearly, in a vain attempt at making their last moments less fearful and anxious while you perhaps desperately sought any means by which to save yourself and all you knew from such a threat?

Knowledge is power (if one can apply it, of course), but Ignorance truly is bliss.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OptimisticPessimist

What would you do if, say, you were the father to many small children.
You'd got into some really bad trouble and there was simply nowhere to run as those you angered approached, intent on killing you all as punishment.

What would you tell your children? Would you be able to reveal to them, those who look to you for safety and guardianship, that terrible truth of impending atrocity and your lack of power to avoid it?
That some really scary, nasty people are coming to kill you all and you can do nothing but wait and ponder the inevitability?
Or would you try to hide such an abominable truth for as long as you could, from those you love dearly, in a vain attempt at making their last moments less fearful and anxious while you perhaps desperately sought any means by which to save yourself and all you knew from such a threat?

Knowledge is power (if one can apply it, of course), but Ignorance truly is bliss.

You have no real idea if that's the case though, do you? If that's the case, then protesting isn't going to do anything, agreed. It will just cause problems.

There's a group out there that can prevent that happening though if it's the case. I have no clue who they are but I just know for a fact that there is. Sounds weird, but doesn't something inside of you tell you the same thing? Do you really believe we've had it and there's no defence? There is a group. Some will say alliance, etc, etc, but I don't want to sound like I'm coming up with some type of fiction or that I've read a website about galactic commands and just blindy believe it. I just know it deep down, and so does every single one of us if we really use our intuition.
edit on 13-2-2011 by Hitoshura because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimisticPessimist

I don't think that is a realistic comparison. Should ET be here or have been visiting and our governments know about it, indicates ET is no threat to humanity or the planet. Why? Because we're not talking about a short amount of time to prepare. We're talking at the minimum, 60 years of training, R&D, looking for weaknesses and preparation of the public..possibly militia training or at the least some kind of underground shelter program where people can hide.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

Have you watched the coverage of the UFO/Disclosure conference at the National Press CLub?

They organized many of the top cases and witnesses, then laid it out there.

Similar to what you are referring to, without the street protests. The only problem I would see with a protest based movement is that it would not get widespread coverage, due to the perceived aura around the UFO/Alien subjet in the general public.

It is a good idea and I may be very wrong about such a movement not recieveing(?) much coverage.

Maybe if a lot of the most powerful people were kidnapped and held at our own Guantanamo camp, water-boarded daily and then made to tell what they know... or hold them until the governments came clean with what would be satifactory.

The problem with that, besides the sheer stupidity of kidnapping anyone, let alone top ranking members of government would be if the governments would just say 'go ahead, let them die or just keep them forvever, the topic is too important to disclose..... or even worse, go through all that trouble to find that the government really has nothing to disclose that is groundbreaking, society changing info.

Fantasy talk ofcourse, maybe peaceful protests would have a profound effect. It just seems that if the government doesn't want you to know, you won't

Apparently they even have protocols on how to lie to the public when a situation arises, to keep hysteria or general knowledge from breaking into the masses.

Information like that would definitely change life, and the way we live it on Earth, forever after.

Are you ready for the consequences of such knowledge? I am fairly certain, while many would be able to handle such lifestyle devastating news, there is a large portion of the population that just couldn't handle the news of 'aliens are real, they have been visiting for years and continue to this day'

Complete breakdown of society as you and I currently know it.

Good or Bad?

I wouldnt cite the disclosure group in this case - led by Dr Greer, the same man who was charging what, 800 dollars? To see a picture of an overexposed moth?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

It seems I have jumped the gun saying the world would not handle the information. It does seem we are slowly being patted on the back thats its going to be ok, aliens are real. I did not realize that amount of people in the US beleived in UFO's. I wonder what the percentage was 20 years ago?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join