It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rwandan government wants to sterilize 700,000 of its men.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
We thought we had a problem with the government touching our junk in this country; in Rwanda, the government wants to sterilize 700,000 of its men as part of a population control effort.

YIKES!

Rwandan Genocide Redux?

Not too many years ago, 800,000 Rwandans perished when their country descended into a bloody civil war. Now their government, with the encouragement of groups funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development, appears poised to launch a nationwide sterilization campaign that may have equally disastrous demographic consequences.

The plan calls for 700,000 men to be sterilized over the next three years. To put this number into perspective, bear in mind that, according to the latest UN Population Division estimates, the entire male population of Rwanda is only 5 million. Moreover, of this number roughly 70 percent are not candidates for vasectomies, since they are under the age of 20 or over the age of 50. This means that, of the 1.5 million men who are left, half are slated to be sterilized.

Not only this, but back in 2008, health officials informed the BBC that these "circumcision campaigns" would be practiced first on "the newborn and young men in universities, the army and police." It appears that the army and police will be first in line for vasectomies as well. While many Rwandans balk at the idea of being sterilized, "correspondents say many in the armed forces will regard it as an order" even though it will be "nominally voluntary."

The Rwandan government claims that it wants men to 'go willingly' for sterilization, but it also has a hard quota of 700,000 vasectomies which it wants to meet over the next three years. In PRI’s experience, every single time a sterilization campaign has had a target and a timetable, it inevitably involves coercion and other human rights abuses, just as surely as night follows day.

It may also reignite the Rwandan genocide, as the majority Hutus target the minority Tutsis for sterilization. We at PRI have documented many cases where U.S.-funded population control campaigns have been directed by an ethnic, racial, or religious majority at a despised minority.

Population Research Institute

They say its going to be a voluntary thing but, who wants to bet they make this a condition for receiving government services and such? I wouldn't trust a government official as far as I could throw 'em, especially when its my junk we're talking about.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I always said that Africans are like rabbits-it seems that the Rwanda government also knows this.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
In all honesty something kind of should be done globally on population control.. not murder or anything but if we keep multiplying there won't be enough resources eventualy for people to survive

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Kaz Sunstein has pitched this kind of idea a while back.
No surprise here.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
In all honesty something kind of should be done globally on population control.. not murder or anything but if we keep multiplying there won't be enough resources eventualy for people to survive

You first.
I will be ...........................right....................................................behind............................................................ ...................................................................................................................................................... ......................................................................................................................................

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I'm gettin a vasectomy soon anyways maybe I can get it for free!!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by syncelebrity
I'm gettin a vasectomy soon anyways maybe I can get it for free!!

You might not be laughing soon. A friend of mine got one a few years back and he was in pain for almost a week. Afterwards, he said he felt like his libido had gone away.

But good luck with that for you though.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

Rwandan Genocide Redux?

It may also reignite the Rwandan genocide, as the majority Hutus target the minority Tutsis for sterilization. We at PRI have documented many cases where U.S.-funded population control campaigns have been directed by an ethnic, racial, or religious majority at a despised minority.

Population Research Institute

Is it much easier to sterilize men than women?
Is tribal identity passed through the paternal or maternal lines in Rwanda?
I suspect it is about limiting the population of some of the people , not all of the people.

new topics

top topics

join