It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Watch!! Ron Paul 20/20 Banned ABC News Interview With John Stossel!!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I hope for America that Ron Paul is voted in! I hope for Canada that Ron Paul gets voted in. I hope for the world's sake.. that Ron Paul gets voted in.

S & F for a tremendous interview!

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissSmartypants

Originally posted by Analyze76
reply to post by ararisq

I grew up in the projects. I have built a suitable self empire of condos and houses with borrowed money that has been paid back in full. Ron Paul wants you to have "Gold".

That was done............... it failed. Wall Street gathered it all and charged you gold that you did not have because again.............(Wall Street had it all).

Since you are so smart I hope you will agree the dollar will NEVER crash because it can be valued 0, .100, .010 etc. You will be paid $100.00 hr and milk would be $40.00 a gallon in those instances.

Anyway while you go buy gold, an Alex Jones tape, or whatever, I think I'll go buy another condo so I can charge you 2 oz a month rent if your hopes come to fruition.

Well, I'm not quite sure what your point is in relation to the topic of this thread....but there was a time in America when we were on the gold standard, meaning you could take a dollar bill to the bank at any time and trade it in for a dollar's worth of real gold. The price of gold stayed the same so a dollar bill was always worth the same. The price of consumer goods did not fluctuate to any great degree and people could plan intelligently for their futures because they knew how much money it would take to live in their future...because it was basically going to stay the same. That was a time when the saying "Sound as a dollar" had a clear definable meaning to it that people saw reflected in their everyday lives.

I am new and was trying to respond to someone who plays know it all.

My point is if you have a total gold standard you cant "stretch" a dollar for all people to have an opportunity. I wont give away HOW I achieved my personal success, but read Rich Dad, Poor Dad. The fundamentals are the same.

If you did not save when the gettin was good then you have to do that BEFORE you would employ tactics in that book.

If we go to a gold standard China will eat us for lunch.

There IS massive corruption and fiscal mismangement. That must be fixed, but to believe that some fat punk from Texas (who would have never made it two blocks where I grew up) who tells you to hate your own government and have an attitude everytime you see someone in uniform is not the answer either.

He is getting alot of young kids to hate the government. (WE ARE THE GOVERNMENT) No self respecting Presidential Candidate would go anywhere near that clown and Ron Paul is on his show once a month.

comments....

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by YourWrong
uh oh im going to come out and say it first.
'Anti Christ'

"This is one of the key indicators of the timing of this coming world leader's rise to global power. He will arrive as a peacemaker during a period of instability and chaos when the world will be clamoring for peace."

your putting to much faith into this one guy to set America straight.

and "the correlation to 666"

Date of birth August 20, 1935.

8-2 6 1+5 6 9+3 6
or
8-2 6 19/3 6 with a remainder of 1+5 6

I agree with your point except that once you bring in the silly numbers to try to back up the theory, it destroys all the intelligence behind it.

Yeah, I agree, Ron Paul could be the deceiving unifier, the con artist. He is easy to like.

But... really? Picking and choosing numbers? Let's wait for the actual math to happen instead of making it happen.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
This interview was banned? Why? Ron Paul's ideas aren't off the wall. Why was it banned? That's extremely concerning.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Analyze76

My point is if you have a total gold standard you cant "stretch" a dollar for all people to have an opportunity.

If by stretch you mean print paper money that has nothing of value backing it ....or banks lending out the same money over and over again....well, that's a good a thing.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by MaryStillToe

if the dollars spent on attack were directed into defence ,IMHO there would be cash left over to offer to education and medical is the way i interpret what he is saying, therefore the population is fit and healthy to defend the country they love ,not attack other countries for oil and profits. (war pigs)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't be fooled by this man. I believe he is a stooge. Nothing more than a safety valve to allow voters to hear the prescribed cures for the economic and social ills discussed by popular political fringe elements like Peter Schiff discussed by a senator. At best his political posturing is allowed, at worst it is directed.

Look, ask yourself this. When has any president in your life time, or that of your grand parents' for that matter, attempted to single handedly run the show? Look what happened to Kennedy. A single term in office no returns.

Just on the subject of America and war Paul acknowledges he thought the US was justified in going into Afghanistan following 9/11 to hunt Osama BL. Refer to video 3. Well only if you believe in the War on Terror will you naturally love this. But to see the lie behind Paul's words you only need to stop and consider the recent history of US involvement in Afghanistan. OBL was fully supported by the CIA to form the rag tag bunch of terrorists, they were formed to resist the Soviet invasion of Afghanistan. The reality today of the so called AQ is highly questionable. It serves the purposes of justifying a war against any nation Washington declares AQ is located in. Including the US. The War on Terror has been a smoke screen allowing the US to drop diplomacy in favor of military might to pursue its commercial interests abroad, and in the US it allows the systematic dismantling of the constitutional rights of Americans at home.

The whole interview is a set up allowing Paul to push all the buttons of the viewer. The interviewer asks why should America not be the international police man spreading "goodness". And Paul does not question the obvious. America does not make war to spread "goodness". You know it.

Paul is a stooge. Don't be suckered in. The two party system in the US is just two hands of the same controller. Ron Paul is very much inside the system. Even if he wanted to change it the system itself would never allow it.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Great interview, even if the interviewer is a bit of a fool. Thanks for this, as I had not seen it. Did this actually air or was it pulled before broadcast?

Ron Paul may be our last hope. I don't know how much he could accomplish as Pres., what with all the interference from the rest of our elected fools in Washington, but I have heard of no one who even comes close to the ideals of RP. At least it would be a start towards a constitutional government which we haven't had since the War Of Northern Aggression, if not before.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

Paul is a stooge. Don't be suckered in. The two party system in the US is just two hands of the same controller. Ron Paul is very much inside the system. Even if he wanted to change it the system itself would never allow it.

Of course you are right. I have no doubt that Ron Paul truly believes in the things he espouses but perhaps he is allowed the exposure that he has to pacify people like us into thinking we have representation in the government. Bill Clinton and George Bush are both members of the Skull and Bones and behind those closed doors republican or democrat is irrelevant.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Of course, you also have to realize that his staunch belief that government has no business dictating or being involved in our private lives also means that if some states want heroin to be legal and prostitution to be legal that's part of the consequences of keeping the government from making our personal decisions for us. I'm certainly not for heroin addiction or prostitution...but I'm sure for freedom.

Funny you should say this. With all our War on drugs WE STILL HAVE HEROIN ADDICTION, PROSTITUTION. So how about the FREEDOM to STOP Wasting money paying ATF Assholes to Kill and inprison these AMERCIANS WITH Drug problems and use the money to help the Amercians with Housing problems.

Would you rather see Billions of dollars to InPrison a Haroin Junky for long enough for him to get out and CONTINUE TO do what they will CONTINUE to do regardless of governments best efforts? Or woudl you rather have WE the people BAIL We the People out not AIG??

Face it, We will have a drug problem so long as people WANT to do drugs. JUST Like Ron Paul said the Government IS NOT doing what they set out to do anyway so why are we putting so much money toward not just the forces we DON'T need but then to Inprison junkies? All the funding we spend on all that BS owuld bail out EVERY SINGLE STRUGGLING AMERICAN. So you tell us about freedom?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Haha I love in vid 3 when he says "What if Canada invaded Montana" Epic.

Deebo

I particularily like where he says that it's not our job to invade other countries to force them to be better people. He says it's our job to make us better people. I know he has some radical ideas and he pretty much wants to fix everything all at once, once and for all and that might be kind of scary at first but things would balance out and adapt to the new circumstances. Life would go on...only better.

I ABSOLUTELY AGREE I think this was my FAVORITE Part due to the FACT that he is totally correct. If we Ebolish all the Government Bologna we do NOT need. We will call it Government Bologna whole wipe. Like for example Bring ALL Forces Home, save Billions and put the Millitary Industrial complex OUT OF BUISNESS As they are the root of ALL our problems. Bring our focuss HOME. In doing that wed be bringing Home BILLIONS that coule be Applied toward our People.

The reason we are POOR is because of all this Government spending on Inprisoning Drug offenders. Irony Bill clinton and GHW Bush are two of the biggest drug dealers in History. How do they Justify busting a User?

Its like that Antivirus software that infects your computer with a Virus that offers to sell you the cure. They infect our country with Drugs then offer us the cure.

Its total Hypocracy. Our Government admits to Cheat, Lie Theft, Murder, doing biological war on our own people, Mind control on our own people. Monsantos admin allowed to become memebers of EPA and swing law the way they want it. All big business does it. Its called corporate espionage and they get away with it. We have rock solid proof yet why is NOTHING Done about it?

USA Is strait Fed up country and as Fed up as we are what right do we have to go tell the entire world what to do? I saw Hillery Clinton Mrs Drug Dealer stating how we need to Amercianize these mid eastern countries.. Why? USA is so screwd up why do we need to use Bombs and Bullets to make them be just like us?

We openly do to other countries exactly what we the people strive to break free from. The very foundation of our country. Yet we wonder why these so called radicals Hate us.

BTW Ron Paul Knows 911 was an Inside Job he just can not say that because there are to many of his voters that are brainwashed into the mainstream news and believe the Bologna.

If you do your research on the Bushes.. You will see GB JR was 110% behind 911.

The most Ironic thing about our Hypocricy is J Edgar Hoover was one of the most crooked criminals of all time. Its a Historicle fact. Yet to this day our FBI Building is named after the man and they keep Photographs of him on just about every FBI Headquarters desk. While they go around bashing in doors in the name of the Law and how things should be. Telling us what to do, how to live as Ron Paul woudl put it..

I PREY for Ron Paul to Win. Because if he does not. You better start your researching the Myan calander because shizle is going to hit the fan and the world as we know it is OVER!!

If we can not be Free than I welcome 2012 december. PLEASE Put an end to all the BOLOGNA!! One way or another. I prefer Ron Paul to Put USA Back into a FREE Country. Anyone trying to call on Ron Paul as a Liar or a Puppet is dissinformationist or just total Ignorant!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MissSmartypants

This man needs to be our president.

There is no purpose in saying anything else because it is pure truth. I will write this man in on the ballot, until the day he dies or somebody better comes along. I don't really see that happening in the near future.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by truth_ufo

If we can not be Free than I welcome 2012 december. PLEASE Put an end to all the BOLOGNA!! One way or another. I prefer Ron Paul to Put USA Back into a FREE Country. Anyone trying to call on Ron Paul as a Liar or a Puppet is dissinformationist or just total Ignorant!!

You footnote your post by preemptively shooting down any messenger disagreeing with your post?

Look at the title of this thread. The video is banned when it is released on the Internet for anyone to see. This is a ploy sell Ron Paul as an alternative. But he is no alternative. He is a representative of the Republican Party. That is the same party that only just the other day declared Obama and the Democratic party's budget measures did no go far enough in slashing expenditure. Both Republicans and Democrats are walking a little differently but are both on the same road.

Ron Paul postures as an alternative. He is allowed to because he represents a safety valve on real dissent against the present fraudulent two party system. If you doubt any of this look to historical record. The progression has been relentless, toward a totalitarian system where constitutional rights mean nothing for Americans.

Anything Paul says has been vetted and checked. The interview is a total sham, as those cosy one-on-ones with political figures usually are. I have pointed out in my post just above this evidence of the sham.

Don't be suckered by this man. He is a product of the system, and the system is corrupt and broken.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I know he has some radical ideas and he pretty much wants to fix everything all at once, once and for all and that might be kind of scary at first but things would balance out and adapt to the new circumstances. Life would go on...only better.

It is certainly better than staying on the path we are on now. Realistically, though, his plan would have to be implemented in steps. As he said, if we fix this, then this will naturally be fixed with it. You would have to set out a plan to first eliminate the programs that would help balance out the effects of eliminating a program affected by the first.

For example, he said we should stop providing medical care for children. He said it would naturally be unnecessary should we do away with medicare because hospitals would begin to provide help regardless. medicare would have to be done away with first, then care for children after things right themselves after that. I mean, that is what they do, right? The very foundation of medicine is to care for people. In the old days, people would give the doctor a loaf of fresh baked bread, give what money they could spare, or maybe do some carpentry and the doctor would gladly do it because that is why they became a doctor. Now, medicine has turned into an industry driven by profit once it realized it could get free money from the government.

None of this will every happen. The vast majority of representatives are in it for money and power. Until we start electing people like Ron Paul, who are in it purely to do what is asked of them in the constitution and make a meager living doing so, we will be stuck with money grubbing, power mongers who can give themselves raises when they don't need them and get incentives from special interests willing to go above and beyond to get what they want out of our representatives.

Congress is currently infested with disease. Ron Paul has some kind of immunity to it. He is one of the only people who has the cure, but we chose to focus on treating the symptoms by electing people who promise to not do what their predecessors did Or promise us they will vote away our worst fears like poverty, gay marriage, abortion, global warming, terrorism, sickness, etc. regardless of the fact that it turns out to be a lie every time.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Look at the system in place. Look at the powers given to DHS and FEMA. Look at the posturing of our financial system. The fact of the matter is that the system in place is cocked and loaded. If we get the the wrong guy in power and continue to elect the status-quo that hammer is going to drop and we'll have an open dictator saving us from "ourselves" using a convenient existing infrastructure. Honestly, what have we got to lose here? This next election is it. All or nothing in my opinion. Why not Ron Paul? Who else is there? Romney (=Bush)? Palin (Ha!)? If there is a "dark horse" they better show their face soon. It may be likely that Palin gets a mystery stash-o-cash like McCain did, to run and win the primary That is a scary thought.

The dems have been quiet. Will there be no challengers to Obama? Who could compete with his billion dollar campaign budget?

The only thing that can save Obama's presidency is a MAJOR INTERNATIONAL CRISIS that if I'm not mistaken is currently unfolding in the Middle East and the world will call on him to save us all and Israel, well mostly Israel. (he did after all, win a peace prize for...uh...um...oh, yeah something he never did. Unless bombing people is an act of peace).

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

I was thinking that I little bit too, then this came up, and now I know the opposite is true.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

No, you were correct with the first thought. Ron Paul is a serious stooge. There is a lot of money being poured into the creation of Paul as the 'real alternative'. He is not. By getting you to vote for him they succeed in turning you away from looking for a real alternative. By feeding you false hope in the illusion of Paul as the captain who will turn the country from the rocks of economic and social ruin, they blind you to the fact he belongs not only to the party but the very corrupted system to blame for setting America on this course in the first place.

Anyway. You would be voting for another John Kerry, or Al Gore, and not the next president in the wings. Or maybe the next one will not be a president at all. Maybe a general. That's where this seems to be heading.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallone

He is a part of the system, true, but I have never heard a GOP politician say end American imperialism because it's wrong and we can't afford it.
Have you?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join