It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul wins CPAC poll, again.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Ron Paul wins conservatives' straw poll

WASHINGTON -- Texas congressman Ron Paul won the straw poll at the Conservative Political Action Conference for the second straight year Saturday and former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney finished second. Paul got 30 percent, while Romney got 23 percent of the votes of those attending the conference in Washington.

Paul is a hero to libertarians and has a fiercely loyal following. Others were grouped far behind.

The poll found the top issues for those at the conference were reducing the size of the federal government, reducing government spending and lowering taxes.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
TPTB do their best to spin the results saying that Ron Paul supporters somehow hijacked the results. They are threatened by Ron Paul's message of true Conservatism and Libertarianism as he is a critic of every big government program from the unPatriot Act to the policy of endless wars.

"Defend Liberty"

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Good news, although I still think he makes way too much sense to be elected, which is a sad thing to say.
There's a couple o threads on this already too

www.abovetopsecret.com...

peace,
spec
edit on 12-2-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Would love to see something come from this. And I'm fully prepared to campaign and get the word out about him, again, but we all know these things don't matter in out voting structure. He won all polls last year and still did not make it. Nothing would make me happier then to see him as president, but whats the likelihood of it happening this time?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

This guy is the real deal. He just doesn't follow the "republican" sound bites, he explains his reasoning behind his beliefs and backs it up with historical research. He's steadily increasing his appeal as more people are taking time to listen to his speeches. I feel the two parties would be absolutely horrified if he was elected president. I think he would stir up the rats nest in D.C. and expose the criminality that is embedded in the two party system and the Federal Reserve.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
reply to post by gladtobehere

This guy is the real deal. He just doesn't follow the "republican" sound bites, he explains his reasoning behind his beliefs and backs it up with historical research. He's steadily increasing his appeal as more people are taking time to listen to his speeches. I feel the two parties would be absolutely horrified if he was elected president. I think he would stir up the rats nest in D.C. and expose the criminality that is embedded in the two party system and the Federal Reserve.

I completely agree, but I also think there are those with alot of power behind the scenes that would keep him from winning even though a fair vote would easily elect him. But they would fight it either through cheating or a JFK scenerio. I'm excited for his potential bid announcement and run though. Getting more and more amped up as the season gets closer. He's rumored to be announcing his bid next month at the Presidential Lecture series in Iowa I believe it is.

edit on 12-2-2011 by DeadStarState because: I'm a stickler for spelling, had a correction.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join