It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany: Burning bright object falls (?) from sky

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

That is one MONDO big piece of space trash or meteor otherwise it would have already broken up!

I'm not much for "the aliens are coming...run away" stuff but does seem strange how it didnt stay straight on course.

Thanks for this! sandf!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by tommyjo

What does one man's prospective have to do with another man's?

These are two separate events by two separate people.

So if you ever walked into a sliding glass door thinking it was opened but wasn't then...we ALL better watch out!?
Is that how your philosophy and reasoning goes?

Just trying to grasp where you're coming from Tommyjo!

Perspective in relation to photography and when viewing objects. Think about it? Is the contrail in the following video going straight up in the sky? How would it appear if the aircraft in the following video was going away from the camera. Think about the Berlin video - the trail is going away therefore how would it appear in relation to the cameraman?

This cameraman in Florida was convinced that this trail was going vertical. He even posted on ATS as he was confused. The contrail is horizontal but the cameramans perspective makes it appear that it is rising vertically.

TJ

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Not sure what to think about this one. It does appear that the sun has just set over that horizon. You can kind of tell from that purplish glow low in the sky when the camera pulls back. But something about the front end of the thing didn't exactly scream "jet". That could just be due to the distance.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I was interested in this video and read through the thread.

At first it seemed quite anomalous. But I think the case has been made and it is pretty much proven that this is an optical illusion. It is either a jet - or a fighter plane being refueled as was also brought up - and it is high enough up to catch the bright sunset light to give it an oversaturated and odd look. The angle and the perspective is off and it is hard to say how far away it is and which way it is heading. The plane could be making a very sharp right turn. Behind the obscured plane is the exact same contrail that can be seen behind all planes - with the 2 lines.

It's just a freakish angle and looks deceiving.

The power of suggestion and the desperate need for UFO believers to have vindication is what I think is driving this thread and the fact that it is posted in the Aliens and UFOs forum...
edit on 12-2-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Once again, you're doing the same thing. You're lumping every single sky-gazer who happens to see something unusual, as incompetent judges for distance and reality.

Yes.
We GET it.
The sky certainly CAN be tricky as far as determining altitude and trajectory at times.however, that doesn't make every single person wrong who makes a claim!

Why can't this just be space debris? Too Sci-Fi for you? It's never been filmed before? Too out of the ordinary for your liking?
I just don't get it TommyJo.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I say it's Chinese space junk.
Them folks are now polluting our solar system.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons

edit on 12-2-2011 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

Didn't you have photos on this post? If so, why'd you take them off? I wanted to get back to it just now and comment.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

I meant in comparison to the contrail. The contrail is obviously a lot higher than the clouds and reflecting more light.

www.iozzi.net...

TJ

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Why can't this be just a contrail?

As for the guy on youtube saying it was falling, well, he's wrong.

He obviously doesn't understand perspective.

Have a close look at this picture:

The contrail in this photo is horizontal, as are the power lines and road, yet none appear horizontal.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Someone already made a thread about this 24 hours ago,

An aircraft contrail highlighted by the sun. Some aircraft such as three-engined wide-bodies can produce unique and very thick persistent contrails.

LINK ->www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Maybe it is Semos returning to appease our ape overlords?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Human Alien wrote

The guy who filmed this object said it was falling towards the ground. Stop changing things up just to fit your ideology.

And obviously you don't, won't or can't understand perspective. Think about it? Think about how it would look to someone 20 to 30 miles to the east or west of the cameraman? To the cameraman, because of his perspective, a horizontal contrail going away from him would appear to be going down towards the horizon and appear to be coming down. Someone 20 to 30 miles to the east or west would see nothing but a horizontal trail in the sky lit by the sun. Someone viewing it 20 to 30 miles north of the cameramans location would see it rising into the sky. Where is all the mass reporting from other people in this location of seeing a fiery object heading for the ground? If it was truly falling towards the ground then lots of people from all those different perspectives would be reporting it as such.

TJ

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Not that my opinion means anything.
BUT...
Judging from the time of day, early morning or night.
Twilight is scientifically defined as the period, morning or night, when the Sun passes below the horizon and reflects off the upper atmosphere. It is my belief that the reflected rays are illuminating the con/chem-trail, note it’s the same color of the clouds during sunset sometimes, the other clouds might not be illuminated due to varying altitude. The object also appears to moving farther away from the observer as opposed to falling to the ground.

For me: It more likely a 747 flying into the sunset, at worst an old piece of space junk.Right?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
That's an ordinary passenger jet and the weird lighting is just caused by the angle of the sun reflecting off the clouds.

Take care.
edit on 13-2-2011 by JRCrowley because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
This video is the same was taken in the netherlands.

Dont know when.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

You are still not bringing anything to the table? Where are all the reports of this fiery object falling from the sky? So far there is only footage and stills from one persons perspective. Do you not think that there would be lots of people contacting media and emergency services on seeing this fiery object over Berlin heading for the ground? Fiery objects as big as this apparently heading for the ground would not go unnoticed. Most people seeing such an object apparently on fire in the sky would be reporting it as a crashing aircraft.Think about all the airliners in the sky during that period? Do you not think that they would be reporting this huge fiery object? That is why perspective is important in these cases and shouldn't be so readily dismissed.

As an aviation photographer I've seen hundreds of similar sunlit contrails. Nice to watch, but that is it. All I see is people being constantly fooled by misinterpreting what they are seeing.

Not the first time that such a lit contrail has been imaged. Is it another fiery object heading for the ground? As you can see it 'appears' to be heading towards the ground? Or is it just a transiting airliner cruising at height with its contrails lit by the sun?

TJ

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
weird...def some sun type lighting effects on teh trail but cool how it looks like a firey fight fist fistingly fisting its way into our already above top secret not so really top secret forum of information talking....yeah....2012 or something lollacaust anyways keep up the good work chuck

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I know....contrail, right?
But really....all joking aside because I truly think that's a joke, I've seen this before. Somewhere. Recently. Does anyone recall?

I don't know if I should say this...
Some might look "ugly at me"...
This exact thing was seen and in the South america , Mexic and some other STRATEGIC PLACES AROUDN THE WORLD!
It's all about a space war beeing waged by the reptilians that RULE US AND CONSIDERS US THEIR SLAVES and "other aliens" (I don't whant to get into EXACTLY WHO , but you can "guess" it's THE GOOD ONES about wich even the Bible mentions ) .
I don't think human beeings would admit it(what I have said a few lines above) not even if it was right in front of them...
Bush's Possible, But True Alien War.flv
www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
it doesn't look like your typical fiery contrail at sunset .. there are 4 points of smoke and the object is rotating to some degree, my guess a satellite burning up in the atmosphere, witch is not that uncommon but not a daily occurrence

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaualorin

I know....contrail, right?
But really....all joking aside because I truly think that's a joke, I've seen this before. Somewhere. Recently. Does anyone recall?

I don't know if I should say this...
Some might look "ugly at me"...
This exact thing was seen and in the South america , Mexic and some other STRATEGIC PLACES AROUDN THE WORLD!
It's all about a space war beeing waged by the reptilians that RULE US AND CONSIDERS US THEIR SLAVES and "other aliens" (I don't whant to get into EXACTLY WHO , but you can "guess" it's THE GOOD ONES about wich even the Bible mentions ) .
I don't think human beeings would admit it(what I have said a few lines above) not even if it was right in front of them...
Bush's Possible, But True Alien War.flv
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join