It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany: Burning bright object falls (?) from sky

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
It's definatley a contrail, not a smoke trail, it can't be something falling from space as it is travelling too slowly.

It certainly has an odd shape to it, I thought at first a couple of planes flying in formation, but as someone above pointed out its probably the shadow of the engine that gives the further back dark area.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plan9superuser
reply to post by Human_Alien

Not that my opinion means anything.
BUT...
Judging from the time of day, early morning or night.
Twilight is scientifically defined as the period, morning or night, when the Sun passes below the horizon and reflects off the upper atmosphere. It is my belief that the reflected rays are illuminating the con/chem-trail, note it’s the same color of the clouds during sunset sometimes, the other clouds might not be illuminated due to varying altitude. The object also appears to moving farther away from the observer as opposed to falling to the ground.

For me: It more likely a 747 flying into the sunset, at worst an old piece of space junk.Right?

Of course your opinion matters

I do consider what you and others are saying. I am just not conclusive about it, that's all. Hell, I am not conclusive about this being space junk either but seeing I don't know for certain, I lean towards this not being a regular plane. Doesn't mean I'm right. And doesn't mean we're keeping score either.

Thanks for stopping by and weighing in (and next time you disagree with the OP, you may be subjected to a time-out!)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
It's definatley a contrail, not a smoke trail, it can't be something falling from space as it is travelling too slowly.

It certainly has an odd shape to it, I thought at first a couple of planes flying in formation, but as someone above pointed out its probably the shadow of the engine that gives the further back dark area.

Yup, that's definitely being tossed around and considered.

But like I said just now, nothing is conclusive. But I see what you're all saying and why. I appreciate another angle however, I am very realistic about anyone (including myself) being so sure about anything especially when we weren't there and/or are only seeing it first time via computer monitor.

Opinions matter. But opinions don't create nor necessarily jive with the reality of any given situation. And right now, we don't know what the reality (not outward appearances but reality) was.

I am one to question everything especially when it appears to be one thing. We shouldn't be that complacent within our beliefs and dogmas because I am here to tell you (whether you want to believe or not) life is NOT what you think it is.
Sorry to be so esoteric but felt I needed to spew that out

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Man made orbital vehicles enter the atmosphere at something like 70 - 80 km/s, thats why there is friction with the air and why you get a fireball, the heat from the friction. There is no way that the object in the video is or was travelling fast enough to create such a fireball. The only way it could be a fireball is if it was a plane and it was on fire, and that would have been all over the MSM.

EDIT: Sorry, should have said non man made object hit the atmosphere at much greater velocities.
edit on 13/2/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
95% Certain that is a plane burning Hygroscopic Flares (or maybe silver iodide flares) that are mounted on its wings. It is a cloud seeding operation in progress.

Some info and pics here -

nawm aircraft

It's THIS right here, is the healthiest approach I can relate and subscribe to!

Seagles isn't say it is DEFINITELY one or the other. He/she holds onto that 5% of uncertainty and that my friends, is how we should go through life and how we should especially, semi-conclude things via the computer.

Thanks Seagle

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Surely if a meteor is fallnig to Earth with a shallow entry and is filmed heading away from the observer then it would appear to be entering at a slow pace even though it is moving quickly. In fact as far as i am aware meteors that enter slowly have a red/orange colour which would be consistent with the video, whereas meteors that enter quickly have a bluish colour which can be seen in the one that was filmed i think over Canada last year (might have been the USA i forget).

I think meteor rather than plane but both explanations are mundane.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98

More of these objects were filmed in Iraq by two soldiers using night vision . it is no drought the same object(s) this person filmed in Germany. There is more sightings of these things if you search you tube. They are strange though, they never seem to hit the ground in any of the footage I have seen.

here is the link,

UFOs sighted by Marines in Iraq
UFO sighted by Marines in Iraq 2008
Here is another one

And yet another one form 2007

edit on 13-2-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-2-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

It's stuff like that that makes me go 'hmmmmmmmmmmm'

What do you suppose these things are, if they're related?

Thanks for sharing those links!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by GetAGripPeople

I'm 99% sure that's a plane with contrails, glowing in the sun, that, from your perspective has gone down, but not for the plane.

Another healthy remark where he/she leaves a little room to reconsider. I like!!!
Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I'm going to have to join the contrail crowd here. Camera/plane perspective + sunlight shining on the contrails at a perfect angle. I'm a believer in UFOs as most of us are, but no...And it doesn't even look like a comet. Anything falling would fall much more quickly and not change direction. Maybe if it was falling out of orbit slowly at a very low angle, but I believe anything that would be burning like that would have sped up greatly, and quickly been pulled down. It looked like it was gliding, much like a plane, like many other videos on youtube where a plane is being filmed at those angles.
edit on 13-2-2011 by AR154 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by woogleuk

In fact as far as i am aware meteors that enter slowly have a red/orange colour which would be consistent with the video, whereas meteors that enter quickly have a bluish colour

Whilst the speed does have an impact, its actually the chemical make up of the meteor that gives the main colour, for instance sodium will produce orange-yellow light, magnesium creates blue-green, silicate will produce red colours, and of course there are others.

Even if the object was travelling away from the observer at its slowest speed it would still be moving quicker than in the video.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

Something leaving a trail that has been lit up by the evening light (sun is setting), just a thought...

Please don't quit your day job to become a detective

I'm just funnin' with ya.

You see, oddly enough, that notorious 'something' is what we all agree upon in fact, the smoke being lit by the Sun is something I think we're pretty much all on board with too.
We're just tryin' to figure out what that something is.

Sorry if I was sarcastic. You just made it too easy.
I appreciate you commenting though.
Really, I do

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
The Hand of God, or secondly, a Dragon. Enjoy the little Beautiful moments whilst you still can, the end of the world will come much too quickly for most of us !

Don't tell me, lemme guess....you're a motivational speaker, right?

PS. The hand was something weird, eh?

Which reminds me: I have a question to the smart ones, how come the jet exhaust, contrails, weren't burning (or producing vapors) evenly? What say you to THAT?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by Seagle

It's not a plane seeding clouds.

The OP video shows a jet at high altitude above the clouds.

Cloud seeding planes are small and fly through low clouds, the flares they burn don't leave a trail like we see in the OP's video.

-Its not a plane seeding clouds - You do not know that, it is just your opinion
-The OP video shows a jet at High Altitude Above clouds - Rubbish. Go and watch it again.
-Cloud Seeding Planes are small..fly low through clouds - Size of plane is irrelevant to cloud seeding and it no longer just involves flying low through clouds. In fact this is now considered the least effective method and programmes now use multiple planes seeding three different altitudes
- Flares don't leave a trail like in OP's video - Rubbish. There are now many different types of flares used and test on different chemical combination continue. All of which burn and leave a trail of hot particles which can look very much like the op vid in the right conditions and time. They are not all silver iodide flares as most people think, here is an example of another bright cloud seeding flare-

Potassium perchlorate is preferred as the oxidizing agent in view of its ready availability and relatively low cost. During the burning of the pyrotechnic formulation, the potassium perchlorate is reduced to potassium chloride (KCl) which forms at least part of the seeds or nuclei. Once precipitation has occurred, the seeds or nuclei are deposited on the ground, and the seeds or nuclei should thus, as regards their chemical composition, be as environmentally acceptable as possible. Potassium chloride is often used as a fertilizing component, and hence the potassium chloride present in the seeds or nuclei is environmentally acceptable. The pyrotechnic or combustion formulation may also include an oxidizable substance, such as magnesium (Mg). It may also include a hygroscopic substance which is substantially unaffected by the combustion of the formulation, such as sodium chloride (NaCl). The pyrotechnic or combustion formulation may thus be such that the seeding particles comprise KCl, NaCl, and MgO. The pyrotechnic formulation may also include other components such as binders and additives. The formulation may thus comprise a hydrocarbon binder, magnesium, sodium chloride, potassium perchlorate and lithium carbonate. For example, it may comprise (by mass) 18% hydrocarbon binder, 5% Mg, 10% NaCl, 65% KClO4 and 2% Li2 CO3. The pyrotechnic formulation is characterized by the absence therein of silver iodide, urea, and solid carbon dioxide.

edit on 13-2-2011 by Seagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Whilst the speed does have an impact, its actually the chemical make up of the meteor that gives the main colour, for instance sodium will produce orange-yellow light, magnesium creates blue-green, silicate will produce red colours, and of course there are others.

Even if the object was travelling away from the observer at its slowest speed it would still be moving quicker than in the video.

I'm aware chemical composition affects the colour of the flame but i thought entry speed also did that, the hotter it gets the further the light moves toward the blue end of the colour spectrum, or am i incorrect?

However i disagree that the object would be moving faster than this, well i'm not argunig about it's actual speed only it's observed speed from where the camera guy is. Check out this video of space junk breaking up, it's quiet slow going.

www.liveleak.com...

And just because you might find it interesting, here is the bright Canadian one from last year. It doesn't prove my point i just think it's really cool.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

No, you are correct, i did say that speed had an impact :-p but the chemicals give it it's main colours.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
For me it looks like an airplane flying directly in the line of observation. What we see is a contrail highlighted by the sun. It definitely not falling from the sky.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Weird, no idea what that is. It looks like there's actually four different pieces falling, so i don't think that would be a meteorite ? my knowledge here is a little lacking tho... I'd be interested to see if any videos pop up of what happens to it ? As in, did it just go out, hit the ground ? was there a big commotion going on underneath of it ?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is definately a chemtrail/contrail lit by the sun when it's close to or below the horizon. I have seen this several times at and around sunset myself. The speed of the airplane is also consistant with that of......
....you guessed it, an airplane!!!

The reason that it's just the contrails/chemtrails that are lit up by the setting sun is that it's higher up in the athmosphere than the rest of the clouds. The edge of the earth or other clouds somewhere closer to the sun blocks the sunrays at the lower elevations.

If this is a case of contrails or chemtrails is another story, but it certainly flies like a plane and behaves like a plane....

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Seagle

I want some links and sources to go with your claims please.

edit on 13/2/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Just looks like a plane to me. What makes you think it's falling? Did you not know that the earth (and sky) is spherical?

Sometimes I wonder why I bother with this website.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join