It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was BANNED!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dalan.
reply to post by Amaterasu

If there were anything at all conservative about the forum that banned you, they probably got upset at your posts because they made them think.

I surely hope I did! [smile] Thank you for your words.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
Some forums have an agenda, and if you go against that agenda you will get banned.
(been warned in another forum not to go against the ideals of the group - don't question, just agree)
You where likely in a neocon conservative forum.

Oh bud ... you don't get out much, do ya'?? Echochambers aren't just a 'neocon thing' ... everyone has 'em. Never been to the DemocraticUnderground echochamber? Go have fun 'trolling' (posting facts) and collect tombstones (being banned) for actually questioning the collective 'wisdom' there.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I don't talk politics too much, because those involved tend to sell-out.

Anyhow, Tea-party has been pretty much hijacked by the Republicans close from the start and Democrats have merrily been doing their thing. And the system here in the 'States has been worked over so much that it's rare for anyone independent or otherwise to get an honest shot.

I figure you must have poked around at a forum with a strong conservative bias to get hit with a ban-hammer over those topics. You'd think they'd want a more fair game from an economic standpoint? Think again.

Regardless of how the game is rigged, I still voted. Green, not because they're the best or anything. (They're still far from perfect in many ways.) But to make a point of how much the others seem to ignore what I want from government. The way I look at it is if enough people voted to make a point against the mainline parties instead of being scared and voting to balance one against the other (the ol' good-cop-bad-cop ploy in my book, and they're both eating all our donuts), perhaps those in politics would wake up and try to figure out what the people actually want.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Amaterasu,I'm not shocked not at all.You do talk about many radical things well,radical to conservatives and liberals.Talking about social evolution frightens many people much like discussing the idea of a open-resource economy it all comes down to one thing:change.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
hmm, yeah this is probably not the best thread to discuss the terra papers. you don't want me to post in the terra papers thread or just call you ?

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   

If everything is as portrayed, Jesus would likely be banned as well. How dare the "golden rule" be mentioned.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Kind of sounds like you had posted up on theplaceholder link as any intelligent post gets flamed.
edit on 14-2-2011 by Mine Not Yours because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo
hmm, yeah this is probably not the best thread to discuss the terra papers. you don't want me to post in the terra papers thread or just call you ?

I have very limited minutes and try to save them for prospective employers... [grin]

I'll U2U you.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mine Not Yours

Kind of sounds like you had posted up on theplaceholder link as any intelligent post gets flamed.

May be similar groups run that forum, however... "Conservative" is in the name of the board I posted to, so it wasn't there.

Guess there are a lot of less than open-minded boards out there.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Here's some weirdness...

I use Yahoo for my email. I received the ban notice and replied. The word "BANNED" was capitalized just as in the title here. I went to look at the email again - and guess what. It was GONE! *I* didn't delete it.

So I went and checked my sent items. I had an email sent to this board there - but interestingly, instead of the BANNED notice, which should have been in the text below mine, the text from the "You have been approved" email was there!

I have zero doubt my email account has been tampered with.

EDIT to add: Here's my outgoing email as it looks now. See if this makes any sense:

I must believe that when a person offers a well-thought out (even if wrong) point of view on a forum, if they are banned without intelligent discussion...it says more of the fears of the forum staff than of the efforts made by the poster.

That just this happened to me in your forum suggests you have a problem.

It leaves me with all the more certainty that conservatives, generally, are unintelligent (thus a fear of responding and sounding like an idiot), or like the poverty, slavery and misery they control - poor examples of Human Beings, in other words.

Thanks for reinforcing that for me.

Amaterasu

"If the Universe is made of mostly Dark Energy...can we use it to run our cars?"

--- On Wed, 2/9/11, [edited out] wrote:

Subject: Registration approved for [edited]
To: [edited]@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 10:12 AM

Hello, Amaterasu!

Congratulations and welcome.

Your membership application has been reviewed and approved by [edited] from the [edited] administration.

You can log in using your displayname (Amaterasu), your email address, or your user ID (Amaterasu).
Your current password is : [edited]

You may change your password after you log in by going to the profile page. Click the profile button at the top of the [edited] main page: http://[edited]

Regards,
The [edited] team
edit on 2/14/2011 by Amaterasu because: More to add

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well, it seems like the mods/admin thought you might've been trolling it up or just posting nonsense. Next time, start up with a thread in the Member Introductions section and maybe you won't be banned after making your first post a long essay of some philosophical ideology.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Well, it seems like the mods/admin thought you might've been trolling it up or just posting nonsense. Next time, start up with a thread in the Member Introductions section and maybe you won't be banned after making your first post a long essay of some philosophical ideology.

I suppose... But then why did it take so LONG? I would think 4-6 hours would be plenty for a forum to decide my work was "spam" to them.

It was between 18 and 20 hours.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Y'know, the more I think about how people who actually sit down and think about what I have to offer as my meager contribution to the pool of choices we make every day in the Now - well, most of them seem to understand that if the three Laws are kept in good will, abundance will work as a social solution .

Mea culpa. I give it to you to think about. [grin]

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Hmmm I like your analogy....I might have to use that sometime, with your permission of course.

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75

Hmmm I like your analogy....I might have to use that sometime, with your permission of course.

If you wish to use something of mine, I would be most honored.

Thank you for your response.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join