It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was BANNED!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANDOMguess
I got banned from the club for punching some dude in the face. Did you perhaps punch someone and the forget about it....you should retrace your steps.

Nope. LOL! Never hit anyone in my life. Besides, it's really hard to hit someone on an internet forum. [wink]

Thanks for the chuckle!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by Amaterasu

I was banned from a liberal site just for pointing out that Obama said "corpse"-man and he thought there were 57 states.

As in, "Marine Corpse?" LOL! Isn't it amazing how little education is needed to be successful in politics?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

If they thought I ripped someone off, they were perhaps unobservant.

Yes, well, that's a common condition here.

Who cares? I just read the first of your contributions and flagged it.
I think it really is interesting.

edit on 13-2-2011 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
most places 'screen' for this sort of stuff. its not unusual for whole posts to disappear, especially on wikipedia and youtube.

I've been banned from here for posting an image about iran well prior to any rumours of a war. and, I could care less about your terms on that matter. it was a legit post and whoever banned me is a word beginning with d. who was right huh

so yea good luck with the world as it appears to day its almost over.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
A couple of friends of mine and I trolled that whackedout echochamber Democratic Underground one day. We wanted to see who could post the most (conservative posts) before getting tombstoned.
I got something like 20 in before they got me. One of my friends managed 40 or so. It was fun.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

If they thought I ripped someone off, they were perhaps unobservant.

Yes, well, that's a common condition here.

Who cares? I just read the first of your contributions and flagged it.
I think it really is interesting.

LOL! Though it was not here but at the conservative forum that the lack of observation (if that was the issue) took place. I only had one such issue here on ATS years ago - I posted elsewhere and copied it to ATS as my own (since it was), only to have a mod put it in quotes with the link to where I originally posted. No biggie. I was "Amaterasu" there, too, so I figured the mod just failed in observation.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by madscientistintraining
most places 'screen' for this sort of stuff. its not unusual for whole posts to disappear, especially on wikipedia and youtube.

I've been banned from here for posting an image about iran well prior to any rumours of a war. and, I could care less about your terms on that matter. it was a legit post and whoever banned me is a word beginning with d. who was right huh

so yea good luck with the world as it appears to day its almost over.

There's a big difference between having posts removed and being BANNED, I think... But yeah, things will be changing radically.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
A couple of friends of mine and I trolled that whackedout echochamber Democratic Underground one day. We wanted to see who could post the most (conservative posts) before getting tombstoned.
I got something like 20 in before they got me. One of my friends managed 40 or so. It was fun.

LOL! I can see why someone might ban people who were being particularly obnoxious over time. But a single post (I consolidated the two threads here, posting one beneath the other)? And BANNING without warning? When the rules were not broken?

A friend said it looked like I hit a nerve. They may be right.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Perhaps they banned you because they thought you were soliciting. or spamming. or copyrighting, since they could search and find them here. Perhaps, they just thought you were off the wall, or going to be an issue. Did you have any other interactions at these sites? what are these sites?

All in all, I think you did a good job, question is, what exactly are the implications of such an outcome? Good, bad? Is ATS less credible, or are these "other sites" just being less talkative about certain discussions?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I perceive a cosmic sickness; a viral infection of body, mind and spirit; blowing on an ill wind that defies logic to divide us from ourselves and each other, where control is the operating system and fear is the goal.

manifest everywhere.....even cyber space..........especially cyber space!
edit on 13-2-2011 by whaaa because: fine tuning.....................

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica
Perhaps they banned you because they thought you were soliciting. or spamming. or copyrighting, since they could search and find them here. Perhaps, they just thought you were off the wall, or going to be an issue. Did you have any other interactions at these sites? what are these sites?

I have posted this information on about eight sites now - the conservative forum that banned me being one of the first outside ATS and ColbertNation (if you read The Abundance Paradigm, you'll know why I was there. LOL!), both of which have been the only forums I have been on for years. I signed up, waited to be "approved," received the email saying I had been approved, posted the two pieces, had no replies in 18-20 hours, and then the thread disappeared and I received an email stating I was banned.

No other communication.

As to which site it was, since this is more for the weirdness and not an attack on another site, I am not putting the specific forum name. I just feel that would be...I dunno...gauche?

All in all, I think you did a good job, question is, what exactly are the implications of such an outcome? Good, bad? Is ATS less credible, or are these "other sites" just being less talkative about certain discussions?

The outcome is the end of poverty and the attainment of complete power over oneself (but no others), a government of, for and by the people, and all the fresh, organic food you can eat. Sounds good to me...

Not sure I understand your last question. The sites that did not ban me (that being all but one) have been offering good questions and a lot of jackass comments - much like here (except ATS has a much higher ratio of good questions to jackass comments [smile]).

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I perceive a cosmic sickness; in body, mind and spirit. An ill wind that defies logic to divide us from ourselves and each other, where control is the operating system and fear is the goal.

manifest everywhere.....even cyber space..........especially cyber space!

I will not stop until they pry my work from my cold, dead hands! LOL! Yes, They surely like Their control and love to see fear, though I think you may have it backwards. Fear is the operating system and control is the goal.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I guess my last question was.. you being banned for this material, is that bad for them, or bad for ATS? granted it was the topic that got you tossed. Perhaps you just weren't conservative enough?

well enjoy

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Just to give you some insight, I have been banned by the DailyKos. For reasons stated above.
But I have also been banned by a Hannity website.

Most sites want to project an agenda. If you don't fall into their narrow paradigm, then you're gone. Heck, I'm a conservative, probably to the right of Ronald Reagan, but I am an Indy and don't agree with the republican party platform.
So even conservative folks like myself who want to interject common sense get canned as well.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

So even conservative folks like myself who want to interject common sense get canned as well.

Ideology and common sense have little in common.

Still being banned for expressing an opposing view is censorship and has no place in a free society.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I doubt there are many of any political leaning who will respond well to what amounts to a religious cult masquerading as socio-political movement. Conservatives being authoritarian in nature did their authoritarian thing by removing your right to speak freely. Maybe they'll create a free speech zone for you.

Or maybe they thought you were a spammer. You are promoting a book, aren't you?

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

They didn't like the cut of your jib, obviously.

Very out of order, to just kick you out without so much as a reason...even a contrived reason would have been something.

What's the name of the board...i have a mind to register and post similar posts as you did, just to see if i get booted out too.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myendica

I guess my last question was.. you being banned for this material, is that bad for them, or bad for ATS? granted it was the topic that got you tossed. Perhaps you just weren't conservative enough?

well enjoy

Ah. I think it's bad for them - they are keeping knowledge from being disseminated amongst their group. ATS, I think, will shine. The information was set forth here, first.

As to "conservative..." LOL! It is neither "liberal" nor "conservative." It is a whole new paradigm. Guess they saw what that would do to their power over others.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Just to give you some insight, I have been banned by the DailyKos. For reasons stated above.
But I have also been banned by a Hannity website.

Most sites want to project an agenda. If you don't fall into their narrow paradigm, then you're gone. Heck, I'm a conservative, probably to the right of Ronald Reagan, but I am an Indy and don't agree with the republican party platform.

Oh, I know about agendas. [grin] But it just struck me as odd that I got NOTHING in the way of comment, and then was BANNED just for the new paradigm I was introducing. Wow.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lilitu

I doubt there are many of any political leaning who will respond well to what amounts to a religious cult masquerading as socio-political movement. Conservatives being authoritarian in nature did their authoritarian thing by removing your right to speak freely. Maybe they'll create a free speech zone for you.

Or maybe they thought you were a spammer. You are promoting a book, aren't you?

[sigh] There you go with "religious cult" again. Given that ALL religious views are honored, and the people have the power in society, where do you come up with "religious cult?" Please be specific.

And... I left out links to books, did not mention books, and - again - ALL MY WORK IS FREE. I do not WANT money. I want to get rid of it.

EDIT to add: If you can't see that this is something *I* give to you, and that beyond that, *I* have no control - it's up to YOU to choose to make it work, *I* have no clue what to say to you.
edit on 2/13/2011 by Amaterasu because: to add...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join