It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was BANNED!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Always remember that site owners, administrators and mods sometimes have very personal attachments to their forums. Even if I might be so bold as to call them "unhealthy" attachments, so that any and all [even perceived] criticisms can result in any number of "punishments"

Needless to say I have learned my lesson. Or should I say.....Lessons!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I doubt it has anything to do with the content of your post. Most "conservative" forums are actually little more than heavily cliqued circle-jerks that talk of nothing other than how much they hate Democrats and how much hotter Ann Coulter is than Helen Thomas. It's invariably shallow and self-congratulatory.

It's not that you said something they disliked, but that your posts didn't have any of the stuff they DO like - bashing Democrats, hating gays, killing Muslims, and treating women like meat.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
The ideas presented are revolutionary as technology convergence can take many pathways in this world. The neo conservative branch is the most self centred, control orientated of the lot, promoting war and money with a megalomaniac dictatorship approach. The first time I head about getting rid of money I was like WTF
but how, what, then, who, is this person tripping? Since then I have learnt that it is a feasible proposition if the ideas and technology naturally present in this world is allowed to flourish instead of getting constantly chopped down. At one stage I did have a business building a robot, but a lack of support with retarded government games killed it. I am very much aware of their risks and capabilities. There are reasons a lot of this technology has been suppressed as fear and poverty is used to maintained a sense of power and control. This is what your ideology is up against in classic battle between the light and dark sides of the force. There are lots of glimmers of hope around, but still many challenges to go. May the force be with you.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The two party system sucks

If you posted common sense on some Liberal websites you would also get banned

that's why sites like ATS Rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

Non-Bias is the way to go

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Huh? If ATS leans anymore to the right it's gonna fall over!

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Well, honestly I am not all that surprised. I do not see anything you did wrong, but often, other forums are strife with mod abuse...

Post something that they disagree with or if you dare to have any kind of opposing view point they will swing that ban hammer.... That is one of the many reasons I do love ATS, for the most part ATS is very fair and train their mods very well and only select mods that they know will be fair and enforce the T&C to the best of their ability.

The only thing I can think of, assuming that it was not just a case of mod abuse ( Which I suspect is the case... I have been banned before for simply mentioning the word ATS on a different conspiracy forum...) is to take a look at their T&C. Is there anything in it, in which those two links some how violate the rules? I can't imagine that being the case....

But who knows.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Well, push it to the left then. ATS is member driven you know.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Well, push it to the left then. ATS is member driven you know.

I just don't really care anymore! I'm finding I belong with the fun loving party folks in BTS that still have a sense of humor not based in degradation, humiliation and namecalling.

I have grown weary of the "people like you" attitude that has overtaken ATS like a cyber tsunami, especially in the political discussions, but elsewhere as well. Civility is seen as a weakness.

I have been here long enough to see the changes. Perhaps it is just a reflection of society in general.

Sad really....

edit on 13-2-2011 by whaaa because: code blue

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Oh well.. the forums were probably pathetic so no loss!

IRM

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I think it's a direct result of introducing overtly political forums in the first place. it's like we've got two sits - one's an alternative / conspiracy site, and the other is World Net Daily having sex with Pam Geller on Fox news.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

well they believe quite a bit like the terra papers, so i don't think you would've had much argument with them in the long run. i was just recovering from a coma and was pretty much an emotional time bomb. any sight of mormon missionaries, sent me into MATRIX MODE (i swore mr. smith was modelled after mormons lol). over reaction, yes? YES! lol

by the way, i need to talk to you about some of my newer theories as regards the terra papers. need a phone number, preferably. unless ya wanna discuss in on the terra papers thread.

Unless you think others would be bored with the Terra Papers, I wouldn't mind discussing them in thread. Really, what I wrote the linked threads for was to establish a Human stance relative to all other races - IF we should meet them (that last for those that don't believe something deeper than we're generally told has and is taking place on our planet).

So post away - or U2U me if you think the folks would lose interest.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Always remember that site owners, administrators and mods sometimes have very personal attachments to their forums. Even if I might be so bold as to call them "unhealthy" attachments, so that any and all [even perceived] criticisms can result in any number of "punishments"

Needless to say I have learned my lesson. Or should I say.....Lessons!

Oh, I am well aware. [smile] I just think it's so funny that such a reactionary response took place. Most site owners would delete with warning something they don't like. Banning seems so...radical, when the rules were not broken.

My lesson? Heh. Don't expect much from the Deep Conservatives. LOL!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

I doubt it has anything to do with the content of your post. Most "conservative" forums are actually little more than heavily cliqued circle-jerks that talk of nothing other than how much they hate Democrats and how much hotter Ann Coulter is than Helen Thomas. It's invariably shallow and self-congratulatory.

It's not that you said something they disliked, but that your posts didn't have any of the stuff they DO like - bashing Democrats, hating gays, killing Muslims, and treating women like meat.

I suppose - but no warnings? Outright banning? Wow.

Well, I have little estimation of the intelligence and desire to make things better in Deep Conservativism.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I got banned from the club for punching some dude in the face. Did you perhaps punch someone and the forget about it....you should retrace your steps.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
The ideas presented are revolutionary as technology convergence can take many pathways in this world. The neo conservative branch is the most self centred, control orientated of the lot, promoting war and money with a megalomaniac dictatorship approach. The first time I head about getting rid of money I was like WTF
but how, what, then, who, is this person tripping? Since then I have learnt that it is a feasible proposition if the ideas and technology naturally present in this world is allowed to flourish instead of getting constantly chopped down. At one stage I did have a business building a robot, but a lack of support with retarded government games killed it. I am very much aware of their risks and capabilities. There are reasons a lot of this technology has been suppressed as fear and poverty is used to maintained a sense of power and control. This is what your ideology is up against in classic battle between the light and dark sides of the force. There are lots of glimmers of hope around, but still many challenges to go. May the force be with you.

Thank you. You built (or had built) a robot? If I grasped that correctly...that's COOL!

Yes, money/power/energy are different manifestations of the same thing. Inject an infinite supply to any of the mix and money becomes worthless. They surely don't want that because They lose control over others.

I may be up against a lot, but as I pointed out to a friend, even the mighty oak began as an acorn.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Well, honestly I am not all that surprised. I do not see anything you did wrong, but often, other forums are strife with mod abuse...

Post something that they disagree with or if you dare to have any kind of opposing view point they will swing that ban hammer.... That is one of the many reasons I do love ATS, for the most part ATS is very fair and train their mods very well and only select mods that they know will be fair and enforce the T&C to the best of their ability.

The only thing I can think of, assuming that it was not just a case of mod abuse ( Which I suspect is the case... I have been banned before for simply mentioning the word ATS on a different conspiracy forum...) is to take a look at their T&C. Is there anything in it, in which those two links some how violate the rules? I can't imagine that being the case....

But who knows.

Oh, I checked their T&C. Looked pretty standard. Don't cuss, don't sell things for money, no rudeness, that stuff. Nowhere did it say, No expressing thoughts that differ from the posters already here. I thought I was golden. Heh.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Oh well.. the forums were probably pathetic so no loss!

IRM

Oh, conceivably. But I was looking forward to debate. Guess they'll have none of THAT! LOL!

Thanks for chiming in!

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I was banned from a liberal site just for pointing out that Obama said "corpse"-man and he thought there were 57 states.

edit on 13-2-2011 by beezzer because: because I'm naughty

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ginchmaster
i was just banned from making threds because when i reached 20 posts my first thread was about how im allowed to make threads now

Though that is amusing... This thread is not about ATS. It's about an unnamed conservative board banning me for posts that broke no rules there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join