It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I was BANNED!

page: 2
13
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Thank you for creating this thread, because I hadn't seen these two threads you created, and they're wonderful. They are such gifts to everyone, for the time and effort to shine your light and bring forth this excellence, thank you so much.


If I can make it work, I would be thrilled.

Thank you for that (though it is not my intent to garner thanks... Just let people know about the behavior of some conservative boards).




posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


Amaterasu ..I have no idea what happened there.. But cluckerspudis probably right about the membership banning



Given that it was not ATS and I am not naming the board in question...I'm thinking I might slide by.

Thanks for your concern.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I followed both those threads and didn't find anything offensive.

Keep up the good work.

I'm glad you're on ATS and I have had the chance to enjoy your threads.

Maybe you were banned because the site you posted on was populated with ignorant members who could not comprehend what you had to say.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by alaskan
Sorry, but to a lot of people your stuff probably reads like long spammer messages.

Signing up and posting something like that right away is just asking to be banned. Did you have many other posts?


Only on other boards - NONE of which have even remotely suggested BANNING! Or even sanctioning.

On many I am having a lively discussion.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by anglodemonicmatrix
reply to post by Amaterasu
 

Conservative forums are often spook ventures for example I know someone who was plastering the truth about Vietnam/Cambodia,America's proxy wars in South America,Monsanto,Bush Crime family etc on Free Republic not only were the threads constantly deleted eventually he was visited and told to stay away from that website which reeks of CIA to me.Democrat forums are probably similarly managed.Id say your thread didn't suit their agenda so they got rid of it.


That's my thought, too. Interestingly, the liberal forums are having far less difficuly tollerating my work on their boards... Huh.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Maybe the conservatives are more selective in the dribble they post. You said you posted eight did Huffington post it? Did anyone else reject it? I’ve seen some lib blogs they don’t let facts confuse the story. Maybe that’s the case here.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Maybe they found it so absurd they thought that it was a Hoax?

Or a moderator was in a really bad mood and really clashed with the information shown.


Well, the latter for sure! LOL!

They possibly may have thought it was a hoax - but usually someone accuses you of that before banning you.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by Amaterasu
 

Maybe so. The tone of your email might well have caused them to toss it into the bin. Even using the same name is no guarantee that you're the same person. Anyone could have ripped off the name as well as the content. Your instinct as to why they wouldn't want you posting on their site may well be right on the money, but if they were on or anywhere near the fence, your reaction might have tipped the scales against you.


I suppose... I guess they don't know that if someone steals THAT stuff and posts it, defends it, and supports it - I would be THRILLED!

The email I sent was in reply to the notice of being banned, and the thread had already been deleted, so the choice to ban me or delete the thread had nothing to do with my email...



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
I followed both those threads and didn't find anything offensive.

Keep up the good work.

I'm glad you're on ATS and I have had the chance to enjoy your threads.

Maybe you were banned because the site you posted on was populated with ignorant members who could not comprehend what you had to say.


Thanks, and I have to say...the thought crossed my mind.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Maybe the conservatives are more selective in the dribble they post. You said you posted eight did Huffington post it? Did anyone else reject it? I’ve seen some lib blogs they don’t let facts confuse the story. Maybe that’s the case here.


These were all forums, where I could post. One board approves all posts from new members, it would seem - but THEY put it up and I have been chatting with people there about it.

And... BTW, I think the word is "drivel."



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


don't feel too bad, my own sister-in-law banned me from her forums. lol
and we got along just fine till we started discussing morality and social issues.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
HUh, well now thats what you get for going anywhere but ATS!!! Lol, I really have no idea if you can believe that one, as to why they would ban you. Maybe they are above conspiracy? Some people still look at it in a negative crazy light.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Innovative ideas are very scary to weak minded people.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say you were likely banned because the moderators and/or admins couldn't comprehend what you were writing, and this scared them to the point that they found the need to end any further points you could bring up within the community.

It seems you've encountered what I often call "left-brained idiocy".



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
HUh, well now thats what you get for going anywhere but ATS!!! Lol, I really have no idea if you can believe that one, as to why they would ban you. Maybe they are above conspiracy? Some people still look at it in a negative crazy light.


I guess, antar! But I don't think I really approached it with conspiracy as the focus... Maybe they thought I did. But at least there should have been a warning. "We have removed your thread and if you do it again you will be banned." Something like that...you'd think...



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
Innovative ideas are very scary to weak minded people.

If I had to take a guess, I'd say you were likely banned because the moderators and/or admins couldn't comprehend what you were writing, and this scared them to the point that they found the need to end any further points you could bring up within the community.

It seems you've encountered what I often call "left-brained idiocy".


LOL! It may be - though I thought I was writing to a high school level... Maybe...they're not that advanced...?



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


don't feel too bad, my own sister-in-law banned me from her forums. lol
and we got along just fine till we started discussing morality and social issues.


Those in the mix can mess you up, eh?

I don't feel badly, though. Highly amused, yes.



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


i was banned from the original art bell forums

i was dissin the mormons at the time, as i had lived in utah for 10 years and moved, and
was sooo glad to be out of there. mormon missionaries were on art bell's forums, trying to convert people
at the time and i kinda came unhinged. i regret it now because i find that some of the things
they believe are not so far fetched after all, but i was just shell shocked from living smack
in the middle of their home base, and the culture differences were just too great

any way, i was banned for my own peace of mind, i was told. lol

was a good call. actually. lol



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


Unfortunately there is NO-WHERE in this entire world that is completely free of corruption and censorship...
Sorry for the 2 line rule, that is all I have to say
edit on 12-2-2011 by rufusthestuntbum because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


i was banned from the original art bell forums


That's AWESOME! Wish *I* could say that!


i was dissin the mormons at the time, as i had lived in utah for 10 years and moved, and
was sooo glad to be out of there. mormon missionaries were on art bell's forums, trying to convert people
at the time and i kinda came unhinged. i regret it now because i find that some of the things
they believe are not so far fetched after all, but i was just shell shocked from living smack
in the middle of their home base, and the culture differences were just too great

any way, i was banned for my own peace of mind, i was told. lol

was a good call. actually. lol


Oh, prolly. LOL! Still, that's a great thing to have on one's life "resume!"



posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu
 


well they believe quite a bit like the terra papers, so i don't think you would've had much argument with them in the long run. i was just recovering from a coma and was pretty much an emotional time bomb. any sight of mormon missionaries, sent me into MATRIX MODE (i swore mr. smith was modelled after mormons lol). over reaction, yes? YES! lol

by the way, i need to talk to you about some of my newer theories as regards the terra papers. need a phone number, preferably. unless ya wanna discuss in on the terra papers thread.



new topics

top topics



 
13
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join