It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I was BANNED!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
In the last week I decided to take my work out to other forums and posted two pieces I wrote (found on ATS here www.abovetopsecret.com... and here www.abovetopsecret.com... ) to about eight forums I found through Google.

Interestingly, one of of the boards had "Conservative" in its name. I had to be "approved;" that took a couple of days. Then I posted the two pieces linked above. I kept checking back and checking back, hoping to engage someone in an intelligent conversation. About, oh, 18 to 20 hours later...with no response at all...then my thread was removed and I got an email saying I was BANNED! LOL!

Now, I ask you... Is there anything in those two posts to warrant a BAN!?! With no discussion???

Mmmmm. I guess those conservatives don't like what I have to say.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I thought discussing membership banning was against T & C.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
I thought discussing membership banning was against T & C.

I think that only applies to ATS banning. This wasn't ATS that banned me.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Did you perhaps plagiarize? Are those your words?
I dunno.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Seems like they would at least give you an explanation of some sort. Otherwise, they're set themselves up for looking closed minded (and discussion here).

Maybe they searched around and found your threads here and thought you pilfered them? Just a thought. But again, if that were the case, one would think they'd let you know this.

Did you try writing and asking?

link   

Originally posted by cluckerspud
Did you perhaps plagiarize? Are those your words?
I dunno.

Absolutely my own.

As many here are likely to attest.

link   
Something don't sound right here too me..you were banned over that ?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Amaterasu ..I have no idea what happened there.. But cluckerspudis probably right about the membership banning

link   
Sounds like someone trying to promote themselves. We all want to grab at glory. What better way to do it then to say “I WAS BANNED”! Oh and you have a book too?

link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Seems like they would at least give you an explanation of some sort. Otherwise, they're set themselves up for looking closed minded (and discussion here).

Maybe they searched around and found your threads here and thought you pilfered them? Just a thought. But again, if that were the case, one would think they'd let you know this.

Did you try writing and asking?

If they thought I ripped someone off, they were perhaps unobservant. I used "Amaterasu" there, too.

I wrote - but not for help. More to let them know it was rude not to give me a clue what the issue was. Sometimes I just go off half-cocked. Maybe I should have taken a different tack.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
oops sorry about that my puter is running slow and it didnt show up the other replys till i posted mine

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Something don't sound right here too me..you were banned over that ?

Seriously. I guess. There was no communication from the time I got the email saying I was "approved," to the time I was banned. All I did was post those two pieces. Hours later - BOOM! Thread gone, email saying I am banned. What else could it have been?

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   

your first link is very insightful and the second link is slightly geared towards persuasion....neither constitutes a ban lol...and the first one is extremely true...perhaps thats the problem

link   
Thank you for creating this thread, because I hadn't seen these two threads you created, and they're wonderful. They are such gifts to everyone, for the time and effort to shine your light and bring forth this excellence, thank you so much.

link   
Sorry, but to a lot of people your stuff probably reads like long spammer messages.

Signing up and posting something like that right away is just asking to be banned. Did you have many other posts?

link   

Conservative forums are often spook ventures for example I know someone who was plastering the truth about Vietnam/Cambodia,America's proxy wars in South America,Monsanto,Bush Crime family etc on Free Republic not only were the threads constantly deleted eventually he was visited and told to stay away from that website which reeks of CIA to me.Democrat forums are probably similarly managed.Id say your thread didn't suit their agenda so they got rid of it.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe they found it so absurd they thought that it was a Hoax?

Or a moderator was in a really bad mood and really clashed with the information shown.
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
Sounds like someone trying to promote themselves. We all want to grab at glory. What better way to do it then to say “I WAS BANNED”! Oh and you have a book too?

You haven't been here enough to have a clue about my work. The book is available on ATS media as a downloadable PDF. All my work is here, for free.

Though the paper book I co-wrote is available for purchase because my coauthor wanted that, because it is mine, too, I offer it here free.

Check out my threads.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drala

your first link is very insightful and the second link is slightly geared towards persuasion....neither constitutes a ban lol...and the first one is extremely true...perhaps thats the problem

Like I said...

I don't think the conservatives like what I have to say.

posted on Feb, 12 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Maybe so. The tone of your email might well have caused them to toss it into the bin. Even using the same name is no guarantee that you're the same person. Anyone could have ripped off the name as well as the content. Your instinct as to why they wouldn't want you posting on their site may well be right on the money, but if they were on or anywhere near the fence, your reaction might have tipped the scales against you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join